Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

Stephen Hughes, Isaac Osbourne, Russell Anderson, Rob Milsom and Yoann Folly are def out injured, Fraser Fyvie faces a late fitness test and Gavin Rae is cuptied. Finding it hard not to be confident of winning this tie with the sheer amont of bodies they will have absent. Would love to give them a right battering but I'd take any sort of win. Hoping for a good atmosphere at the game. 2-0 'Well Ojamaa & Higdon.

Stephen Hughes, Isaac Osbourne, Russell Anderson, Rob Milsom and Yoann Folly are def out injured, Fraser Fyvie faces a late fitness test and Gavin Rae is cuptied. Finding it hard not to be confident of winning this tie with the sheer amont of bodies they will have absent. Would love to give them a right battering but I'd take any sort of win. Hoping for a good atmosphere at the game. 2-0 'Well Ojamaa & Higdon.

Fair amount of key players for them in there that will be missing. I'm sure broon will have them set up in a way that will be hard to break down but I'm sure we will still win comfy. 3-0. Hope Ojamaa continues with his fine form and nets infront of the South, maybe the huge travelling suppory will see just what a talent there gaffer missed out on.

Maybe not, but we won't win it either.

Mark my words on this one. Aberdeen are going to knock us out of the Cup in this round, that might be tomorrow, that might be in the replay but I am 99.9% certain that we will not be seeing the streets of Mount Florida again any time soon.

Want a picture of my street and the surrounding area? I can do a wee tour for ye.

Infact, here's one I took earlier

422012_2436545892256_1810003499_1503517_2106228638_n.jpg

You're quite right, I constantly find myself at a loss as to why there's always so much negativity leading up to pretty much every Motherwell game. Even the excuse of "we're Motherwell and can easily throw away games" doesn't wash, and doesn't necessarily have to result in folk turning into doom merchants.

I'm right up for tomorrow's game - looking forward to it and I reckon we'll win comfortably - the scoreline may be relatively close due to Aberdeen's defensive tactics, but I think the game will be comfortably controlled by us.

Then back to the pub for the semi-final draw. Belter.

Its just in our make up. Experience has taught us not to tempt fate.

Im a glass half full sort of guy, but when it comes to Motherwell or Scotland I wont make rash predictions. I also kinda like the fact that its another thing that makes us different from the ugly sisters.

I dont back them at the bookies either (although I would never bet against)

Im not predicting defeat today, and I think all things being equal we should win, but been around long enough to know a banana skin when I see one. Here's hoping the manager and the team do too.

Mon the steelmen!

Its just in our make up. Experience has taught us not to tempt fate.

Im a glass half full sort of guy, but when it comes to Motherwell or Scotland I wont make rash predictions. I also kinda like the fact that its another thing that makes us different from the ugly sisters.

I dont back them at the bookies either (although I would never bet against)

Im not predicting defeat today, and I think all things being equal we should win, but been around long enough to know a banana skin when I see one. Here's hoping the manager and the team do too.

Mon the steelmen!

Oh aye, I do get that. I'm old enough to know from experience that Motherwell are never generally a good bet in pretty much any game.

However, that doesn't stop me from tempting fate or making 'rash predictions'. I don't see why that experience has to automatically mean negativity.

I'm perfectly happy giving it big licks about how we're going to do Aberdeen today and how we're going to be in the Champions League next year. If neither happen, then so what? I find it far more enjoyable discussing how we'll get to certain countries for Champions League ties and what the plans will be for the Scottish Cup Final, rather than telling everyone about how 'I just don't see us winning this today' for seemingly no apparent reason, other than having seen us lose football matches before.

Oh aye, I do get that. I'm old enough to know from experience that Motherwell are never generally a good bet in pretty much any game.

However, that doesn't stop me from tempting fate or making 'rash predictions'. I don't see why that experience has to automatically mean negativity.

I'm perfectly happy giving it big licks about how we're going to do Aberdeen today and how we're going to be in the Champions League next year. If neither happen, then so what? I find it far more enjoyable discussing how we'll get to certain countries for Champions League ties and what the plans will be for the Scottish Cup Final, rather than telling everyone about how 'I just don't see us winning this today' for seemingly no apparent reason, other than having seen us lose football matches before.

Totally with you on the negativity Jay.

I'm no doom merchant. Totally up for todays game and there's nothing wrong with dreaming about a trip to the San Siro or the likes.

Indeed, winding up Rangers fans this past week or two has been very enjoyable.

However I think there is a fine line between anticipation and expectation so while I wont be crowing from the rooftops about what we are going to do to Aberdeen today I am really looking forward to the game.

Id love it if we could stuff wee Broon again!

I think some of the negativity in here is tongue in cheek/reverse psychology stuff (keep up the good work MJC) so as long as it keeps working for us Im a happy man!

Mon the steelmen!

However I think there is a fine line between anticipation and expectation so while I wont be crowing from the rooftops about what we are going to do to Aberdeen today I am really looking forward to the game.

Oh aye, I agree about the anticipation v expectation thing, but it works both ways. A lot of the negativity seems to cross that line into expectation.

Anyway, up the 'Well, in about this mob.

Lets get right behind our team from the first minute, we need to be really vocal today because Aberdeen will be, we have to match them, and I am sure at the end of this game we will be in the next round. " She wore, She wore , a Claret and Amber Ribbon"

SUPER 'WELLnotworthy.gif

Oh aye, I agree about the anticipation v expectation thing, but it works both ways. A lot of the negativity seems to cross that line into expectation.

Anyway, up the 'Well, in about this mob.

Amen!

Cheers, he was a truly great player for us. Graham and Pettigrew are certainly up there as one of our finest ever strike partnerships. notworthy.gif

That was back in the day when STV games were in colour, but when they should the Aberdeen highlights from Grampian, they were in black & white.

I had a successful day at the bookies yesterday but I don't know if I'm lucky enough to get cash off the bookies and see my team win on the same weekend. If we lose you can blame me.

I think this will be a tough match, Aberdeen might not be great but they have been turned into a typical Brown type team that's hard to beat and doesn't give away much at the back. I think we will need Ojamaa at his best to help break them down.

I suspect it could go to a replay at Pittodrie but even if that happened I'd reckon we'd still be in with at least an even chance in the return match.