Well Players That Stay In Your Town

Coolhandluc

We lived in the new(ish) flats at Windmill court behind Glencairn tower from '95 until 02 & had umpteen Well legends(!) living in the same block round that time including Ged Brannan (who had Lee McCulloch as a constant visitor), Eliphas Shivute, Martin Wood & Dougie Ramsey, plus Mario Dorner & Franz sum coont or other that Austrian boy. Monday nights were the worst as the boys must have been off training on the tuesday & spent every Monday in the Palace on the pull so you would end up wi' steamin fitba players & their mates all pushing your buzzer at 3am after the dancin' wi' a never ending squad of wee slunkers that they'd picked up.

Ged Brannan's scouse mates came up & were absolutely oot o' their tits constantly trying to get in the wrong door driving us aw nuts.

Came back in from work one day to find mucky footprints all over our front door where some scumbag had tried to break in. turned out he'd been some junkie ersehole who had been coming back from getting his methadone at the chemist & decided to burgle our flat. luckily he didnae get in but he did manage to kick in the flat below's door which turned out to be Martin Woods & Dougie Ramsay's. they came back from training to find the guy filling a bin bag with their clothes. he seemingly turned round & asked them "what the f*ck do yooz want?" at which the two laddies about turned & done a Usain Bolt impression up to the polis station. by the time they got back the guy was away leaving his methadone prescription with his name & address lying on the floor so obviously didnae need Columbo to solve that yin.

the best by far though was Sasa Curcic. he was proper nuts & would have full blown raves in the flat, himsel, while whooping & hollering at the top of his voice, between mad hand claps & whistling like a manic sheep herder listening to mad Eurotechno at full pelt.

christ knows what he was oan but I could have done wi' a wee line masel!

Haha that's magic :laugh:

Just remembered, Alex Kennedy stayed across the road from me down Ladywell. A quite family man :blush:

Not a 'Well player, but just remembered Paul Martin (who played for Accies at the time) used to live right across the road from us in Hamilton in the late 80s. (And on a rather grimmer note, Paul McGrillen was living a few houses further down the same street when he died… I wasn't living there by then, but my dad still was.)

Served Kirky Lawson, the ex Well forward from the 70s in Larkhall today. Got me thinking about the other Well players that live in Larkie.

Joe Wark, Billy Thomson, Willie Mcvie, and my mate Barry McGrory says he played for the Well. Duisburg and Shaun Teale also resided in the orange county during their spell with Motherwell. Oh aye and Alan Sneddon!

What Well players, past or present stay in your town?

What pub wis he in the day. Usually drinks in the Central on Sundays cheers.gif

I had what seemed like the whole first team behind me in a cue at the spar on leven street the other week. I was like a fucking star struck school girl. I never said a word but let them all go in-front of me. :blush: Alot of the players stop off there on their way to fir park etc.

Who drives that big bmw with mfc number plates?. I see it about but never get a good look at who drives the thing. Iv seen it at fir park aswell like.

IIRC, McLeish lived in Chapelhall when he was Motherwell gaffer. It was the big house across the road from the Parish Church.

At least that's what I was told...

Thought he lived in Bothwell when he was in charge at Fir Park.

Also have J Page, E Murray (hope he counts seeing as he was on the bench last Sat) C McCart and T Boyd in Bothwell.

Thought he lived in Bothwell when he was in charge at Fir Park.

Also have J Page, E Murray (hope he counts seeing as he was on the bench last Sat) C McCart and T Boyd in Bothwell.

T Boyd lived in Broomhouse mostly when he played for the 'Well. Was a regular in The Ostlers (or The Mail Coach as it was then).

T Boyd lived in Broomhouse mostly when he played for the 'Well. Was a regular in The Ostlers (or The Mail Coach as it was then).

Lived in Bothwell recently (might still do). He was also a regular visitor to the Rowantree in Uddingston when at Well, in the days when George and Phyllis Tait ran the boozer.