Motherwell Vs Aberdeen, League Game

Well 4 Europe

Whoever comes in it won't be Nicky Devlin who is out with a serious long term injury.

Devlin's been back and playing with the U 19's for the last few months. Not that he'll be playing mind as I think he's a fullback. Unless we plan on moving Hateley to centre half.... Which I seriously hope McCall doesn't consider.

-----------Randolph-----------

Hately--Jennings--Page--Hammell

-------------Carswell------------

-----Humphrey---Law---Daly-----

--------Higdon---Ojamaa--------

No choice, just need to go for it and hope for the best.Get the ball wide as often as possible and the 3 attacking mids will need to track back when we give it away.Can see it being an open game that could go either way, 4-2 Well.

With Lasley out i think most people expect to see Humphrey start but i wouldn't be surprised to see McCall go for Daley instead he seems to favour him.

Looking at our recent games at Celtic we were poor only having 2 shots the whole match. At Dunfermline we were pish for the first half & against the sheep we were pish for 70 odd mins. Maybe having to bring in a few fringe players is not such a bad thing might freshen things up a bit.

I think humphrey has palyed himself into a starting position so would be surprised not to see him start on saturday.

For the cup game i had a bad feeling about it before hand but despite our personel issues for the forthcoming game I think we are going to take 3 points.

Poossibly because saturday was one of those days

1. Horrendus officiating decision

2. Dreadful defending

3. Missed penalty

4. Injury to key defensive player

5. reduced to 10 men

6. Played really badly

7. Got our tactics all wrong

..........and Aberdeen hung on for a 1 goal victory.

Surely we can't have 2 bad days like that in a row??

Higdon in defence? Fuck me :lol:

Exactly, cannae see the logic myself, just because he's big and can header the ball then he'd be ideal at centre-back?? Nearly as mental as the suggestion of just playing with Page at the back on his todd, with Hammell and Hateley at full-back

If Craggs isnt fit, then its up to McCall and Young to trust one of the boys who have been playing and training (and getting paid) all season in the hope that they can make the break in to the 1st team. I've seen the '19s this season about 7 or 8 times and the boys at cb look pretty good, if on the raw side, but you'd be hoping that the likes of Hammell, Hateley, Randolph and Jennings would be able to help talk them through this match.

Gie the boys a chance :thumbup:

• Like 1

Exactly, cannae see the logic myself, just because he's big and can header the ball then he'd be ideal at centre-back?? Nearly as mental as the suggestion of just playing with Page at the back on his todd, with Hammell and Hateley at full-back

Spot on. Being able to rhyme off a wee list with guys like Chris Sutton on it as proof Higdon can play at centre half is madness - the list of strikers who should be absolutely no near the centre of defence is a million times bigger, and I'd put Higdon in there without a doubt.

Putting someone in defence purely because they're big and can head the ball is what you do when you're playing football at lunch-time in primary school. Suggesting doing it in the SPL is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 2

Some centre forwards can make good centre halfs but I don't believe Higdon will be one of them. The big man gives away a lot of fouls when he goes for headers. This is fine when doing it in the oppositions half but its a different story doing it 20-30 yards from our goal.

If Craggs is out then its should be down to the next U19 centre half. Its all about bringing through the next one off the conveyor line not about the short term attitude of Saturdays games when we're a couple of points clear of the next team below us. Who'se to say we don't uncover the guy who could potentially replace Craggs when he hangs up his "Just for Men" :rolleyes:

Some centre forwards can make good centre halfs but I don't believe Higdon will be one of them. The big man gives away a lot of fouls when he goes for headers. This is fine when doing it in the oppositions half but its a different story doing it 20-30 yards from our goal.

Not that I'm saying Higgy should be playing centre half, but defenders get away with much more fouling than strikers. There are things that go on in the box at a corner that would be instant free kicks if they happened in the middle of the park.

There was only 1 CB left out today; Adam Cummins. The other CB mentioned, Euan Murray, played and did fairly well dspite scoreline.

Chances are Cummins will start on Sat with Murray on bench.

For info Cummins was signed from Everton in the summer. He is a composed type of CB with a fair amount of technical ability.

^^

Yeah, with two of the centre backs removed from the u19's squad from today apparently, to be saved for Saturday.

Just watched Youngy's interview on MFCTV, in which he confirms he was missing a centre back due to first team duty.