Post Split Fixtures

East_Stand_Al

as right now every team bar the old firm are open to getting shafted.

By the same token every team bar the old firm are also open to benefit from the split fixtures.

Look at it another way (hypothetical with fixed post split fixtures)...

At the time of the split the bottom two teams have identical record with the exception of the team in 11th who played an extra home game pre-split vs the bottom team which they (bottom team) lost (team in 11th have played 17/16, team in 12 have played 16/17). As a result they are 3 points behind. Pre organised post split fixtures will force the team in 12th to travel to the 11th club for a 3rd time and give them 18/20 overall for the season. Not very fair.

I think it's better to try and make the fixtures as equitable as possible at this stage. Often there will be some meaningless fixtures toward the end of the season and fixture can be balanced using these games where possible

Interesting

Could we get both Old Firm teams at Fir Park?

Pretty much was I was saying before. I'm almost certain thats the way it's going to go. Real possiblilty of some big crowds at home depending on where the Dundee Utd game will get scheduled.

Interesting

Could we get both Old Firm teams at Fir Park?

So looks like we will have

Celtic, Rangers and Dundee United at home

and

St Johnstone, Hearts away.

I would bite your hand off for that right now! :nod:

So looks like we will have

Celtic, Rangers and Dundee United at home

and

St Johnstone, Hearts away.

I would bite your hand off for that right now! :nod:

Form an income perspective yes, however I think I'd prefer home advantage over Dundee Utd and St Johnstone given they are the main competition for CL qualifiers place.

Form an income perspective yes, however I think I'd prefer home advantage over Dundee Utd and St Johnstone given they are the main competition for CL qualifiers place.

St Johnstone have a considerably better record away from home (30 of their 49 points). So away to them may be a blessing in disguise.

WEEK 34

TOP SIX

Saturday April 21

Hearts v Rangers – 3pm

St Johnstone v Dundee United – 12.30pm (ESPN)

Sunday April 22

Motherwell v Celtic – 2pm (Sky Sports)

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday April 21

Inverness CT v Aberdeen – 3pm

St Mirren v Dunfermline – 3pm

Sunday April 22

Hibernian v Kilmarnock – 3pm

WEEK 35

TOP SIX

Saturday April 28

Dundee United v Hearts – 12.30pm (ESPN)

Motherwell v St Johnstone – 3pm

Sunday April 29

Celtic v Rangers – 12.45pm (Sky Sports)

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday April 28

Dunfermline v Aberdeen – 3pm

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT – 3pm

Sunday April 29

St Mirren v Hibernian – 3.15pm (Sky Sports)

WEEK 36

TOP SIX

Tuesday May 1

Hearts v Motherwell – 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Wednesday May 2

Rangers v Dundee United – 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Thursday May 3

Celtic v St Johnstone – 7.45pm

BOTTOM SIX

Wednesday May 2

Aberdeen v Hibernian – 7.45pm

Inverness CT v Dunfermline – 7.45pm

Kilmarnock v St Mirren – 7.45pm

WEEK 37

TOP SIX

Saturday May 5

Rangers v Motherwell – 12.45pm (Sky Sports)

Sunday May 6

Dundee United v Celtic – 12.45pm (Sky Sports)

Hearts v St Johnstone – 3pm

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday May 5

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen – 3pm

St Mirren v Inverness CT – 3pm

Monday May 7

Hibernian v Dunfermline – 7.45pm (ESPN)

WEEK 38

TOP SIX

Sunday May 13

Celtic v Hearts – 12.30pm (Sky Sports)

Motherwell v Dundee United – 12.30pm

St Johnstone v Rangers – 12.30pm

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday May 12

Aberdeen v St Mirren – 3pm

Dunfermline v Kilmarnock – 3pm

Inverness CT v Hibernian – 3pm

Well let's just hope that Celtic do the business against Kilmarnock this weekend and clinch the title, otherwise they'll be winning it at Fir Park. On Sunday the 22nd. If Celtic lose to Kilmarnock on Saturday, that is exactly what will happen.

Well let's just hope that Celtic do the business against Kilmarnock this weekend and clinch the title, otherwise they'll be winning it at Fir Park. On Sunday the 22nd. If Celtic lose to Kilmarnock on Saturday, that is exactly what will happen.

Or McCall could put the ice cream back in the freezer for them for another week. That would really piss the Celtic support off!

Or McCall could put the ice cream back in the freezer for them for another week. That would really piss the Celtic support off!

I'll crack the jokes, this current crop couldn't get a result against the 'Old Firm' if their lives depended on it.

Anyway I want to avoid the whole scenario or potential scenario of THEM being able to win the league at Fir Park and having thousands of them in the home stands celebrating at our ground. Games against Celtic are bad enough but this would ensure a poisonous atmosphere and while 22/05/05 turned out brilliantly, I never want that prospect of them coming to Fir Park and winning the league again.

Let's hope Kilmarnock don't pull off another shock against them on Saturday otherwise this nightmare scenario will become reality.

I'll crack the jokes, this current crop couldn't get a result against the 'Old Firm' if their lives depended on it.

Really glad you don't give the team talks. Think this current crop of players was almost exactly that which downed Celtic last season, bar one or two changes here and there. At the weekend only an inspired keeper and one slip at the end cost us.

• Like 1

We can have no complaints with that bag. United have had their game with Saints flipped to be at Perth instead of Tannadice and Saints have 18 home and 20 away as well as losing their home game to us but losing their home game with us is cancelled out by getting one with United.

Anyway I want to avoid the whole scenario or potential scenario of THEM being able to win the league at Fir Park and having thousands of them in the home stands celebrating at our ground. Games against Celtic are bad enough but this would ensure a poisonous atmosphere and while 22/05/05 turned out brilliantly, I never want that prospect of them coming to Fir Park and winning the league again.

Let's hope Kilmarnock don't pull off another shock against them on Saturday otherwise this nightmare scenario will become reality.

Remember the last time they had the chance of winning the title at fir park one of my the best days of my life skippy sunday!!!