Post Split Fixtures

East_Stand_Al

Due to not being in top six last season?

Thats correct, yes.

My preferred scenario would be:

Celtic (H) - due

Dundee United (H) - due

Rangers (A) due

St Johnstone (A) due

Hearts (H) - not due.

I would not be at all confident of facing Hearts or United away.

Trying to work this through...

Celtic - due 3 home ties - only due Rangers and Hearts at home.

Rangers - due 2 home ties - due us, Dundee U and St. J at home

Us - due 3 home ties - only due Celtic and Dundee U at home

D Utd - due 2 home tie - due Celtic, St. J and Hearts at home

St. J - due 3 home ties - only due Us and Celtic at home

Hearts - due 3 home ties - due Rangers, Us and St. J at home

I would assume they'll give Hearts and Utd the perfect fixtures.

I think then St. Johnstone will go to Celtic park again and they'll balance that with Rangers visiting McDiarmid for a third time. That means Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Dundee Utd have 19/19 fixtures.

I would hope then given we've had an 18/20 before and St Johnstone have had a 20/18 that they'll then make St. Johnstone visit us again. That means they'll have an 18/20 and we'll have 20/18.

Would give us:

Celtic (H)

Rangers (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

St. Johnstone (H)

Hearts (A)

Yes, something has to give. In principle it'll be St Johnstone who will lose out if any team does.

I think this is reasonable given past precidence and given they've benefited in the past.

Thats correct, yes.

My preferred scenario would be:

Celtic (H) - due

Dundee United (H) - due

Rangers (A) due

St Johnstone (A) due

Hearts (H) - not due.

I would not be at all confident of facing Hearts or United away.

I don't see how this senario can be balanced.

Trying to work this through...

Celtic - due 3 home ties - only due Rangers and Hearts at home.

Rangers - due 2 home ties - due us, Dundee U and St. J at home

Us - due 3 home ties - only due Celtic and Dundee U at home

D Utd - due 2 home tie - due Celtic, St. J and Hearts at home

St. J - due 3 home ties - only due Us and Celtic at home

Hearts - due 3 home ties - due Rangers, Us and St. J at home

Mistake here... Should be St. Johnstone due 2 home ties.

So the obvious fix is:

Rangers come back to Fir Park and Dundee Utd go to Celtic park.

Everyone has 19/19 fixtures. Giving us.

Celtic (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Rangers (H)

Hearts (A)

St Johnstone (A)

Difficult ties but a better chance of taking a draw from the OF.

Ideally I would have wanted them away so we could just write them off and concentrate on beating our peers at home.

We've learned in the past that it's never easy in the top six. You're obviously playing the the form teams.

We should fancy taking somthing from the away ties though. Perth's been reasonable happy hunting grounds and the Jambos are hit or miss at the moment.

Besides we have an identical home and away record this season anyway.

St. J are due 3 home games

:wallbash:

There will be a uneven split after all.

I think it will still work out the same way. (Rangers come back to Fir Park and Dundee Utd go to Celtic park.)

This leaves St. Johnstone -1 home game. It really should be Celtic that miss out on the home game as they'll have nothing to play for but the SPL won't have the baws for that.

Either way it shouldn't change our fixtures from:

Celtic (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Rangers (H)

Hearts (A)

St Johnstone (A)

Dundee Utd go to either Celic or St. Johnstone

Seems like the aim is to get even number of games home and away but it never quite works for all the teams. May not be a popular view but I think that they should just take the top 6 teams and make the schedule such that the end result is you played the top 6 teams equal number of times home and away so that would make our post split look like this.

Celtic H

Dundee Utd H

Rangers A

St Johnstone A

Hearts A

They should publish the split fixtures at the start of the season when we don't even know who's in what position.

Week1, Team 1 vs Team 3, Team 2 vs Team 4 etc etc.

In fact the fixtures and running order could be the same every year. The team losing the extra home fixture could always be 'team 6'

Then any accusations of stitch up are unfounded. Everybody knows where they would stand and what finishing the pre split fixtures in a given position would mean.

