Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

i think, now that we are shooting more from around the edge of the box and beyond it will help us break them down. Also with the options we have in attack I think they will struggle to nullify all of them.

As I look back through their results, they do not score many, they have struggled against lower league opposiiton in cup games ( probably cause they don't score many goals ) and third intersting thing i noted was the fact that they have beaten dundee Utd twice this season. So maybe they will do us a favour the last game before the split and beat them again!!!

goals conceded has a direct effect on results while goals score by one player doesn't.

I stopped reading here as that is just nonsense. Of course the goals scored by our top scorer has a direct effect on games.

Oh, and Clarky managed to score 13 league goals in each of his last two seasons - at least one of which was in a team that was better than the one we have now.

looking back you wonder what mcdonald, porter, jutkiewicz or clarky would score in this team with this level of opposition or what the likes of o'connor, vernon, sandaza or daly would get.

we've failed to score in 10 out 29 spl games this season. why is that?

I may be wrong, but from the latter group of players you mention there, none would be anywhere near our budget.

No one on here has ever said that Higdon is a brilliant striker, but he's played his part as much as anyone in getting us to where we are in the table today.

In my opinion we are going no further in the Scottish Cup this season.

Aberdeen are a much improved side from the one from the beginning of the season and it's no accident that they have went 12 matches unbeaten because Craig Brown has has clearly put his stamp on that team by making them hard to beat and solid defensively. We will struggle to break them down next Sunday and this tie will either finish level and they will knock us out in the replay or it will be an away win.

We've got a good record against Aberdeen of late, but it would just be so typical if that was to end in the biggest encounter of them all and I think that will be either next Sunday or in the replay. Plus, I just don't see us playing at Hampden two seasons in a row.

No, Aberdeen are going to knock us out of the Cup in this round and for me the only question is where they will do that, either at Fir Park or at Pittodrie in the replay.

Either 1-1 or 2-1 to them I'm afraid, but as ever I hope to be proved wrong.

We have a shit record versus Rangers, you predict that the record is there for a reason and Rangers will pump us.

We have a great record v Aberdeen, you predict that records come to an end and we will get beat.

Good one :laugh: .

My prediction is for a close and nervy game but we have more of an spark with Murphy and Ojamaa and that will prove to be the difference. Motherwell 2 (Murphy and Ojamaa) Aberdeen 1 (couldane care less)

I fancy Mark Reynolds to have a shitemare in defence. Hope any cross we whip in is nicely placed between him and there keeper, dunno how many goals we lost due to Reynolds inabilty to put the ball out for a corner. I would have Ojamma ghosting in behind him at all times.

Seriously think we will win quite comfy, 3-0 'well, Murphy, Ojamma and Higdon all on the scoresheet.

Can i ask for Humphrey back in now... i have waited since November....Humphrey and OJ will terrorise Aberdeen back four.... exciting prospect!

As much as he would help terrorise their defence, he'll be on the bench i imagine. Lasley will be back in for Daley definitely. I would however prefer him to come on ahead of Daley, the more effective of the two i feel.

2-1 'Well to be the final score. Dons pulling one back late on after goals from Higdon and that man Ojamaa!

My Sheepshagging supporting mate suggest his side are planning some sort of card display in the south and that they have shifted a fair amount of briefs for the game.

Looking forward to the game, think it will be a tough fixture, would love a moment of magic from Ojamaa to win just to get it right up that old fud.