If a Rangers newco are voted in to the SPL...

Jay

194 members have voted

1. 1. If a newco was voted into the SPL would you consider turning your back on SPL football?

• Yes
    • No

Why should the decision have any bearing on whether you support your own team? Surely staying away in protest is hurting Motherwell more than anything else. Register your complaints, boo them every time we play them, write to your MP but for pity's sake support Motherwell whatever the outcome.

Because Motherwell will be a big part in the decision process that will allow a version of Rangers to return directly to the SPL.

It's about time everyone lived within their means anyway so taking the TV money out of the equation might solve a few problems, create a few initially yes but to me that money should never be counted as guaranteed income. TV money if it comes in should be used to bring gate prices down, everthing else goes to run the football club.

Quite agree Matt. But it is hard enough getting 4000 Well fans to FirPark when we are sitting 3rd in the league and playing some decent football. More fans will be lost if we were playing poorly and had a crap team, because we had significantly less revenue, than the few on here threatening a boycott. Time for the tin hat......probably a few on here would turn their back because of poor results who are threatening to stay away if the club try and protect revenue by allowing the Gers back in the SPL.

Best way forward is a new co Gers in the 3rd division and a fairer distribution of tv revenue, so that even if it is decreased the non old firm clubs do not lose out to the tune it threatens their very existence. If Sky were to pull the plug on the SPL as a result of Rangers in the 3rd division, then I would cancel my sky subscrition within a nanosecond and I suspect there will be a fair few more than the 2000 the poster was referring to above.

Why is it that everybody immediately assumes that less money will mean a poorer product and lower crowds?

Im fed up with that argument as its just total tosh!

Its not the amount of money you have that is important its what you do with it and how you structure things.

They way ahead for Scottish football is to invest in youth. Thats how we got success in the past and thats how we will succeed in the future.

Has everyone forgotten the start we made under Gannon? Those European games were immense with a team whose average age was about 23. The Flamurtari game was brilliant and we scared the sh*t out of Steua Bucharest at Broomfield. It was so exciting and yes, the wheels came off Gannons bogey, but that sense of hope is priceless.

Rangers and Celtic have screwed Scottish Football with their level of greed and self interest for years and we have all allowed it to happen.

Thats why we must send the strongest message possible to our board about whats at stake here in order that they understand the strength of feeling and force them to do the right thing.

Thankfully, I think they are listening. Here's hoping the other clubs are too.

Lets take get the peoples game back for the people!

I would be genuinely delighted if Sky fuck off

I wouldnt disagree.

You dont have to pay young boys big wages and the transfer fees for movin on under 23's contract or not, would keep the club afloat.

It would be an absolute disaster for the Ugly Sisters and they would be forced to punt their high earners making the playing field more even.

That would make our league more competitive, interesting and drive crowds UP!

We should be modelling ourselves on Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc not the EPL.

Greed is not good and right now neither are we, so what do we have to lose?

Question 1 - If Rangers are liquidated and reformed as a Newco, should they be allowed immediate re-entry into the SPL?

Question 2 - In the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed immediate re-entry how, as a supporter of another SPL/SFL club would you respond?

I would continue to attend SPL fixtures as normal I would NOT attend any SPL fixtures at all I would continue to attend SPL fixtures but boycott any fixtures involving the Rangers Newco I support an SFL team so don't attend any SPL fixtures

Question 3 - Do you back the SPL's Financial Fair Play Proposals?

ABERDEEN: 97% NO to Newco // 66% wouldn't return & 24% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP

CELTIC: 98% NO to Newco // 53% wouldn't return & 36% would boycott Newco fixtures // 73% NO to FFP

DUNDEE UTD: 97% NO to Newco // 62% wouldn't return & 27% would boycott Newco fixtures // 54% NO to FFP

DUNFERMLINE: 97% NO to Newco // 62% wouldn't return & 25% would boycott Newco fixtures // 49% NO to FFP

HEARTS: 97% NO to Newco // 46% wouldn't return & 36% would boycott Newco fixtures // 41% NO to FFP

HIBERNIAN: 98% NO to Newco // 54% wouldn't return & 35% would boycott Newco fixtures // 56% NO to FFP

INVERNESS CT: 93% NO to Newco // 55% wouldn't return & 33% would boycott Newco fixtures // 60% NO to FFP

KILMARNOCK: 95% NO to Newco // 56% wouldn't return & 33% would boycott Newco fixtures // 57% NO to FFP

MOTHERWELL: 92% NO to Newco // 61% wouldn't return & 25% would boycott Newco fixtures // 69% NO to FFP

RANGERS: 35% NO to Newco // 22% wouldn't return & 3% would boycott Newco fixtures // 76% NO to FFP

ST JOHNSTONE: 96% NO to Newco // 56% wouldn't return & 32% would boycott Newco fixtures // 57% NO to FFP

ST MIRREN: 96% NO to Newco // 54% wouldn't return & 35% would boycott Newco fixtures // 59% NO to FFP

So with fans of every group voting above 90% on no to NewCo re-entering the SPL we can assume the SPL will ignore this and well vote the NewCo back in....

Saying that, Yorkston has mentioned he would have severe reservations on voting them back in - but that is probably more to do with the fact he probably thinks it would save Dunfermline from relegation...

I'm with Diggle......get them oot. Most fans in Scotland agree, and a huge proportion won't be back if they get back in with a new name

But, what's the deal with this SPL meeting on 30th April and their proposals for immediate rule changes?

If they change rules to accommodate a new company / football club, then that is simply a disgrace

Or, is this to set up some horse-trading in order to alter the 11-1 voting rule?

I hope the Directors of MFC are taking note of this thread

Amazing results from the poll. If the results are to be believed Aberdeen would lose about 2/3 of their 10,000 support. That would leave them playing in front of about 3,300 fans. We'd be playing in front of about 1,600 fans. Dramatic stuff and quite a few SL clubs, including ourselves, would be in financial freefall.

Amazing results from the poll. If the results are to be believed Aberdeen would lose about 2/3 of their 10,000 support. That would leave them playing in front of about 3,300 fans. We'd be playing in front of about 1,600 fans. Dramatic stuff and quite a few SL clubs, including ourselves, would be in financial freefall.

I'd take the results of any voluntary online poll with a hefty pinch of salt. They're always going to amplify the voice of those who feel the most strongly about something, as the people who don't have a strong opinion either way are much less likely to bother taking part.

But, what's the deal with this SPL meeting on 30th April and their proposals for immediate rule changes?

If they change rules to accommodate a new company / football club, then that is simply a disgrace

the rules already allow for a share transfer to a newco.

if they bring in the changes proposed they will only be adding a penalty to the process which doesn't exist at the minute..

I'd take the results of any voluntary online poll with a hefty pinch of salt. They're always going to amplify the voice of those who feel the most strongly about something, as the people who don't have a strong opinion either way are much less likely to bother taking part.

Thats true, but it certainly gives the SPL chairmen and board food for thought.

An SFA national league with Newco in the third division is surely not out of the question?

And it would appear we are the most sympathetic towards the Buns plight, "Buns without bus-fare" indeed :whistling:

Statistics big man, statistics. We are also more likely than most SPL fans (after Dunfermline, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd) to give up watching our club if a newco is admitted to the SPL.

I quite accept that there is a groundswell of opinion against a newco being shoed into the SPL, and I'm dead set against it myself but I'm sceptical of the results of this survey.

What could we do? I suppose the best long term approach is to join the Society to ensure our voice is heard within MFC. The Society is our golden opportunity to shape the future of the club. However that will not address the issue of the SPL.