Your Drunkest Time Watchin The Well

ankles

The home game vs Dortmund. 4pm ko I seem to remember, so that bit longer in the club to get bevvied. The game was a bit of a blur tbh :blush: . Most away days in Edinburgh used to be a right off, but I think I'm maturing with age.

Was the Dortmund game not an early kick off for German TV?

I remember being taken out of school early afternoon to go to the game.

We played Airdrie at Fir Park in '93 (just after they had signed Justin Fashanu)....three and a half bottles of tonic later - two before the game, the rest after - and I woke up under the covers on the Sunday morning (result, made it home) still fully clothed (trainers the lot) and with a Woolies bag containing Pink Floyd's The Wall CD - the exact same album that I had bought the week before. Didn't have a receipt for either copy so couldn't even take one back :wallbash:

Few occasions I have awoke up bright and early to go catch the train from stonehaven to go watch motherwell then woke up the next day wondering what on earth happened and had to check what the score was. I would have to ask WELL FAN IN ABERDEEN about this one as I havent a clue.

Since I'm generally with Mitch I could more or less copy/paste his answer. Bari watching Scotland is probably the worst I've ever been with booze, football-related or otherwise.

But the 2005 CIS Cup run of Greenock, Livingston and Leith was an absolute boozefest - vaguely remember doing a 'Kilnsmann' on some random village green after the Livi game. Having my shirt off and my jeans ripped through breaking a chair at Inverness this season is up there aswell.

To be honest, I've probably been to about fifty games at 'maximum drunkness' levels so it would be a tie for the title. Fingers crossed there'll be a few more to add to the list next season!

I seem to recall continually arguing over Paul MIlls scoring a late winner at Dunfermline with either his head or left foot. No difference I know and I can't even remember what I was claiming was correct, this would be 1980ish. Anyways, the fitba' isn't always the attraction, over the years our away support would have dwindled a lot further than it has if it wasn't for the bevvy, sometimes that's the only thing to get worked up about.

• Like 1

I once drank a bottle of jack on a train to hearts. spent the game dancing to my ipod

Correction. You spent the second half dancing to your iPod, the first half you spent asleep! laugh.gif

I reckon two particular trips to Inverness stand out for me. One where I tried to jump off a wall at Perth station on the way home and knocked myself unconscious, and another where I spent the 90 minutes in a cell doing forward rolls on a gym mat thanks to one of the coppers on duty deciding I was too drunk to get into the game. We lost 2-0 that day though and it was about £20+ to get in, so I probably get the better deal.

And as far as Scotland games go, I've got to agree with Mitch and Frazzle - Bari was a ridiculously meltit trip. I swapped my new Scotland home shirt before the game for one of the worst Italy t-shirts you've ever seen, that looked like it had been made out of glue, tin-foil, and a rubbish blue Fruit of the Loom t-shirt. Glory days. laugh.gif I also couldn't remember any of the game though which seemed completely pointless to me, hence why I've made sure I'm not that bad for games since (although obviously I'd never claim to be sober at Scotland games).

Not that I'm condoning being so wasted at the football, but there we go.

Since we've taken this away from purely watcing the 'well;

I think every Scotland fan that went to Bari was melted. I was on 2 trains, an aeroplane and a bus (for 8hours) just to get there, and left straight after the game with another big fuck-off cargo - no wonder I cant remember a thing about the game or the city!!

Other Scotland trips where I really would have been better staying at home include;

Cardiff away - Berti Vogts era, thank teh Lord I cant remember anything about this disaster

Norway away won 2-0

Dortmund - lost 2-1

As for miscellaneous others;

Chelsea v Watford a few years back, watched the 1st twenty mins of the game because it was pish and hit the 1st boozer we came to. Ended up in my bed at 10pm with my chance of a night-out in London totally fucked.

Sunderland v Arsenal a few years back, this could be the worst nick I was ever in at any game EVER. Taking customers to the game, they called off at the last minute so I took 2 of my mates and my gaffer, met at Haymarket at 8am, bevvy on the train, into Newcastle at 10am and hit the O'Neills next to the station, where my mate pulled out a bag of 'biscuits'. Melted by the time we got to the ground, we were sitting at our lunch (in our corporate box) when we made a pact to empty the mini-bar, by the end of the match!! I was that bad that, I got asked to leave for singing Motherwell songs off the balcony and was getting pelted with pies from the Sunderland fans below. We left and got a train back to Newcastle, where we got fucked out of 2 or 3 pubs and got a train and a carry-out back to edinburgh. We all split up when back at Haymarket. I fell asleep on teh train and had to get a taxi back to Bellshill fae Glasgow, one of my mates got hospitalised after getting a bleaching and my other mate got the jail for weighing in the boy who assaulted him. My gaffer managed to get home in one piece. Great day out :blink:

Bellshill Athletic days out (home and away) were also legendary when I was in my teens and early 20's. Some smashing days out in shitey villages all over central Scotland.

