'rebel 10' Have Requested A Meeting Of The Spl On April 12Th

Ocelot Groomin'

The big question will be are the 10 clubs on the same wave length. We have three Chairmen speaking out against the Old Firm - but none of them have dared put their name forward! Meanwhile Celtic only have themselves to worry about and in the end, only need to sweeten one of the other clubs up enough for them to abstain on something.

Something that if you go by history is rather easy to do!

Maybe its time for non OF fans to support their Chairmen and threaten to unsubscribe from Sky if the big boys try to ride roughshod over us. Its not only up to club Chairmen - we the fans have a role to play here as well.

A nice idea, but I doubt the non Old-Firm fans will account for that many subscribers. I doubt that even Old Firm fans count for that many either.

Most football fans who subscribe to the Sports channels do so for the EPL, and to a lesser degree La Liga.

The 10 rebel teams have much less to loose than the OF if the SKY TV deal goes away. We also have a lot less to loose if Celtic go away. The selfish B's would be off in a heartbeat anyway if england would take them so I for one don't care if they are part of the league or not. The media just perpetuate the myth that Scottish football needs the old firm. That is just not true. Scottiish football might possibly become more enjoyable, entertaining, interesting and unpredictable with the absence of an old firm duo.

Seems fair that the voting system should revert to something like 75% rather than 11 to 1

More even distribution of revenue should help enable competition leading to more interesting and perhaps more closely contested championships.

The object is to improve the SPL "product" as a whole. I'm afraid the OF only want to promote the well being of themselves. All the teams participate in the SPL so the money received by the SPL should be shared evenly. The OF have larger stadiums and will obviously make more money that way than the rest of us but apparently that's just nto enough for them they want a bigger share of everything.

Viva the revolution!!!

I see that Lawwell is commenting on this; the rebel 10 are "disrespectful". What a fecking hypocrite!!

Were the diddy 10 invited to the secret meeting with Phil Gartside when they were prostituing themselves to the EPL? Or when they were going on about wonderful an Atlantic League would be? Where was our consultation in these circumstances? So what goes around comes around.

Given that the Old Firm get the vast majority of TV rights & the vast majority of glory-hunting supporters from provincial towns, they peddle their "culture and past" to maximise financial resources.

And then they complain about the lack of competition in the Scottish League whilst lifting up their skirt to any passer by like a drunk desparate prostitute.

So forgive me if I don't feel the least bit sorry for them for not being asked to pull up a chair.

Let's hope the rebel 10 hold their nerve.

• Like 1

Indded Muzz! let's hope they hold their nerve. The fans need to get right behind them and let them know that we are in full support of getting the OF sorted out. and it's not so much a case of getting at them as it isog making the SPL a better league.......just so happens that to make it a better league tone of the first major items is to sort out the OF!!

There really is no reason why the rebel 10 should loose their nerve. Hopefully they have finally learned that there is no need for them to pander to the OF because when it comes down to it who gives a flyin Fk if they are in the league or not!!!! the consequences of them not being a part of it are minimal at most. Lets organize this league by democratic means not by dictatorship.

Ou est le Guillotine ?

Why would you invite someone to a group discussion when that person has no interest in being part of that group? So their big plan is to change the SPL to the way they want it then bugger off to England & leave us with their league set up. Is this guy really surprised that they weren't invited?

A nice idea, but I doubt the non Old-Firm fans will account for that many subscribers. I doubt that even Old Firm fans count for that many either.

Most football fans who subscribe to the Sports channels do so for the EPL, and to a lesser degree La Liga.

Possibly true, but I think many of our fans would be ready and willing to forego EPL games in order to back our chairmen if they stood up to the OF. In such a situation I'd hope we'd boycott pubs & clubs who dared to show Sky games too. From past comments on these Boards, few have any love for Sky and it wouldn't take much for them to cancel subscriptions. Odd KO times have alienated many of us. The first step is for the chairmen to take a rock solid stance and the fans will follow.

