Old Firm Fans In The Main Stand...

David

My concern with giving them both sides of the POD & Killie giving Celtic 3 stands at their game shows a very clear indicator that when it comes down to it the rebel 10 will take the cash drop their pants & let the OF rodger them yet again.

I'm afraid that's it in a nutshell. Provincial clubs need the 'Old Firm' money and that is why we need the 'Old Firm' in Scottish Football to survive. Take away the income that their travelling support generates and clubs like our's take a serious financial hit, one which we cannot afford. I don't like seeing Rangers or Celtic fans getting such a big allocation either but the reality is that financially we need it and the club are well aware of this and to be honest would probably allocate them the entire ground if they could get away with it because we can never sell out the home ends.

Age old problem to which there is no real answer, one stand of Well fans are going to be upset at whatever decision is taken. I had a Main Stand season ticket as a kid and can remember Old Firm games being a nightmare with them sitting around and behind us. And they're not your typical Main Stand punter from any other club, i.e. fairly reserved compared to other fans elsewhere. The traditional method is use the Main Stand wings, the Cooper decision brought about vehement protest, so would the East so I'm afraid to say it looks like the status quo is most likely to remain.

100% agree. For whatever reason the POD Stand issue seems the least contentious and the club is right to come to this imperfect but best fit solution. OF fans in the Cooper and East Stands would cause anger, rsentment and unrest in all 3 home stands. However OF fans in the POD Stand causes little resentment in the East & Cooper Stands. Best solution for the club if not for us POD patrons.

I'm afraid that's it in a nutshell. Provincial clubs need the 'Old Firm' money and that is why we need the 'Old Firm' in Scottish Football to survive. Take away the income that their travelling support generates and clubs like our's take a serious financial hit, one which we cannot afford. I don't like seeing Rangers or Celtic fans getting such a big allocation either but the reality is that financially we need it and the club are well aware of this and to be honest would probably allocate them the entire ground if they could get away with it because we can never sell out the home ends.

Not sure its so much that we 'need' the extra money, but we would be silly to turn it down, certainly in the short term until we see how the whole Rangers debacle plays out.

I remember the all terraced days when you would only get a few hundred M'Well fans turning out for OF games cause they effectively had the whole ground and you had to run the gauntlet to get into the Well section. Things are a vast improvment from then.

Much rather see a packed East and Cooper than all the empty spaces you normally get. Hopefully give our support the platform to get right behind the team.

Could always move the POD season ticket holders into either Davie Cooper or East Stand, then charge Rangers fans £50 per ticket to sit in the POD and give each POD season ticket holder a reimbursement of £10-£20 due to inconvenience!!! Argument being that view is better in the POD than any other stand so we could get away with charging them more!!!:whistling:

I don't think the club are happy about having more away fans than home fans at games against Celtic or Rangers, it's more a case of needs must. The sad reality is that Motherwell fans cannot even come close to selling out two full stands never mind three whereas the two Glasgow clubs can easily fill out their sections when they visit so it makes sense from a financial point of view to give them as big an allocation as possible.

How do other clubs in other countries manage it. There are clubs with average attendance of less than 2000 in like Portugal but they don't give half their stadium to rival clubs. We already have one of the largest designated full time away ends in Scotland (percentage wise probably Britain if not Europe)

Why don't we just them the POD, Davie and East. All us diddies can the fit into the South stand. Or we can remove these games from our ST and give the whole stadium to either Rangers or Celtic.

What to do with Rangers fans. Well here is a novel idea .. Give them the away end. Only in Scotland are teams happy to be outnumbered by away fans at home.

True and its a absolute joke . For a meaningless game we should maybe take advantage of this but for a game like today's they should only get the south stand.

Once again a important home game will turn into an away game giving rangers a advantage from the start. Have some pride ffs.

Maybe some of you natives dont see the big deal with this.Like it or not it makes our club look a fucking joke.

How do other clubs in other countries manage it. There are clubs with average attendance of less than 2000 in like Portugal but they don't give half their stadium to rival clubs. We already have one of the largest designated full time away ends in Scotland (percentage wise probably Britain if not Europe)

Why don't we just them the POD, Davie and East. All us diddies can the fit into the South stand. Or we can remove these games from our ST and give the whole stadium to either Rangers or Celtic.

