Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Cup Game Discussion Thread

David

We won't lose this tomorrow. Might mean a lot to Aberdeen, but sure as heck means a lot to us as well. Results don't lie, we ARE a better team than they are, and we are virtually at full strength whilst they are missing several players through injury. Next Saturday I think will be a far tougher game than tomorrow considering our central defence is missing.

'I hesitate to say it but Stuart had a maintenance job rather than a rebuilding one. But that can be harder because they were at a level and if you don’t maintain it, you’re a failure.' Craig Brown

You should have hesitated a few seconds more Brown. Jim Gannon did the Motherwell rebuild not you!!!!!!

• Like 2

We won't lose this tomorrow.

Maybe not, but we won't win it either.

Mark my words on this one. Aberdeen are going to knock us out of the Cup in this round, that might be tomorrow, that might be in the replay but I am 99.9% certain that we will not be seeing the streets of Mount Florida again any time soon.

• Like 1

Right up for this tomorrow, I expect a good cup atmosphere and hopefully a game to match. Broonie will turn up looking for a replay, but our attacking movement and pace will be too far and we'll see it through tomorrow.

She wore...

Mark my words on this one. Aberdeen are going to knock us out of the Cup in this round, that might be tomorrow, that might be in the replay but I am 99.9% certain that we will not be seeing the streets of Mount Florida again any time soon.

are u no bored yet of saying the same old shite

• Like 2

I sure I read somewhere that the last time we met the Dons in a quarter final was 1975 when we won 0-1 at Pittodrie ,I was at the game with my Father who is sadly long since gone ,but you know it just seems like yesterday, where have all those the years gone? Any you guys at the game ? On second thoughts I bet most of you weren't born. Football is a nostalgic game and when I think back to all the games Ive been to over the years the people Ive met the joys the heartaches it makes me proud to be a well fan. Enjoy the game tomorrow and get right behind the team. :yahoo:

And yes ive been drinking. :cheers:

• Like 3

Same as you were 99.9% certain Hibs were going to gub us. Or Saint Johnstone would catch us out. Or Herts were going to stuff us. etc, etc etc etc etc...................negative.gif

• Like 2

I sure I read somewhere that the last time we met the Dons in a quarter final was 1975 when we won 0-1 at Pittodrie ,I was at the game with my Father who is sadly long since gone ,but you know it just seems like yesterday, where have all those the years gone? Any you guys at the game ? On second thoughts I bet most of you weren't born. Football is a nostalgic game and when I think back to all the games Ive been to over the years the people Ive met the joys the heartaches it makes me proud to be a well fan. Enjoy the game tomorrow and get right behind the team. :yahoo:

And yes ive been drinking. :cheers:

Me too Postie - again with a dad long gone - huge support up that day.

Your seriously on the wind up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9jhGiIAFM

• Like 2

I was at the game with my Father who is sadly long since gone ,but you know it just seems like yesterday, where have all those the years gone? Any you guys at the game ?

Same here postie, I was also at the game with my dad. We went up on the Forth, Lanark supporters bus. I’m trying to remember who scored the goal, was it Bobby Graham?

I really don't get all the negativity about this game. Too much doom an gloom...I honestly think we'll fucking pump them!!!

You're quite right, I constantly find myself at a loss as to why there's always so much negativity leading up to pretty much every Motherwell game. Even the excuse of "we're Motherwell and can easily throw away games" doesn't wash, and doesn't necessarily have to result in folk turning into doom merchants.

I'm right up for tomorrow's game - looking forward to it and I reckon we'll win comfortably - the scoreline may be relatively close due to Aberdeen's defensive tactics, but I think the game will be comfortably controlled by us.

Then back to the pub for the semi-final draw. Belter.

These c***s on the Aberdeen forum have got a semi final thread going already !! :wallbash:

Want to see them well and truly pumped tomorrow. :thumbup:

Can't wait to email their admin and tell him he'd better lock the thread or make it a stick for next year :popcorn: