Jamie Murphy - How Much Would You Accept For Him?

David

113 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would You Accept For Jamie In The Summer?

• £100,000 - £250,000
    • £250,000 - £500,000
    • £500,000 - £750,000
    • £750,000 - £1 million
    • £1 million minimum

He's fucking shite, and he has stupid fucking boots. I don't mind a white pair every now and then, but who told him to wear these big stupid bright orange and bright fucking yellow things?

As neil said his touch is fucking awful. His "shots" are fuckin powderpuff and no matter what side he plays on he drifts inside far far far too much,

I'd like to hear from him what his position is cos he is not a fucking winger,

The only problem being Humphrey is too obvious for most defences (he runs fast, they get that) and Omar Daley is a liabilaty if he in not running at people. dilly dallying on the ball and never ever tracking back.

He needs to toughen himself up a bit ... too powder puff and im atraid to say it but he disapears when we need him in big games and is outstanding against inferior opposition not good enough must try harder .

Agree with these posts i dont think Jamie has done himself any justice at all with recent performances and doesn't seem to be up for the big games in which he's constantly infuriating. He can leave in the summer for a couple of hundred grand which im sure will benefit him playing in the lower English league maybe 1st Div. The money will come in handy for us in securing other better players on our wage bill. Sorry folks but it's time for him to move on.

Murphy taking pelters yet Ojamaa who was equally poor today is currently winning the MotM poll...

Going out the gates I heard someone saying 'Murphy hasn't kicked a ball in months' - just 2 goals in the last 3 home matches and 6 goals since the turn of the year. People have a short memory.

Murphy is the new David Clarkson. Gets in double figures every season and some people still don't rate him and never will because as soon as he has a poor match they'll trot out the 'Murphy hasn't kicked a ball in months' line.

• Like 2

i dont think people dont rate him, it's just he aint developing the way we had all hoped. He still scores goals, but could do alot better, and probably he knows that as well. McCall playing him on the left when he appears better on the right aint helping, and likewise he should be doing everything in his power to increase his strength.

Maybe we just expect to much from him, given that he's carried the team on many occasions.

i dont think people dont rate him.

Well I disagree there. He's one of those players where if he make a mistake, people in the crowd jump on him, when if others do exactly the same nothing is said or there is only low key grumbling. His defiances are constantly exaggerated and what he brings to the team is over looked. For instance today, even though he didn't play well he still got at least 2 shots on target which I doubt many others managed and his crossing was a hell of a lot better than Hateley's.

I was thinking about Johnny Gahagan who was equally inconsistent and yet he was a crowd favourite almost because half the time he didn't turn up and half the time he did and you never knew what you were going to get but the fans knew that on his day he brought something to the team no one else could.

I think with Murphy people need to accentuate the positive a bit more.

I don't rate him. He did score a decent header recently but he is awful

He needs to toughen himself up a bit ... too powder puff and im atraid to say it but he disapears when we need him in big games and is outstanding against inferior opposition not good enough must try harder .

no he's not

For any chance of a move up, he’s got to start performing in the big games. Especially if it’s live on Sky Sports.

LMAO said this a few pages back that he is posted missing in the big games & was asked to quantify this statement with facts. Another big game & another disappearing act from Murphy. Funny how no one is asking you to quantify your post with facts.

I like Murphy and he has got talent but find it hard to see how anyone could argue against your point on the big games.

Either him or the coaching staff have to figure out the problem and fix it. I am glad he still plays with us and I think he can still contribute for us but to be fair to Humphrey ( who got dropped eventually ) I think it's it's time to drop Murphy and put humphrey back in the starting line up.

Thats why we have a squad of players, to spread the load and replace the off form ones with the on form ones. No shame in that. they all go through their ups and downs. Murphy just needs to find the trigger to move hi sups and downs on to a higher plane.

A year ago he was outstanding in the Dundee United replay and then done not too badly at Hampden. So he doesn't always go missing in the big games.

Like anyone I'm frustrated that he hasn't consistently lived up to his potential but he is still a talented boy. A lack of confidence seems to hold him back as much as anything and that is partly down to him getting played out of position for 3 years.

He seems to be in the same boat as Reynolds when it comes to getting stick on here. As it happens, I thought Reynolds coasted through the game on Sunday. Hammell was also subject to similar criticism before leaving for Southend. Maybe murphy is just cut out for playing at this level. If that's the case, I'd be delighted to see him stay and score 10-15 goals a season.

I don't rate him. He did score a decent header recently but he is awful

Awful? :laugh:

He's hit twelve goals thus far this season, beating his season best of eleven last year. He's currently sitting on four goals in our past seven games.

I find it hilarious that the two players who take the most flak from certain sections of our support are the clubs two top goalscorers.

i dont think people dont rate him, it's just he aint developing the way we had all hoped. He still scores goals, but could do alot better, and probably he knows that as well. McCall playing him on the left when he appears better on the right aint helping, and likewise he should be doing everything in his power to increase his strength.

Maybe we just expect to much from him, given that he's carried the team on many occasions.

I agree with this to be honest. I think Murphy is held to a higher standard than a lot of our other players simply because of the promise he's shown over the years.

I'm guilty of getting frustrated with him on occasion if I'm being honest, but suggest that he's "shite" is simply nonsense.

Awful? :laugh:

He's hit twelve goals thus far this season, beating his season best of eleven last year. He's currently sitting on four goals in our past seven games.

I find it hilarious that the two players who take the most flak from certain sections of our support are the clubs two top goalscorers.

I agree with this to be honest. I think Murphy is held to a higher standard than a lot of our other players simply because of the promise he's shown over the years.

I'm guilty of getting frustrated with him on occasion if I'm being honest, but suggest that he's "shite" is simply nonsense.

Agree with the sentiment, but he scored 12 last season too, but he does look on course to surpass it.

Murphy is very much a purple patch player but he has definitely been valuable, we would be 12 points down if Murphy hadn't scored in 4 particular games.

Soccerbase has him on 11 for last season.

Definitely 12. Soccerbase is wrong.

1. Bredablik (A)

2. Aalesunds (A)

3. Aalesunds (H)

4. Hibs (H)

5. Aberdeen (H)

6. St. Mirren (H)

7. Dundee (A)

8. Hibs (H)

9. Aberdeen (A)

10. Dundee Utd (H)

11. Dundee Utd (H)