Night time train and early morning in Bari on the McGhees was not the best idea. Then a 1 ltr bottle of Stoli and Red Bull before the game, started up the Italian national anthem outside the game with about 500 school children signing while looking at this deranged Scot conducting the choir in drunken Italian. In the game I then nabbed a slab of Peroni and took 12 and gave the rest to the Juve Ultras I was sitting with in the Italy end. All the while, I was booing Roma players and hurling abuse at them. Was offered to go for a ruck with the Lecce/Bari Ultras with my new Juve mates which I politely declined because I would have been dragged about like an empty shellsuit. How I left Bari alive I'll never know.

251288_114436895309909_114331011987164_136255_600826_n.jpg

Aberdeen away in 2008/2009 season(I think) - 4 of us were to leave Larkhall on the 6:37am train. One slept in and didn't come along.

3 of us (Including someone sporting a lovely pair of Adi Suedes for their 1st outing) headed to Aberdeen and arrived there around 10/11am.

By 3pm, I was the only one who made it into the game (one arrested at some point on way to game for being drunk & disorderly and the other one refused entry after deciding to try climb the perimeter fence into away end, as you do when you get lost)

I lasted until 3.15 and fell asleep inside the ground for 25 minutes, successfully managing to miss nothing(by all accounts a dour game).

Woke up and then proceeded to look and love my bright Adi Suedes in a dark, cold November afternoon in Aberdeen.

Hink we got beat 2-0, nae idea though!!

Ended up in Meltin' Pot in Starka once I got back to Motherwell after somehow getting into 1st Class for an extra couple of pounds on train hame fae Aberdeen.

Scotland games are a whole different level of meltedness... France at home when Caldwell scored was immense but the cake taker was the 3-1 Ukraine match, my mate had sold me his Silver debenture seats and me and a mate from Aberdeen ended up on the Renfrew ferry early doors with a crate of bud each, left there and ended up splitting a bottle of tonic on the bus, on arrival at Hampden we went up the escalator to find our seats and juked into one of the bars in that area, ordered 4 red wines and 4 vodkas while the national anthem was being sung, we got huckled for not having the correct tickets but they allowed us to tan our drinks... Fisher could only manage 3, so I tanned the rest, half time was more of the same, sneaking into the bar and cramming as much drink before we were huckled again for being in the wrong place. Spent the 2nd half in the wrong seats telling Justin Currie of Del Amitri that I was good friends with his cousin and that Roll to me was inspirational on my breakfast choice that morning, I'd had rolls with potted meat :drinks: ended up walking from Hampden into the sports bar in Sauchiehall street and waking up at my brothers.

watching fitba sober is gash. need a wee charge before a game, it's all part of the full matchday experience :drinks:

had a right mental trips away with clouded memories of what went on but one that sticks in my mind is a trip to Aberdeen on the Dalziel Arms bus in the 90's. Stopped at a boozer in Bridge of Don & left about 50 in there all day while the bus ran around 7 of us to game.

Ahhh. Them were the days! A 150 mile trip for some Karaoke and soup.

Think it was the 1993 pre season - on the Muirhouse bus down to watch a couple of friendlies against Spennymoor and Durham.

Remember very little about the weekend, never mind the fitba.

Ahhh. Them were the days! A 150 mile trip so that you could watch the footy with a pint in your hand.

without any doubt,nancy away.hired a mini bus think it took us about 19 hours wae trying to avoid fckin toll roads.i think i drank about 5 bottles ae tonic plus beer and other things.bye the time we got there every c**t was puggled exept the driver of course.i never managed to get my bearings at all.got the jail on the thursday about 3ish,for climbing a statue.JUST got out in time to go to the game!!!!holy fuck the drive home was horrendus!!!but what a trip.

Nancy away! Don't remember much of that afternoon and we missed the walk to the stadium. Was given a baguette to eat for the tram to the stadium and was sick in it! Fell asleep in a bar round the corner before the game and only remember the major parts of the game but also having a wee greet at the end! Sang random songs at the top of my voice all the way up the main street then was quickly put to bed! Combination of that and travel sickness caused me to be sick out the window of the car (quite a few times) back to Belgium for the flight home the next morning! Still some of the best few days of my life though!