Motherwell Vs Aberdeen, League Game

Well 4 Europe

No problem with rewarding Humphrey after a decent few showings.

It's important to keep a balance. We don't want to just play the same XI no matter how poor they play, but we don't want to be chopping and changing after every 90 minutes either.

Probably deserved to win the match although I thought it was a bit low key at times and a little like an end of season match.

We'd probably had the better of the match up until Steve Jennings got injured and had to go off for stitches and while we were down to 10 men we started to sit back and we never really got out of that mindset afterwards.

Tactically I think Aberdeen let us off the hook a wee bit, last week they played two sitting midfielders and three forward going ones (two of them Megginson and Vernon, actually forwards), this week they played two and we coped with that much better defensively for most of the match. Secondly, Fraser Fyvie makes that team tick and he wasn't there today.

Although it was a little low key in my opinion until the end when we were hanging on a bit most of the players did a decent job and Johnny Page and Adam Cummin looked comfortable but Aberdeen didn't really threaten often outside of high balls and both those guys are 6 foot plus and coped with it. The one real chance Aberdeen had Randolph saved brilliantly - looked like a save of the season contender.

Hammell took this goal great as well, fantastic hit right into the top corner. Big win today - there's a couple of big matches coming up now!

A good result for us today, although if Aberdeen had got an equaliser in the 2nd half I don't think we could have complained too much.

Humphrey for Murphy was a good move by McCall. I've said in the past that we can't change a winning team, and as some have said, Murphy has been a little off-colour recently. A good time for a change, especially with Humphrey doing well from the bench. Let's see how Murphy does trying to work his way back into the team.

Both Carswell and young Adam Cummins did well today. Cummins especially seemed pretty solid, and did a good job for someone who apparently has only played five games for the under 19's side! Is that right enough?

Regardless, both of them have given McCall some tough choices to make next week, which can only be a good thing.

Agree 100% Mark. Page and Carswell were the top two for me, but from one to eleven there were no failures. Cummins seemed to be sensible, didn't do anything to put us under unnecessary pressure, always back to Randolph or up the park if he was being closed down. Great goal from Hammell, inspirational return to the park for Jennings and Humphrey more than justified his recall.

Rarely have I been so proud of the team as I was today. Ok it wasn't pretty but the young players did brilliantly. I thought Page was the pick of them. He seemed to relish being the senior partner in the middle of the defence. Carswell looks so like Phil O'Donnell.

Thought Jennings did a great job covering in front of the defence.

Stevie's goal must be a contender for goal of the season.

I felt Dundee United beating Rangers was only a good result for us if we won today and we did.

Great afternoon.