How Many Have Faith?

texanwellfan

will we be at least third  

133 members have voted

1. 1. will we end up at least third?

Why should the players be motivated if we the fans aren't?

Because they are proffesionals and they are paid to care.

Anyway of course we will do it. We have taken the most points from our games aganst Dundee United, St Johnstone and Hearts. In fact we have taken 17 points from 27 available. I think 2 wins and 2 draws from our remaining 6 games will be more than enough to secure 3rd. We are more than capable of doing that.

Despite the fact that oue lead in 3rd has been whittled away to just 5 points, I'd still much rather be in our position than that of United or Saints. They can't afford a slip up in the run-in or they will pretty much be out of it. A win for us at Easter Road on Sunday would be fantastic, but I get the feeling that we won't require too many more points to clinch 3rd spot, as the Top Six will take a lot of poits from each other.

YES WE CAN!!!

I’ve been pretty negative about our recent up and down league form. In the last five games our stats show 2 wins and 3 loses against St.Johnstone’s 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. This is overshadowed by Dundee United’s impressive 5 straight wins. Games against our two main rivals will decide who claims third spot, both of whom at the moment have a slightly better goal difference. As it stands we are on +5, St.Johnstone are on +6, United are on +14.

In an effort to shake me out of my negative streak, I’m going to say that we can achieve third spot. However, it will be very close, with only one or two points separating third, fourth, and fifth place.

It’s never easy being a Well fan!

It's always easier to play catch-up than lead from the front. If Utd. or Saints get within a point or two, they will have to start dealing with the pressure too and it's a whole new ball game.

I'd much rather be 5 points ahead than 5 points behind right now, and I think we will do it.

Sure, the gaps narrowed the last couple of weeks....but it's still better to have the points on the board, than to be chasing 5/6 points behind.

We are a better team than Hibs, and if we stay focussed we should take the points against them. After that, I don't think St Johnstone or United will catch up 5 points after the split.

The fact that we would be gutted with Europa league football just shows how well we are doing :laugh: .

This forum will probably go into meltdown if we "only" achieve Europa League football...

Will we do it? Aye, I think easy in the end. Think we'll beat Hibs, United will drop points against Aberdeen and St Johnstone will lose to at least United and us after the split. If we beat Hibs we'll need 1 win and a draw. And we'll get them in the first two games after the split if neither game is against the Old Firm...

This weekends match is enormously important. If we can get 3 points in that one we have a fighting chance. If we lose and Dundee Utd and/or St. Johnstone win then I'd be very worried.

So rather than looking at the last game of the season we should be looking at the next game in the season. Hibs might be shite but they have given us plenty scares this season. I don't think you can say with any degree of confidence that we'll go over there and blow them away.

It's going to be tense, it's going to be nervy but I think that's one we really need to win.

I have been to the Docs the day and he has diagnosed me as having a case of the MJC's over the weekend.

Thankfully he has now given me medication to control it.

As a result I do believe, we'll get there.

Looking at the post split, Las will miss the Celtic game but will be available (hopefully) for the rest of the games. Lets make sure we have our best players available.

• Like 2