Hibs V Motherwell. Discussion

postiejim

Talking of Hutch it was Hutchinson's mistake against Hibs that put Clancy in the shitter leading to the poor passback, it was Hutchinson's mistake against Rangers at the weekend that led to putting Clancy in the shitter which should have led to a Rangers penalty.

Aye he makes mistakes, but then again show me a defender in the world that doesn't - never mind at "our level"

Talking of Hutch it was Hutchinson's mistake against Hibs that put Clancy in the shitter leading to the poor passback, it was Hutchinson's mistake against Rangers at the weekend that led to putting Clancy in the shitter which should have led to a Rangers penalty.

Aye he makes mistakes, but then again show me a defender in the world that doesn't - never mind at "our level"

Point I've tried to make a few times on here recently, Hutchinson is just as prone to the odd error or rush of blood as Clancy. Don't expect 'Big Hutch' to get any of the stick though, just blame Craigan/Clancy instead.

• Like 1

This week-ends Referees named. Oh dear........

Saturday April 7

Aberdeen v Dundee United - Calum Murray

Dunfermline v Hearts - Stephen Finnie

Kilmarnock v Celtic - Alan Muir(Live on ESPN, 12 noon)

Rangers v St Mirren - Willie Collum

St Johnstone v Inverness CT - Kevin Clancy

Sunday April 8

Hibernian v Motherwell - Stevie O'Reilly(Live on ESPN, 12.30pm)

I think on the whole Clancy has been a good signing but he is prone to mistakes and indiscipline. The red card against Celtic was inexcusable, considering we still had injury time to chase an equaliser but we then had to bring on a centre half for a striker due to his pettiness. I must admit that I had turned away briefly on Saturday and missed the headbutt incident so I can't really cast judgement, but if he was willing for us to go down to ten men to nut someone for a mistimed tackle then you have to question his motives.

Also, I think the mistakes he make differ from the ones people may have criticised Craigan for making in the past. Clancy's seem to be through ambition, whereas Craigan's were general through trying to be route one. We have seen Clancy head the ball back to the 'keeper on many occasions this season and just about every time he has done so I thought to myself, if that was Craigan it would have been put in row Z for an opposition throw. There have been times when this approach has worked and times where it hasn't. Obviously the Hibs game it cost us a goal but I'm sure there have been many times where we have benefited from retaining the ball when it has worked. When Craigan plays the safety first type of clearance continually, although short term it is a good option, it can cause us to sit deeper and deeper if it is done in quick succession.

Considering we got him in as a Kilmarnock fringe player last minute when Saunders got injured, I don't think we can argue with how he has done. I would have liked to have seen Hutchinson and Saunders forge a partnership this season, but I also think missing a year of development may prevent us doing that at least straight away next season.

What about Hutchinson? He's also got poor discipline and is liable to make mistakes, should we be replacing him too?

Is that accurate?

Hutchy certainly makes his fair share of mistakes, but I can't remember the red mist decending like it does with Clancy. Clancy could easily have been sent of on Sat for his reaction. If that had of been the case then he would really have needed his baws booted and fined!

Is that accurate?

Hutchy certainly makes his fair share of mistakes, but I can't remember the red mist decending like it does with Clancy. Clancy could easily have been sent of on Sat for his reaction. If that had of been the case then he would really have needed his baws booted and fined!

Sorry my mistake, I meant poor discipline in terms of the number of silly cards he picks up flying into needless tackles. Hutchinson has picked up 9 Yellows in the SPL alone, only Richie Foran and Jim Goodwin have picked up more. I know Yellow's are something of an ocupational hazard of being a centre half but a lot of Hutch's cards are needless and come from him going into tackles he's got no chance of winning.

