Steelmen Online Well Society Membership

Andy_P

First of all, of behalf of all the Mods and Admin. a big thank you to everyone who has responded so positively to our proposals with pledges and expressions of interest.

When I tallied up the maximum amounts people were prepared to pledge this morning we had upwards of £1100 pledged which is fantastic and allows us to focus on securing a Claret membership for the site. Anything we receive over and above that will be held in account and used to either go towards a second membership or for future annual fees which come in at £150 per year for the Claret membership. That can be decided at a later stage.

We intend do the formal business of the form filling and payment of the first installment shortly before the end of March which will allow us roughly three weeks from today to collect monies towards that first payment.

Payment can be sent via Paypal to:- Andrew.Paterson9@btinternet.com

I've set up an account to hold any monies received so if you wanted to send a cheque instead of using Paypal, or if another means of passing on your contribution is better for you, then PM me and we can get something sorted.

If using Paypal please remember to include your username on here, your real name and contact details of your choosing should I need to get in touch. Dunno if it'll save you a few seconds if you can paste and copy this.....

USERNAME:

CONTACT DETAILS:

I gather there can be fees involved in sending and receiving money via Paypal so please mark your payment as a gift so there are no deductions taken from your contribution.

If by the end of March the club haven't hit the £250,000 target, as soon as I receive any monies that have been passed to them back I'll get that returned to those who have contributed ASAP.

Of course we are going to hit that target and all of us at Steelmen Online can be happy in the knowledge that individually or collectively we've played a part in helping that happen.

Thanks again for your support!

• Like 5

First few contributions have started to come in. Thanks for that and keep them coming. Remember when sending via paypal to mark your contribution as a gift and ensure your full donation goes to the fund.

Cheers again!

Are you going to keep the first thread updated as to where the contributions are coming from?

I said I'll put £30 in from me and £30 on behalf of the forum. I'll put half in just now and half at the end of the month as I'm going to be signing up for my own membership either tonight or within the next day or two.

I've created a spreadsheet where I've recorded usernames what people have pledged, what the actual contribution was and contact details should MFC fail to get the £250k and I need to return folks contributions.

Since the pledges are already on the thread, I'll be updating regularly the amount received and for re-assurance I'm contacting people to confirm receipt of their donation I don't see the need to replicate it on the opening post.

Seeing as Andy_P got the idea for this after reading my rant on the 'Well society thread, I think I should contribute.

Heading up to Fir Park tonight to get me and the boss signed up to the Society, but will chip in here as well.

£30 seems to be the going rate, will get this sent over Pay Pal today.

I run a small supporters club from the pub will we be able to do the same and buy a steelmen membership

I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem but best to give Alison at Fir Park a call or email. Her contact details are on a couple of the Well Society threads on here.

Do you mean to our fund or for an individual membership David?

For an individual membership you have 4 installments available to pay up your membership. One has to be before March which can be a small amount if that's easier for the individual. The remainder I think you have up to 9 months to complete the payment. You would specify those 3 other payment dates when filling in your forms.

Ahh right.

Our fund will operate along similar lines. Everything that's collected a week-ten days before the end of March will go to MFC as our first installment with the rest to be paid thereafter.

So if you or anyone wanted to contribute to the fund but would prefer to wait until after March then that would be no hassle at all.

Bump:

I think a group membership is a good idea, but need to reiterrate that, if anyone can possibly afford it, even spread over longer payment terms, then, they should get in touch with the club and discuss options with one of the staff administering the Society and join with a personal membership.

They've been very good so far, helping folk set payment plans and its worth remembering that even though there is an initial target of £250K, we really need memberships to tally over £1,000,000 to make it viable longer term so they club need to know that folk are keen to join in even if the timing isn't perfect right now

We intend do the formal business of the form filling and payment of the first installment shortly before the end of March which will allow us roughly three weeks from today to collect monies towards that first payment.

Payment can be sent via Paypal to:- Andrew.Paterson9@btinternet.com

I've set up an account to hold any monies received so if you wanted to send a cheque instead of using Paypal, or if another means of passing on your contribution is better for you, then PM me and we can get something sorted.

If using Paypal please remember to include your username on here, your real name and contact details of your choosing should I need to get in touch. Dunno if it'll save you a few seconds if you can paste and copy this.....

USERNAME:

CONTACT DETAILS:

I gather there can be fees involved in sending and receiving money via Paypal so please mark your payment as a gift so there are no deductions taken from your contribution.

If by the end of March the club haven't hit the £250,000 target, as soon as I receive any monies that have been passed to them back I'll get that returned to those who have contributed ASAP.

Of course we are going to hit that target and all of us at Steelmen Online can be happy in the knowledge that individually or collectively we've played a part in helping that happen.

Thanks again for your support!

I've sent over £20 Andy, I'll stick in some more if it helps balance the books in future, to complete the membership requirement