Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

They will likely park the bus as they did in September and make it hard for us to break them down. However we've scored 19 in our last 5 home games so we should have enough going forward with Ojamaa and Law being the key players to unlock their defence. I think its vital that we don't fall behind in this game as i fear it could be a repeat of the Inverness quarter final a few years ago if this was to happen.

I liked Reynolds when he was with us but that goes out the window on Sunday and we should get on his back from the off as i don't think he'll deal to well with abuse, hopefully lead to him having a nightmare.

Lasley back in for Daley would be the only change that i'd make.

2-0 to us. Higdon and Ojamaa with the goals. Mon the Well!

We know exactly how Broon is going to set his team up, so it's up to our creative players to try and carve something out.

No such thing as an easy Cup Tie at this stage of the competition, but I think we can do the business at the first time of asking. 2 - 0 with our impact subs turning the game in the second half.

Can i ask for Humphrey back in now... i have waited since November....Humphrey and OJ will terrorise Aberdeen back four.... exciting prospect!

Who would you replace with Humphrey? I imagine that Lasley replaces Daley from the team that beat Dunfermline.

As someone else said, I rate Humhprey above Daley at present, but he's an impact sub and nothing more.

Not going to be an easy match but since it's the cup, we won't be affected by suspensions. My starting XI would be the same as SD's above.

But we could see a high scoring draw. Aye, Broon's sides always play not to conceed but I think it may have the feel of the game vs Hibs a couple weeks ago. But then again, they are shite going forward.

Fuck it.

2-0 Motherwell. Higdon and Ojamma, again!

COYW

My Sheepshagging supporting mate suggest his side are planning some sort of card display in the south and that they have shifted a fair amount of briefs for the game.

Looking forward to the game, think it will be a tough fixture, would love a moment of magic from Ojamaa to win just to get it right up that old fud.

Bottom tier card display they are planning! May I also point out that they mentioned Motherwell, or more specifically Alan Marshall has been fantastic to work with and allowing them early access.

Good to hear if you ask me, a wee bit of healthy competition between fans and also this approach from the club will only gain them respect and encourage away fans to come back! I remember the days when the Dons used to pack that South Stand, Scottish football has a lot to do but sensible attitudes from clubs, police and stewards is a start!

• Like 4

I wouldn't drop Murphy for him either. I'm not sure despite his pish performance at the weekend, that I would have him in front of Daley either. I just think Humphrey is better to have from off the bench. Not many teams in the SPL - and certainly none at our level can call upon a player of Humphrey's ability from hte bench.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

• Like 1

No he is not better as a super sub.... we cant keep leaving him on the bench, he has earned a chance to play Sunday.... Drop Murphy or Law, let them have a rest... my preferred option would be Law... Murphy seems to be playing ok at present.

If we leave Humphrey out again at the weekend, we would be in danger of him wanting away in the Summer... He turned the game in our favour... give him the chance to start he deserves it.

I dont buy into this Super sub tag, regardless of his ability to play from the bench... He will be buzzing after Dunfirmline match, and will rip Aberdeen to pieces Sunday... lets not kick him in the balls and leave him out again.

No he is not better as a super sub.... we cant keep leaving him on the bench, he has earned a chance to play Sunday.... Drop Murphy or Law, let them have a rest... my preferred option would be Law... Murphy seems to be playing ok at present.

If we leave Humphrey out again at the weekend, we would be in danger of him wanting away in the Summer... He turned the game in our favour... give him the chance to start he deserves it.

I dont buy into this Super sub tag, regardless of his ability to play from the bench... He will be buzzing after Dunfirmline match, and will rip Aberdeen to pieces Sunday... lets not kick him in the balls and leave him out again.

Law has been having a great spell for the last month+. He certainly doesn't deserve to be left out.

Humphrey is a great addition to our squad, no argument from me but IMO, he's not one of our best 11! Therefore, his place is the bench.

• Like 1

Its not a matter of kicking Humph in the balls.

This is a Scottish Cup Quarter Final with a trip to Hampden and the increased revenuethat goes with it.

We play our strongest team and given recent performances tha means Law on the left and Murphy on the right. Those 2 have upped their games since Ojammas arrival and are our best options.

Humphrey has had plenty chances this season and Saturday apart has pretty much failed to deliver. He will get more chances in the next few weeks with suspensions. Now is not the time to throw him back in.

As for pissing him off and making him want to leave, well good luck to him! (although I doubt he is the kind of guy to take the pet like that).

If we want to keep our best players we need this semi final to get money in to reduce the shortfall in our finances. It would also be nice to stick it to wee Judas again.

Sorry Humph, take a seat, your time will come.

I hate to say it but I feel Humph is in the same boat has Craigan at the moment. Unless these is some sort of injury/suspension etc, why break up a team that's playing well! If we get in a humph vs Daley competition then yeah am a humph fan but if law, las, murphy and jenno are fit at the moment he can't get a look in.

hopefully the players are excited about european football and are glad to be part of a good team. Each of them will get their turn eventually ( and more than one turn ) everybody won't play well all the time plus, as mentioned with suspensions and injuries it's up to each player to sieze the chance, once they are in starting line up, to play well enough to stay there. Once Craigan goes back in then Clancy may find it hard to get back in. But, again he will get another chance at some point.

I think it is great that at the start of the season we were moaning that we did not have enough players to cover injuries or suspensions. Now we're discussing where our first team players will all fit in. The fact we now have a bench with 3 SPL first team players (not to mention I believe Hollis and Saunders too - so in theory are 5 SPL First Team Players). Granted we're going to lose quality if certain players are missing but many much bigger clubs than us are the same.

Anyway, on the Aberdeen front - see SkySports have Aberdeen beating us at Pitodrie earlier on in the season <_>

we need to bear in mind he was up against austin mccann on saturday.

he was, aye.

but so were Murphy and Daley.................Daley had a mare, probably the same as his performance against United at Tannadice.

Humphrey has done well since he has come on as a sub - but he doesnt oust anyone from the midfield - Murphy Las Jenno and Law for me. Its whats working and we shouldnt change it unless we have to.

Humphrey, however, should be first in the pecking order if someone drops out with injury or suspension. For me, Daley has been far more eratic this season than the Hump