Post Split Fixtures

East_Stand_Al

Assuming the top 6 is as currently

Celtic Rangers Motherwell Dundee Utd St Johnstone Hearts

Then to balance Home and Away fixtures I reckon the fixtures should look like

Dundee U H St Johnstone A Hearts A Rangers A Celtic H , given that we haven't had a home game on the last day since Season 2008/09 then either the Celtic or Dundee United games should be the final game.

I suspect though that if we beat Killy next weekend meaning Celtic can't clinch the title at Ibrox then Celtic H will be St post split fixture in an attempt to get the League title decided so look for a Sunday 12 O Clock game on TV for that one.

What's your thoughts on this? Some very winnable games and some good away trips too cheers.gif.

Assuming the top 6 is as currently

Celtic Rangers Motherwell Dundee Utd St Johnstone Hearts

Then to balance Home and Away fixtures I reckon the fixtures should look like

Dundee U H St Johnstone A Hearts A Rangers A Celtic H , given that we haven't had a home game on the last day since Season 2008/09 then either the Celtic or Dundee United games should be the final game.

I suspect though that if we beat Killy next weekend meaning Celtic can't clinch the title at Ibrox then Celtic H will be St post split fixture in an attempt to get the League title decided so look for a Sunday 12 O Clock game on TV for that one.

What's your thoughts on this? Some very winnable games and some good away trips too cheers.gif.

Hold on, that gives us 18 home and 20 away. No thanks, balance please, Europe at stake.

Hold on, that gives us 18 home and 20 away. No thanks, balance please, Europe at stake.

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but have we not had only 18 home games for the last 2 or 3 seasons? About time we got a bit of a balance.

In the unlikely event that the SPL play fair and give us balanced fixtures where do you see or would you like the differences to be?

Won't they win it even if we beat Rangers? We win on Saturday, and they win on Sunday, they only need 1 point to win the league do they not?

if they beat rangers and we beat kilie then celtic are 21 ahead, of us,with 21 point left for grabs. So yes, after rangers game, ( as in celtic V rangers ) they would only need 1 point, regardless of what anyone else does.

We've had a few huge games this season, but Rangers at Ibrox and maybe at home to Dundee Utd (depending on whether they manage to close the gap) have the potential to be massive!

The way I see it every game is massive from here on in starting with Saturday against what will be a fired up Killie side and hopefully a big big crowd.

I expect we will get St Johnstone at home again

We were shafted last year when we finished in the 'wrong half ' of the table having finished in the bottom half the year before. This meant we travelled to Celtic for a third time.

This year St Johnstone are in the wrong half and I expect them to be shafted and therefore travel to Fir park for a third time

I expect we will get St Johnstone at home again

We were shafted last year when we finished in the 'wrong half ' of the table having finished in the bottom half the year before. This meant we travelled to Celtic for a third time.

This year St Johnstone are in the wrong half and I expect them to be shafted and therefore travel to Fir park for a third time

that's what it should be.

ideally i'd like - united (h) hearts (a) celtic (h) rangers (a) st johnstone (h)

Celtic at home on the last day of the season to take the title from them on goal difference?

Jokes aside, would rather have away days to St Johnstone and Hearts. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the post split fixtures any more so will be interesting to see what the SPL decide on.

In the unlikely event that the SPL play fair and give us balanced fixtures where do you see or would you like the differences to be?

I'm not sure to be honest. There's no way they'll shaft either of the Old Firm, so that's likely to stay as Celtic (H) and Rangers (A). I hope we don't lose the Hearts away game, as I love a wee day at Tynecastle (nice and handy for me). So that leaves the St Johnstone game.

I fully expect them to hand us 18 home games again though.

Celtic at home on the last day of the season to take the title from them on goal difference?

Jokes aside, would rather have away days to St Johnstone and Hearts. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the post split fixtures any more so will be interesting to see what the SPL decide on.

What d'you mean 'any more', there never has been. It only works if the 6 teams they predict correctly finish top 6 and that rarely happens. Their predictions are as bad as any I've seen from fans. :rolleyes:

Subject of poor and unfair/biased scheduling comes up every year in the run in to the end of the season

almost every year a couple of wee'er teams have been shafted by losing a home gate and not to forget the fans of those clubs that have been short changed on season tickets

when clubs are claiming to be on the bread line I find it incredulous that the current system is still in place.

on the record last year the SPL announced that it was when teams not expected to be top/bottom six that created the most serious imbalance

So, finishing top six two seasons in a trot we should be OK? for an even 19 game split :popcorn:

2012- Celtic,Motherwell,Rangers,ST Johnstone,Utd,Hearts :whistling:

2011- Rangers,Celtic,Hearts,Utd,Killie,Motherwell

youd think the 'computer' :pleasantry: would use Killie and St Johnstone to balance the games <_>

if they beat rangers and we beat kilie then celtic are 21 ahead, of us,with 21 point left for grabs. So yes, after rangers game, ( as in celtic V rangers ) they would only need 1 point, regardless of what anyone else does.

Guy on Pie and Bovril wrote that if Celtic and us win on Saturday then that means if Rangers beat us the next Saturday then that defeat for us confirms the League for Celtic.

So Rangers would either go 6 points behind us (if we win) or win the league for Celtic (if they win).

If that's true then, oh the irony!

Guy on Pie and Bovril wrote that if Celtic and us win on Saturday then that means if Rangers beat us the next Saturday then that defeat for us confirms the League for Celtic.

So Rangers would either go 6 points behind us (if we win) or win the league for Celtic (if they win).

If that's true then, oh the irony!

Imagine rangers* winning to give the title to shellic without them kicking a ball !! hilarious ..shellic dont play until the sunday.

Guys..

Does everybody not see a threat from St.Johnstone..

Win there spare game and only 8 points behind..

Very much so. All three clubs chasing us could potentially pip us for 3rd spot and in United's case they don't seem overly interested - they're more focused on finishing 2nd (we apparently don't come into the equation). We have to go out and keep picking up at least the same amount of points as our rivals do. In the games we play against the 3 clubs we should aim not only to beat them but really rub their noses in it - nothing can be left to chance as goal difference could be vital. If we keep on winning then we can not only celebrate but do so in style. Never mind the Cava - we can buy Champers.

Guys..

Does everybody not see a threat from St.Johnstone..

Win there spare game and only 8 points behind..

Thoughts

I think the moset serious threat is Dundee Utd. I can see the table setting up close to this for the split

Rangers 60

Motherwell 60

Dundee Utd 50

Hearts 47

St Johnstone 46

If we were to play Utd first and beat them then that would wrap up third spot, since we would be 13 ahead with only 12 points left to play for.