Hibs V Motherwell. Discussion

postiejim

I see killie got back to type yesterday with another bad defeat ,I cant help but notice that our team with Clancy has won more games and conceded less goals than your team .Maybe the guy isn't as bad player as Killie fans make out .

Aye, but their team without Clancy, has won more trophies than us with him.

I see killie got back to type yesterday with another bad defeat ,I cant help but notice that our team with Clancy has won more games and conceded less goals than your team .Maybe the guy isn't as bad player as Killie fans make out .

Maybe, but we was fucking pish yesterday and been nothing short of average any other time ive seen him play. And it was never a push on him for their 2nd,just shocking misjudgement on Clancy`s part,if that had been the other way + given,we`d have been calling for the Ref to be crucified. Surely if we have no Hammy we play Jordan Halsman then? or is it not correct to play a left back at left back?

Maybe, but we was fucking pish yesterday and been nothing short of average any other time ive seen him play. And it was never a push on him for their 2nd,just shocking misjudgement on Clancy`s part,if that had been the other way + given,we`d have been calling for the Ref to be crucified. Surely if we have no Hammy we play Jordan Halsman then? or is it not correct to play a left back at left back?

You must be blind if you never saw a push...not saying he defended it well at all, just that Aluko definitely nudged him in the back....which WAS a free kick.....

Frustrates the life out of me but does recover from dips in form, even during the course of a game. No option but to play him next week with Jennings missing.

i thought he struggled in centre mid in the 4-3 game, he had no idea what to do against big osbourne in the first half. i'd have carswell in with las for bit more dig.

there's no chance of him being dropped though. in the 2nd half yesterday he was only running when we had the ball but he still lasted almost the full 90. mccall clearly has his favourites and law is his blue eyed boy.

All about opinions.

Mine is that he's shite

Until yesterday the jury was decidedly out for me on Clancy, but after his disastrous display against Rangers the verdict is returned and is in completely in agreement with your assessment of him. He is awful.

Until yesterday the jury was decidedly out for me on Clancy, but after his disastrous display against Rangers the verdict is returned and is in completely in agreement with your assessment of him. He is awful.

So you weren't sure about him, but one bad game means he's mince?

So you weren't sure about him, but one bad game means he's mince?

I've had serious doubts about him for a while, but yesterday was the last straw for me. His indiscipline when he needlessly clashed with Whittaker was ridiculous and his (non) contribution to their winning goal did him no favours whatsoever. His 'discipline' has already cost us this season when he was red carded against Celtic back in November and his positional sense on the whole, for a centre half, is dreadful, in my opinion.

I've had serious doubts about him for a while, but yesterday was the last straw for me. His indiscipline when he needlessly clashed with Whittaker was ridiculous and his (non) contribution to their winning goal did him no favours whatsoever. His 'discipline' has already cost us this season when he was red carded against Celtic back in November and his positional sense on the whole, for a centre half, is dreadful, in my opinion.

The defending for the winning goal was poor all round, you can't just lump the blame at Clancy's door. Jennings originally misjudges the ball and should have dealt with it better. Clancy seemed caught in two minds about whether to attack the ball or not (probably because if the ball's filcked on he'll be caught out) as it was he got caught in no man's land and you could see him realise this and begin to furiously back peddle when he realised he'd misjudged it. Hutchinson then gets beaten to the ball far too easily and was caught flat flooted. He failed to anticpate it and allowed McCulloch to nip in and score.

It was an all round farce, with poor defending and seemingly a lack of communication all round. Some poor play from Jennings, Clancy and Hutchinson switching off has cost us. Your being excessively harsh in your singling out of Clancy who has been fairly solid for the majority of his Well career.

• Like 1

Clancy has been a very good signing in my opinion, yes he has made mistakes at times, but who doesnt at our level?

I was far from convinced when McCall signed him, as anytime I'd seen him play for Killie he looked like a bombscare and Killies fans seemed to think that he was the worst defender ever to play at Rugby Park, but he quickly won me over. Comfy on the ball and commanding in the air, I would be more than pleased to see him sign an extension, but he must cut out the daft things, sly kicks, heider folk in the chest and wild lunges every now and again.

Incidentally, I find it pretty hilarious that Killie fans seem to think he is so bad and criticised him for his holwers but sit and watch Sissoko fanny about at the back for them on an almost weekly basis (although he seems to revel playing against us).

bandwagon.jpg

clancy makes too many big errors for me.

he reminds me a bit of gunning and brian mclean that he looks a player 90% of the time then does something crazy that costs you the game.

What do you actually want?

I hate that fact you have this black and white view of football.

Clancy is one member of a team who are on course to finish 3rd in the SPL - he has played very well in a vast majority of our games.

Yes he makes mistakes - all players do.

But what really fucks me off is you lot would have him out the door.

Who do we bring in MJC, Steelboy et all?

You are all living in cloud fucking cuckoo land.

• Like 1

Perfectly happy with Clancy in the team and perfectly happy sitting five points clear in 3rd one game before the split.

If, before the end of the season, I visit the planet some of the folk on here (and Pie & Bovril) seem to inhabit, I'll update this post.

• Like 4

Clancy reminds me a wee bit bit of Brian McLean. He definitely has the attributes to be a good solid defender at our level. If he can keep his lapses in concentration to a minimium and curb his enthusiasm to get tore in about Old Firm players, we have a very capable centre half at our disposal.

Him and Hutchison are a very decent partnership.

He'll score for us on Sunday.

• Like 1

What do you actually want?

I hate that fact you have this black and white view of football.

Clancy is one member of a team who are on course to finish 3rd in the SPL - he has played very well in a vast majority of our games.

Yes he makes mistakes - all players do.

But what really fucks me off is you lot would have him out the door.

Who do we bring in MJC, Steelboy et all?

You are all living in cloud fucking cuckoo land.

there are plenty of players out there plus we have saunders, page and cummins as options for next season.

by my count the guy is lucky he hasn't seen red 4 or 5 times. he got a red against celtic for booting hooper slyly jumping for a header after getting away with doing the same thing to aranson a few weeks before. he chopped danny bujis in the first game against killie for no reason, he two footed a st johnstone player in front of the disabled section recently and he went over the ball on a st mirren player just before half time in the 0-0 there. add in that he should have been off for headbutting whittaker on saturday then 10 minutes later he handled the ball on purpose before almost getting randolph sent off.

his mistakes have cost us goals against hibs, rangers and celtic recently and he was very lucky to get away with howlers against st mirren and dunfermline.

he's done a decent job for us so far but there is no harm in trying to get someone better in who could be more reliable.

there are plenty of players out there plus we have saunders, page and cummins as options for next season.

by my count the guy is lucky he hasn't seen red 4 or 5 times. he got a red against celtic for booting hooper slyly jumping for a header after getting away with doing the same thing to aranson a few weeks before. he chopped danny bujis in the first game against killie for no reason, he two footed a st johnstone player in front of the disabled section recently and he went over the ball on a st mirren player just before half time in the 0-0 there. add in that he should have been off for headbutting whittaker on saturday then 10 minutes later he handled the ball on purpose before almost getting randolph sent off.

his mistakes have cost us goals against hibs, rangers and celtic recently and he was very lucky to get away with howlers against st mirren and dunfermline.

he's done a decent job for us so far but there is no harm in trying to get someone better in who could be more reliable.

What about Hutchinson? He's also got poor discipline and is liable to make mistakes, should we be replacing him too?

Who then?