Either way it shouldn't change our fixtures from:

Celtic (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Rangers (H)

Hearts (A)

St Johnstone (A)

That will not happen. Teams expected to finish in the top 6, ie us, are guaranteed one home post split fixture against the OF.

That will not happen. Teams expected to finish in the top 6, ie us, are guaranteed one home post split fixture against the OF.

I don't think that's correct. Wasn't that part the cause of the club's grievance two seasons ago when we had to go to both Parkhead and Ibrox in the run in? And also partly why people remember the club have been unhappy with post-split fixtures.

That season we had just two home fixtures after the split both of which if I remember rightly were scheduled at daft times with potential for hitting gate receipts further, the Utd being something like 4pm on a Sunday afternoon and the Hibs games scheduled to be on a Thursday night on election night - although I'm that subsequently got moved on police advice.

This has to be the most manipulated set of fixtures on the planet, all geared round making it as problem free for the Flag to fly at the Piggery/Bronx as possible. very much doubt we'll get anything in our favour. Saints and us are the diddy teams in this and will suffer accordingly when the fixtures are published.

I don't think that's correct. Wasn't that part the cause of the club's grievance two seasons ago when we had to go to both Parkhead and Ibrox in the run in? And also partly why people remember the club have been unhappy with post-split fixtures.

That season we had just two home fixtures after the split both of which if I remember rightly were scheduled at daft times with potential for hitting gate receipts further, the Utd being something like 4pm on a Sunday afternoon and the Hibs games scheduled to be on a Thursday night on election night - although I'm that subsequently got moved on police advice.

The previous season 2008-09 we finished in the botton half and so were not expected to finish in the top half 2 years ago. Therefore there were no "guarantees".

Noted Dave. I wasn't aware there were any guarantees afforded to those who were top six finishers the previous season.

The only guarantee I've never known there was, was that the first fixture to be scheduled was the last Old Firm game and everything else built around that.

The only guarantee I've never known there was, was that the first fixture to be scheduled was the last Old Firm game and everything else built around that.

Don't think thats a guarantee either and it certainly won't happen this season. It would potentially mean an Old Firm title decider.

You miss understand me Roly. I don't mean the Old Firm game being included within the 1st set of post-split fixtues,

I mean its the very first post-split game the SPL will look to schedule - its placement at a point where it'll potentially cause the least amount of hassle - and every other fixture then has to be built around that.

Think the only way for this to happen is to make Dundee Utd go to St Johnstone again. All other fixtures remain the same.

We would have 18/20 and Rangers would have 20/18.

I think this is unlikely. The SPL will try to balance Old Firm fixtures first. It's also generally the club that don't belong in that half of the table that suffer (St. Johnstone in this case).

Celtic (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Rangers (A)

Hearts (A)

St Johnstone (A)

They should publish the split fixtures at the start of the season when we don't even know who's in what position.

Week1, Team 1 vs Team 3, Team 2 vs Team 4 etc etc.

In fact the fixtures and running order could be the same every year. The team losing the extra home fixture could always be 'team 6'

Then any accusations of stitch up are unfounded. Everybody knows where they would stand and what finishing the pre split fixtures in a given position would mean.

That would shift attention to pre-split fixutres.

It would never be work as it means Rangers or Celtic may have to visit the othe 3 times. Imagine Rangers visit Celtic twice pre split and miss out on first post split because of defeat in the extra game at Celtic... They would then be forced to play at Celtic again.

That would shift attention to pre-split fixutres.

It would never be work as it means Rangers or Celtic may have to visit the othe 3 times. Imagine Rangers visit Celtic twice pre split and miss out on first post split because of defeat in the extra game at Celtic... They would then be forced to play at Celtic again.

thats exactly why every football fan outwith the old firm should back something like it

as right now every team bar the old firm are open to getting shafted.

just for reference , here's the link to last seasons thread on the same subject.

(interesting note made in it by tweed that we only had 8 Sat 3pm ko at Fir Park last season)

would love to see the thread from the year before when we got royally screwed, last years was quite tame as everyone was distracted by the Scottish cup