Is there any other country in the world where there are two clubs who are so much bigger than the rest of the clubs in the country though? The club know that this is a money to be made from games against them and that's why they give them such an allocation. Other clubs like Kilmarnock, St.Johnstone & Dundee Utd do the same thing and the home support ends up outnumbered there as well.

The Motherwell support today was pathetic. You could have counted them in the POD with a hook hand. Cooper looked about normal but the East stand was half empty, worse than it usually is for run of the mill matches.

I know its Easter, its on telly and it was an early kick off but this was a big game.

The Motherwell support today was pathetic. You could have counted them in the POD with a hook hand. Cooper looked about normal but the East stand was half empty, worse than it usually is for run of the mill matches.

I know its Easter, its on telly and it was an early kick off but this was a big game.

And some of our fans seem to hate Celtic 100x more than rangers... Blue sympathisers?

Hate them both equally, wankers!

• Like 2

Maybe it's time the club looked at the reasons the home crowd always drops when either of the old firm visit, and address them

• Like 1

Maybe it's time the club looked at the reasons the home crowd always drops when either of the old firm visit, and address them

10 years of bad results, anti social behaviour from their fans on their way to and from the ground, listening to their bile (sectarian songs heaving out from the South again today), having to sit in amongst them (on occasion) in our home end and *just* outnumbering them to the point it almost feels like a match at a neutral/away venue. Add to that the match is £25 usually on a Saturday or Sunday lunchtime AND live on the TV.

Some the Club can deal with, others are a bit of a nightmare and very hard to get a handle on.

Missed the announcement for the attendance. 55/45 split in favour of home fans?

And some of our fans seem to hate Celtic 100x more than rangers... Blue sympathisers?

Hate them both equally, wankers!

How does hating Celtic more than Rangers make someone a 'blue sympathiser'? Is it not possible that for one reason or another that some Motherwell fans hate Celtic more than Rangers (or the other way around) due to differing personal experiences with either club?

How does hating Celtic more than Rangers make someone a 'blue sympathiser'? Is it not possible that for one reason or another that some Motherwell fans hate Celtic more than Rangers (or the other way around) due to differing personal experiences with either club?

Folk in the middle of the east certainly weren't 'blue sypmathisers'. :evilgrin: Whittaker and aluko were getting plenty.

What was going on with the north end of the pod?Was it empty because it was supposed to be for Rangers fans or was it just a shocking turnout?

A poor turnout from our fans today despite this being a huge game.

Rangers fans in the SW corner treated us to chorus after chorus of sectarian bile. Again they stood up en masse at times completely obscuring our view of parts of the pitch. Little or no segregation.

Do the Club not realise the negative impact this has on its own core support ? Is the extra revenue really worth the disenchantment of its own fans ? Many already stay away from Old Firm games as it is.

They gave up bothering about the negative impact when they gave the Cooper away. You just have to look at the home support today, one of our lowest of the season when a win would have taken us joint second.

• Like 1

Do the Club not realise the negative impact this has on its own core support ? Is the extra revenue really worth the disenchantment of its own fans ? Many already stay away from Old Firm games as it is.

I suppose this is what also concerns me about the future. If we really need the extra revenue that much can we, the fans when clearly not enough of us attend the games, sink an additional £1.25m into the Club to secure its future.

I hope that when the announcement is made tomorrow we have made quite a bit more than £250,000.

Our fans should always be the main priority. Just a shame that we are so reliant on the money we get through the OF.

I can remember when there was less than a dozen of us on the terraces, surrounded by over 25,000 bigots ........ then the fence went up and things got slightly better, our numbers topped the 100 mark, (who can forget being 2-0 up in the mid 70's, only for several thousand maniacs in royal blue to invade the pitch, and when the game was restared we conceeded 5 !!! )

I can recall being told to leave the ground, with 20 others, by OB when Ian Clinging and Pettigrew spoiled their title winning party.

Its 2012 FFS, surely embracing the support of one fan for life is better than selling one's soul to several hundred WATP merchants for one afternoon !!!!!!

I remember back in the day when marauding Rangers fans ran amok through the shopping centre, smashing shop windows and generally terrorising the town. Having said that' times have changed and it's disappointing that we can't get a decent home support when we are in third place and playing the team in second place.

Reduce the prices or let the kids in for a fiver, do something to get bums on seats and fill the place.

• Like 1

Kids can already get in free under the wellevate scheme.

1200 on a Saturday and live on TV with a £25 a head entry price doesn't help. Some will also be put off by what must be the worst (or very close to it) run against them in our history.