Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

Aye, Paw Broon has the dons playing the way he had us set up and the way he had his Scotland teams set up. Shite up top, but nigh on impossible to break down.

You just have to look at their goals for/against record since Christmas.

So therefore, Aberdeens good defence and shit attack versus our good attack and shit (depending on line up) defence? Boring 0-0 written all over it. :wallbash:

Aye, Paw Broon has the dons playing the way he had us set up and the way he had his Scotland teams set up. Shite up top, but nigh on impossible to break down.

You just have to look at their goals for/against record since Christmas.

So therefore, Aberdeens good defence and shit attack versus our good attack and shit (depending on line up) defence? Boring 0-0 written all over it. :wallbash:

And Granpa' to claim the win on corners again, if they get far enough up the park. :rolleyes:

We haven't got a shit defence!!!! Only Herts have conceeded less goals than us (29 v our 33), just 1.14 goals per game. Think we give our boys a hard time too often.

No he is not better as a super sub.... we cant keep leaving him on the bench, he has earned a chance to play Sunday.... Drop Murphy or Law, let them have a rest... my preferred option would be Law... Murphy seems to be playing ok at present.

If we leave Humphrey out again at the weekend, we would be in danger of him wanting away in the Summer... He turned the game in our favour... give him the chance to start he deserves it.

I dont buy into this Super sub tag, regardless of his ability to play from the bench... He will be buzzing after Dunfirmline match, and will rip Aberdeen to pieces Sunday... lets not kick him in the balls and leave him out again.

Sorry Daz, but Humphrey doesn't unsettle what has been a pretty consistent midfield. If someone else ends up injured or suspended then he's surely overtaken Daley at the moment as the man to slot in, but he's an impact player from the bench at present.

that's not really true.

we actually scored slightly more goals per game under brown 1.43(63/44) than we have under mccall 1.41 (86/61).

when you consider that mccall has clocked up 24 goals against lower division pish compared to only 2 for brown then it's safe to say we were a fair bit better at scoring in the spl with brown in charge 1.51(53/35) than under mccall so far 1.1 (55/50).

under mccall we've failed to score to score on 24 occasions (39% of games) under brown we drew a blank 10 times (23%)

i don't understand how the brown dour, mccall exciting myth got started.

that's not really true.

we actually scored slightly more goals per game under brown 1.43(63/44) than we have under mccall 1.41 (86/61).

when you consider that mccall has clocked up 24 goals against lower division pish compared to only 2 for brown then it's safe to say we were a fair bit better at scoring in the spl with brown in charge 1.51(53/35) than under mccall so far 1.1 (55/50).

under mccall we've failed to score to score on 24 occasions (39% of games) under brown we drew a blank 10 times (23%)

i don't understand how the brown dour, mccall exciting myth got started.

Whats McCalls stats since he's started sending us out 4-4-2?? whistling.gif

I face the mother of all conundrums this season in the Scottish cup. There is pretty much nothing on this earth that I want more than to see Motherwell win the Scottish Cup again and part of me thinks we are going all the way to the final this year (whether we win it is another matter..) It just so happens I have a very important wedding on May 19th!! My other half has been informed that if we make the final come hell or high water I will be there. This has no gone down well. The promise of my name being mud forever with the bride and groom will be hard to take but I'll get over it. I would never get over missing Motherwell win the cup.

So, I don't know what to feel about Sunday. I hate Broon and have always hated Aberdeen and it would pain me greatly to lose to those fucks and end the cup dream for another year, but for the sake of an easy life it would probably be easier if we lost!!

• Like 1

I face the mother of all conundrums this season in the Scottish cup. There is pretty much nothing on this earth that I want more than to see Motherwell win the Scottish Cup again and part of me thinks we are going all the way to the final this year (whether we win it is another matter..) It just so happens I have a very important wedding on May 19th!! My other half has been informed that if we make the final come hell or high water I will be there. This has no gone down well. The promise of my name being mud forever with the bride and groom will be hard to take but I'll get over it. I would never get over missing Motherwell win the cup.

So, I don't know what to feel about Sunday. I hate Broon and have always hated Aberdeen and it would pain me greatly to lose to those fucks and end the cup dream for another year, but for the sake of an easy life it would probably be easier if we lost!!

