'rebel 10' Have Requested A Meeting Of The Spl On April 12Th

Ocelot Groomin'

I actually agree somewhat with Kenny Shiels on this (and no, I'm not high). I read him in The Herald yesterday saying that he felt we needed an independent body to assess these things in regard to what was best for football overall in this country.

His point was that what was of benefit to the chairman of Kilmarnock was not necessarily beneficial to the Scottish game and each team is likely just going to vote to meet their own needs.

He also said in an interview that he feels we have a "terrific product" and don't need fix what isn't broken.

To be honest, even though I don't agree with that point, I have no problem with managers talking up our game. Hype did wonders for the EPL to extent many people actually believe it's The Best League in the World (copyright Sky 2012).

• Like 1

Heres mine.

Rangers have screwed over everyone by virtue of paying for their players with your yes your money and taxes and definitely your season ticket money.

They now hope to persuade our executives that we need them.

They now seek to persuade you we need them.

They came to our ground and invaded it and persuaded the SFA (as then) it was just a little problem.

Tell you what our directors. We are bigger than this let them go to division 3.

If not I walk from this club.

Believe me it will cost you more than letting the cheating gets back in.

WE DONT NEED CHEATS.

Goodbye

• Like 1

Rangers have screwed over everyone by virtue of paying for their players with your yes your money and taxes and definitely your season ticket money.

None of that has been proved yet.

They came to our ground and invaded it and persuaded the SFA (as then) it was just a little problem.

You need to get over that one. It has nothing to do with their current financial plight.

Tell you what our directors. We are bigger than this let them go to division 3.

You don't get relegated to Division 3 just because you enter adminstration.

If not I walk from this club.

The only person that suffers if you do that is yourself.

I'm all for punishing them for their offences to the fullest possible extent, but I want to wait until those offences have been proven so we know what we are dealing with.

Taken from the BBC website today;

Rangers are to join forces with Celtic in blocking any move to change the current voting structure in the Scottish Premier League.

BBC Scotland has learned that administrator Duff & Phelps will, along with Celtic, vote against changes proposed by the other 10 clubs.

Celtic had already expressed their opposition to a proposed change to the voting system.

The 10 want the 11-1 majority required for major changes reduced to 9-3.

Now Rangers' administrator will also refuse to back a change as it views it as being detrimental to the club's creditors - and to any potential buyers of the club.

The 12 SPL clubs are to meet to discuss the proposal on 12 April, with the 10 clubs unhappy that the Glasgow's Old Firm duo effectively hold a veto should they vote together.

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston on Saturday told BBC Scotland that the 10 other clubs hoped to persuade Rangers to vote for change.

He suggested that Rangers' administrator might require the support of the other 10 clubs in the future as it sought to resolve the club's financial problems.

Johnston thought that the administrator might wish to take a broader "public interest" stance as it attempted to gain support from the public, other clubs and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs as the club's battle against a major tax bill progresses through the courts.

What happens now? Do the other ten clubs simple bow their heads and walk away?

This is evidence that a stronger tactic is needed. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but something has to be done.

Rangers joining with Celtic to block any change put forward because according to their administrators a fairer voting system would make them a less appealing buy to interested parties. Says it all about the voting system really that as it stands makes Rangers a more appealing buy. Any questions about why the rebel 10 want change is answered on that one sentence. Time for 10 resignations from the SPL start a new division 1, division 2 etc & leave the 2 fuckers in the SPL themselves & then see what they think about Scottish football's willingness to put up with anymore of their shite.

• Like 1

About time the two cheeks admitted the obvious and give in to become Glasgow United. That would be the Rangers problem solved, sectarianism solved and they might have a chance of doing okay. Of course, they'd miss the hatred and bile but they could always direct their ire at Partick Thistle and their speccy student fans on derby day. Plus wee Chic and Fat Traynor could stop pretending to supports the Saints and Airdrie

• Like 2

Mire should done between the 10 in the current set to undermine them and rile the two and thier fans.

Simple things like away season tickets strictly between the ten, monthly meetings between the ten clubs build up a dialogue and working structure on how to maximise our say get everyone singing from the same sheet as such they two are clearly at it. We all need more of this.

• Like 1

Don't even know why they are discussing this. Nothing will ever change. Ever.

Even if the Rankers do go under, all that'd happen is they'd be given straight run back into the SPL on the same old voting structure, and no one outwith them have the balls to stand up and say what needs to be said.

Say what you like about the OF, but at least they aren't shy about telling the world what they want.

Kilmarnock offering 3 stands to Celtic for the upcoming league game tells you all you need to know about the rebel 10 mentality.

Think it is more to do with trying to ensure the safety of the Kilmarnock fans, given that they wont sell out their own tickets and will no doubt be infiltrated with hundred of smelly fuckers.

Another thing worthy of note is that, Michael Johnston seems to be the most vocal (along with Yorkston and Thompson) of all Club Chairman in his stance on the current voting structure, given his 'arab spring' quote.

Think it is more to do with trying to ensure the safety of the Kilmarnock fans, given that they wont sell out their own tickets and will no doubt be infiltrated with hundred of smelly fuckers.

Another thing worthy of note is that, Michael Johnston seems to be the most vocal (along with Yorkston and Thompson) of all Club Chairman in his stance on the current voting structure, given his 'arab spring' quote.

Yeah I appreciate why Killie are doing it. Also admire them for canvassing opinion of their supporters before going ahead with the idea.

Just find it a rather depressing state of affairs with the lenghts that provincial clubs go to, to accommodate the dominant duo.

• Like 1

Thing that gets on my tits is the old firm's attitude that if we dont do what they want ,we wont get a Sky deal if they play up.all the while if somehow they got a chance to go to an English League, they would piss off and leave us without one anyway Time to nail these two to the fuckin wall. Rangers are in admin , are up on seven charges at the sfa and are still telling us how to run our club. Grow a set MFC ffs.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The only way this can change is if Rangers are liquidated, at which point a newco would have to apply for a share transfer from the old Rangers. Four clubs have representatives on the board, ourselves, United, St Johnstone and Celtic. Now we all know that, despite the claims that they can survive without Rangers, head soap dodger will vote yes and the 2 SPL representatives will likely follow suit. Now the question is will Derek Weir and the other 2 chairmen have the balls to vote no and take 3 lean years without Rangers in order to finally change our game. If they do then by the time gers get back to the SPL a 9 to 3 majority would be in place. I hope the men in the position of power realise that maybe taking 1 step back to take 2 forward is what we really need. Rangers' financial problems could be the best thing that's happened to Scottish football for years. I understand that legally they may have to accept, but if there is any doubt then they should vote no!