He's got to realise he can't win the ball everytime and learn to stay on his feet more often. Too often for me he charges in like a bull in a china shop and clatters someday and on a few occasions it's cost us and he's been lucky on a few other occasions. Don't get me wrong I like Hutch, he's big strong lad, good in the air, brave, reads the game well and isn't too bad with the ball and he can be a big presence in both boxes. However he's getting to the age as he approaches 22 where he's got to start ironing out some of the faults in his game. He's got to work more on the mental aspect of his game if he wants to progress and play at a higher level. I'm hoping that will come with experience as I'm sure even though he's in his 20's he's only played about 60 times for us through injuries and what not. It just annoys me that some people are getting a bit carried away with how good he is as of this moment and seem to have a blind spot to the obvious flaws in his game, they'd much rather just blame Clancy or Craggs etc.

As for Clancy I quite like him and wouldn't mind him getting a new deal but ideally I'd like to see a Saunders and Hutchinson centre back pairing for next season. They;d compliment each other well im my opinion and impressed in the limtied time I've seen them play together and have the makings of a really good partnership.

• Like 1

Clancy reminds me a wee bit bit of Brian McLean. He definitely has the attributes to be a good solid defender at our level. If he can keep his lapses in concentration to a minimium and curb his enthusiasm to get tore in about Old Firm players, we have a very capable centre half at our disposal.

Him and Hutchison are a very decent partnership.

He'll score for us on Sunday.

We need more players who will get stuck into the Old Firm.

Any Dubliners on here able to recommend a pub to watch the game in? Had a quick search online but the ones ive found so far dont seem too central or look like complete dives.

Murray's on O'Connell Street is as central as you like and certainly used to be Dublin Tartan Army HQ, so will likely have the game on. Can't say I greatly rate it as a pub, mind you. The Woolshed on Parnell Street is an Aussie bar with 15 screens, so they could probably accommodate you if they weren't already showing it. There used to be a reasonable sports bar in Temple Bar that had loads of screens too, think it might be gone now though.

Not that much related to the actual game on Sunday but an interesting statement from Rod Petrie about Hibs current situation...

Clear Heads and Calm Nerves

04 Apr 2012

0,,10290%7E10689367,00.jpg

Your team needs you - it's as simple as that. We are Hibernian. If we do not rally to the cause no-one else will.

Supporters will help determine how good an end to the season we have and the shape of the team for next season.

We had a catastrophic 2011 to add to the problems in 2010. We made mistakes - I made mistakes. I am sorry. We have paid for these mistakes. That was then, this is 2012.

Pat Fenlon joined us as a manager with a pedigree of success - in both league and cup competitions. Even Pat struggled to make the 2011 team better. So we changed personnel in January. The 2012 squad is different - we signed four players from FA Premier League clubs; two from the Championship; an international player who had been tracked by Rangers and Celtic; and two permanent signings to bolster both attack and defence. We face the business end of the season with a stronger management team and a stronger playing squad than we had on the opening day.

In the 15 matches played in all competitions in 2012, including three cup ties, the record stands at 6 wins; 2 draws; 7 defeats. All of the defeats were to teams in the top six this season. We are undefeated in all five matches against the teams in the bottom six with three wins and two draws. Do not burden our current squad with the failings of the past.

Our manager is a tough competitor and a winner. Some have found the transition uncomfortable. They do not have a leg to stand on because the previous regime was not a success. Yes, the heat in the kitchen is hotter than it was before!

We have six games in the League and a six point lead over Dunfermline Athletic. We are five points short of Inverness CT with 18 points to play for. This is not the league campaign we wanted. However, a semi-final tie against Aberdeen on 14 April has the potential to take us to a Scottish Cup final for the first time since 2001. This could yet be the season that all Hibernian supporters talk about for years to come.

How can we make it happen? Support the team! Thousands do, week in and week out, home and away. For that, and from all at Hibernian, thank you. Others have been lost overboard because of the mistakes of the past, particularly during Colin Calderwood's time as manager. Others find it hard to make the financial commitment in the current economic climate.

Now we need to get as many Hibernian supporters back on board as possible. Your team needs you. Pat Fenlon wants to turn Easter Road into an intimidating arena - we can only do that with passionate Hibernian supporters in the stands. We have three home games. Let's work together to create an atmosphere for success.

In addition to the Motherwell match this Sunday, we now know that only one of the post-split matches will be at 3 pm on a Saturday. We suffer more than any other club from the broadcasting of matches - during the season six home games are dislocated for TV with no consistency in broadcast times because they are shared by two broadcasters. This is a situation that has to improve. We cannot get an instant answer to it but we will continue to try to put supporters at the forefront of decision making in football to improve the position over time.

Fixturing for TV is but one of many topics in the game being discussed just now and many supporters have been in touch with the Club to express their concerns and ideas, which have been welcomed. The game in Scotland is under a lot of scrutiny, and your Club is at the heart of these discussions to bring positive change for supporters, for Hibernian and for the future of football in this country. We will ensure the best interests of the Club and its supporters are considered and listened to.

A Season Ticket is the highest priority membership at the Club. They get the best deals and are always looked after, come what may. The Early Bird renewal deadline is at the end of this week, including those who use the payment plan (if they want, every existing season ticket holder will be accepted into the new payment plan). The number of Season Tickets we sell will determine the squad we have for next season. We need as many Season Ticket Members as possible for next season. Every penny from Season Tickets will be spent on the playing squad. So do not hold back to 'wait and see'.

There are some who want to talk us into looking down not up, even trading failure in the League for success in the Cup. Now is the time for clear heads and calm nerves. We can succeed in both. We need to be strong for the team and strong for each other over the next seven weeks.

Pat Fenlon rebuilt the team in January to give us this opportunity between now and the end of the season. He will rebuild the team again in the summer but for the longer term. His budget will be based on Season Ticket renewals. Please play your part and do whatever you can to help Pat and to support your team.

By working together we can bring success to the Club. We are Hibernian!

i think their cheapest adult season ticket is £355 quid which is expensive compared to the rest of the diddies.

you could tell he was desperate on the bbc debate a few weeks ago, trying to be as populist as he possibly could. they should be in easily the strongest position out the other 10 but petrie has ran them into the ground with bad decisions.

From Sporting Life. Great just to see his name mentioned again....

Motherwell (from): Randolph, Hateley, Saunders, Hutchinson, Clancy, Carswell, Humphrey, Law, Lasley, Higdon, Ojamaa, Murphy, Page, McHugh, Forbes, Daley, Cummins, Lawless, Hollis.

From Sporting Life. Great just to see his name mentioned again....

Motherwell (from): Randolph, Hateley, Saunders, Hutchinson, Clancy, Carswell, Humphrey, Law, Lasley, Higdon, Ojamaa, Murphy, Page, McHugh, Forbes, Daley, Cummins, Lawless, Hollis.

No Halsman listed suggests that Clancy will play at left back. That list illustrates what we all know, that if you take two or three players out (in this case Hammell, Jennings and Craigan) and it starts to look like a very thin squad.

I think we can bin any talk of "anything less than a win is unacceptable" on that basis. Any provincial club is going to struggle if they're missing three of their most experienced players. Looking at that squad, I'd rip your arm off for a draw on Sunday...

Would go for

Randolph

Hateley Hutchy Page Clancy

Humphrey Lasley Carswell Murphy

Higdon Ojamma

Think dropping Law would do him the world of good and for him to come on and make an impact. Definitely wouldn't put him anywhere near the centre of midfield as he is complete inaffective inside. Hopefully Murphy will start and prove a point after being dropped and Ojamma and Higdon link up like they done 3 or 4 games ago.

Can see it being a tough one but with Hibs poor home record hopefully we can pick up the three points. Only danger i see from them is the wee ned they have up front so hopefully Page or Hutchy has him in their back pocket!

Results really have gone against us the past two weeks, in pretty much the worst way possible. I think today's games will be kind to us, and there's a good chance we could end the weekend 8 points clear. If we manage that then I think that'll be 3rd tied up, I really do. A huge weekend for all teams this season!

Talk of Aberdeen fielding a weakened team due to Cup next week. Gits!

I'm afraid that will happen with teams who have nothing to play for. The cup will be Aberdeen's priority and I fully expect Dundee United to take full advantage of the situation. If we go about our business in the correct manner, it wont matter what Aberdeen or Dundee United do.