In a similar boat, it's been some week.

Suits me like. Can't make it on Sunday, but a replay I can!

Fuck that. We're chasing a Champions League slot. We don't need any more games than we'll already have in the run-in to the end of the season.

A nice, quick win over Aberdeen on Sunday will see me a happy man. In fact, two goals before half-time, followed by another early doors second half and McCall can hook some of our more influental players and "wrap them in cotton wool" until the following weekend.

Who gives a flying f*ck what you spent Brown? Come on Motherwell, GET TORE INTO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAIG BROWN insists he’s put his money where his mouth is to back Motherwell, unlike the boo-boys set to shout abuse at him on Sunday.

The Aberdeen boss spent more than £300 in the club shop at Fir Park on strips for his grandchildren, backed other worthy causes and put results on the board.

Yet he has been a target for a section of the Steelmen’s support for quitting Fir Park for a better contract at Pittodrie.

And he knows there will be a bulls-eye on his back when the sides face off for a place in the Scottish Cup semi-finals.

Brown said: “I’m used to the abuse but I’d say to these guys: ‘how much did you spend in the club shop last Christmas?’

“I spent more than £300 on strips for my grandchildren who are still wearing them so getting abuse is a compliment.

“When we went to Fir Park the club was on a downer, losing five and drawing four of their previous nine games. We went on a run, winning eight and drawing four of our games which gave everyone a lift.

“We enjoyed six games in Europe which brought the crowds back so I have nothing to be embarrassed about returning.”

Brown admits the challenge of bringing the Scottish Cup back to Pittodrie after a 22-year absence is huge as Motherwell are the third-best side in the country.

And he stressed that Stuart McCall is a leading candidate for Manager of the Year.

The Dons boss said: “If we enjoy the luck we had against Queen of the South, scoring near the end to win, we can lift the cup. But we can’t depend on a last-minute goal from a defender. We’re not going to get a break like that at Motherwell.

“They are a top team. If you go through their side, you couldn’t pick a weakness.

“They have Darren Randolph, an exceptional goalkeeper. Tom Hateley and Stephen Hammell are top-class full backs while they have three very good centre-backs to choose from.

“They also have the transfer of the season, Henrik Ojamaa, a live-wire and an inspired signing while Michael Higdon has replaced John Hutton.

“They kept Jamie Murphy when Blackpool wanted him and have two flyers, Omar Daley and Chris Humphrey. We know them inside-out and respect the quality they have.

“But Stuart McCall will be looking at our players who have put together a 12-game unbeaten run. They’ll be giving us a bit of respect as well. What is certain is that we can’t be short of our best because they are a very good team.

“I hesitate to say it but Stuart had a maintenance job rather than a rebuilding one. But that can be harder because they were at a level and if you don’t maintain it, you’re a failure.

“He not only maintained it, he improved it so you couldn’t give him other than maximum praise. He’ll certainly be in contention for the Manager of the Year award.”

He still doesn't get it does he? It's the fucking treachery we hate you for ya auld prick.

Anyway I earn £23k a year and spent £200 in the club shop not to mention £270 on a season ticket and £300 on the society and a shit load on semi and final tickets. So do I win?

I think he says these things to piss us off and he has certainly succeeded with me.

Anyway I will be sending him a postcard from amsterdam or wherever we are in a champions league with GIRUY on it. I urge you to join me. :rolleyes:

McCalls only done a maintainance job?? Maybe so but of the 11 Motherwell players who take to the field on Sunday, only Randolph was signed by Brown. McCalls signed Ojamma, Law, Clancy and Higdon. He's also brought Hutchy back in, something Brown was not willing to consider.

Browns off his head - auld c**t!

Browns off his head - auld c**t!

He's also just hailed Ojamaa as transfer of the season, despite telling Aberdeen fans last month that he had the chance to sign the wee man but chose not to bother as he was confident of bringing in someone even better. :lol:

He's also just hailed Ojamaa as transfer of the season, despite telling Aberdeen fans last month that he had the chance to sign the wee man but chose not to bother as he was confident of bringing in someone even better. :lol:

And he might deliver... I mean Alan Gow is much beter than Ojamaa... :whistling: