Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

Every time we prepare to face them he tries to convince folk that it's all our fault and that he's a nice auld guy really!! His latest statement takes the biccy it really does! He only gets abuse cos of the way he left us, which was entirely his doing.

On field matters and honestly, ANY win for Motherwell will do me just fine. I'd love to hammer them, but in the cup its all about progress, so if I had the choice I'd rather smack them in the SPL next week!

Las back in for Omar, 2-0 Well and Hampden here we come!!!

Higdon has been great since he came to the club. But, I'll always miss big Hutton.

Me too! That was a direct quote from the Daily Rancid. No surprise they can't even get player names right. Must be taking their copy from the BBC. How is Lawleff playing these days anyway?

Anyone considered that he's purposely brought up the abuse stuff in the hope that it comes back into the mindset of some of the Motherwell support who will get caught up trying to abuse him rather than giving positive support for our team?

He'll know only too 'Well fans love a hate figure to unleash their fury upon and I think he's trying to play on it.

Fortunately I think he seems to be blissfully unaware of the level of support the team have been getting from the fans in recent times and besides, in the current climate abusing Craig Brown comes way way down the list of priorities.

With a Champions League place to secure and a Cup to win, who really gives a fuck about Craig Brown?

• Like 1

Coming out with complete rubbish like that will only make him more of a target if he wasnt already. Cannot believe the arrogance of the old toad, perhaps this is him trying to play Fergie like mind games. Only completely failing.

If both teams play to their capabilities we'll go through. Hopefully Ojamma will score the winner to get it right round Brown as well although I'm concerned that Aberdeen must have signed somebody better than The Sheriff! Can't quite work out who that is yet though!?

I see on Pie & Bovril the Dons have sold around 2500-3000 tickets. Add PATG and they could well fill 2/3rds of the away end.

Good going if you ask me. The only thing the old duffer got right when he jumped ship is that they have potential to take a large away support.

We would do well to take 1000 to Pittodrie with the kick off time and live TV.

Let's hope there is a decent turn out from the home fans to drown out the Dandy Dons......

I see on Pie & Bovril the Dons have sold around 2500-3000 tickets. Add PATG and they could well fill 2/3rds of the away end.

Good going if you ask me. The only thing the old duffer got right when he jumped ship is that they have potential to take a large away support.

We would do well to take 1000 to Pittodrie with the kick off time and live TV.

Let's hope there is a decent turn out from the home fans to drown out the Dandy Dons......

Sound s like there are going to be some decent crowds this weekend.

3000+ hibs fans, 3000 + Aberdeen and there are only 200 tickets left at tannadice. Hopefully we play our part as well.

I really fancy us to truimph on sunday. Aberdeen have been pretty solid as of late. Don't think they have lost a game since late December. However despite getting a good win over United at Tannadice there only other SPL win since then was against Dunfermline and that was a struggle. In the Cup they pumped out there feeder team Forfar 4-0 and struggled twice against QOTS. They seem to struggle to net one goal per game ATM so with that being said i predict a 2-0 victory for the well, with Aberdeen beating us 6-3 on Corners and 7-4 on free kicks.

Motherwell Side -

Randolph

Hateley, Hutchinson, Clancy, Hammell

Murphy, Lasley, Jennings, Law

Ojamaa, Higdon

Aberdeen Side -

Brown

Considine, McArdle, Reynolds, Megginson, Jack, Arnason, Fallon, Rae, Pawlett

Vernon - (Don't forget to track back)

In all seriousness I fancy a Motherwell v Dundee United Final.

Broon is under big pressure to win this, as if they don't, their season is well and truly finished once again well before Easter. I do fancy we've too much for them to cope with at the back, I know they've got draws at Ibrox and at home to Celtic, but they always turn up against Rangers and were up against a Celtic team last week seemingly already in wind-down mode having won the league. That's a mindset which might come back and bite their arse incidentally. Anyway, first goal crucial, think we'll go at this like a steam train early doors and get it sorted.

For me? The team talk is done. Again, the treacherous one has claimed undue credit for where we as a club now find ourselves and then the victim card makes a return... The sum of money for club merchandise is immaterial, he hasn't, simply won't, grasp why there is malice pointed his way. no matter how he and his media chums dress it up, his conduct, much akin to the poison pen letter episode at Scotland was questionable.

Hope, this has sparked a banner idea for Dee, Rico and their lot... "Is that all you could afford in the club shop?", "We've all spent £301 in the club shop" should suffice.

Motherwell first goal is crucial, still think we'll take our chance at Fir Park. is it too much to wish this and the geriatric one slips and breaks his hip on the way in/out?

COYW

The Auld Buggers at it.

He knows fine well why there is ill feeling towards him.

He's just trying to distract us from the job in hand to try and gain an advantage.

Best thing to do is totally ignore him, turn out in numbers and roar the players on to what hopefully can be a great victory.

Thats the best GIRFUY we can deliver!

Would really love to stuff this mob tomorrow. We've only hit four against them once since the late 50s and we lost that 5-6. Come on Motherwell, gub them!!!!!!