I'd get rid of the SPL to be honest, or at least rejoin the SFL en masse and leave the big jobies in an SPL of 2, bet they widnae be long in getting sick of the Old Firm biggest game in the world after a couple of months.

This.

We all know there are too many ruling bodies in Scottish Football. Disband the SPL and merge the SFA and SFL.

One ruling body running things for the good of the game not for the benefit of a couple of very large parasites.

I support the rebel ten.

I find it astonishing that Celtic have come out to say the " rebel 10 " are being disrespecful. The fact they have prostututed themselves for years to the EPL, Atlantic league and any other form of league that is not the SPL, with no care for anybody else, seems to be completely forgotten.

They have, for years, abused every other club in Scotland for their own gain. they have no interest in improving the competion in Scotland, which would ultimatley benefit everyone, but continaully complain on the lack of competetion and highlight this as the reason they cannot attrack big names and fail in Europe.

I really hope the rebel 10 hold their nerve and refuse to be bullied by the parasites who have played the major part in destroying the credibility of our football.

I have said it for years but I would love a league without the OF. The money may be less in the very short term, but competition would soon sort that and, providing the gate prices were addressed, the crowsds of the diddy teams would soon return when there was actually a chance of success.

I agree with a great deal that's been said in this discussion. We are not the rebels here. This is the majority of the SPL clubs, not the minority, and I sincerely hope that they have the balls to at last stand up to these two parasites, who are only their to look after their own interests and nobody else's. I also agree that if they want to go to any other other league, we should hold the door open for them. Our league would then become more competative with teams of similar budgets and in the longer term crowds would likely increase.

find it astonishing that Celtic have come out to say the " rebel 10 " are being disrespecful. The fact they have prostututed themselves for years to the EPL, Atlantic league and any other form of league that is not the SPL, with no care for anybody else, seems to be completely forgotten.

Don't worry - the media will remind them... oh wait... <_>

I had a look at some of the Celtic forums for a laugh and you don't half see some utter nonsense... one of my favourites was the statement that they go along with the 75% rule for passing any changes but the number of votes each team gets depends on the number of season ticket holders!

A team originally set up as a charitable organisation by a priest (which they're quick to remind us about) are now saying "there's more of us than there is of yous so shut up and do what you're told".

Have to admit, I am absolutely loving this. It's about time the diddy teams stood together to lessen the stranglehold the Old Firm maintain on Scottish football. It's just a shame that it's taken this long and the current situation for everyone to start working together.

• Like 1

A very easy solution to Celtics threat of only doing the bare minimum in terms of working with sky is to vote through the changes and then vote through an amendment to the bare minimum in regards to the sky deal covering whatever celtic are refusing to do with heavy fines for any club deemed acting as obstructive to the benefit of scottish football.

Problem solved, celtic (&rangers) put in their place :thumbup:

Celtic wanting to jump back into bed with Rangers to vote against change and reform is exactly what you'd expect from the arrogant , self-indulgent rats that they are , after going on record saying they could live without them .

Take away Rangers right to vote until they have a ' fit and proper ' owner in place , because if Duff and Phelps are allowed to vote on their behalf , they will only go for whichever option offers most financial benefit to them , regardless of any other options which are proposed for the betterment of Scottish football as a whole .

Taking the power of veto away from the old firm is the only way our game will ever begin to build again and prosper in the long term . The chairmen of the other clubs have taken this stand , and they MUST see it through . No buckling under pressure and idle threats from Lawell et all when they come face to face at the next meeting . It's all fine and well giving anonymous interviews to the press , but they must look these arseholes in the eye and tell them enoughs enough , we may all be smaller than them , but in the SPL as a business , everyone should be equal . No matter their income or fanbase , every member club is one twelfth of that business , no more , no less , and they must be made to realise that .

Alternatively they could just tell them both to f*ck off , and gie us all peace .

• Like 1

Our very own captain calls into question the meeting to change the voting structure. As he put it, the other ten were happy to vote it in originally.

Hmmm bit of a silly quote IMO.

The same could be said for any change to rules/structure etc.

Times change and things need to be updated accordingly.