How Many Have Faith?

texanwellfan

will we be at least third  

133 members have voted

1. 1. will we end up at least third?

I don't think we'll do it because quite simply; a) We're on the slide, and; b) Dundee Utd & St.Johnstone are on the way up.

We may get a result against Hibs at Easter Road on Sunday, but post split we will lose to Celtic, lose to Rangers, lose to Hearts and it will come down to the home games against Dundee Utd and St.Johnstone, from which I believe we will only get one point.

We will finish 5th, if we're lucky.

Dundee UTd and St Johnstone may have the momentum just now but as we know it only takes one bad day to scupper that. We're in pole position so it's ours to throw away which I don't think we will cos we are better than both of them.If we do slip back then we will have no-one to blame but ourselves cos our position is, as they say, commanding just now and simply we won't deserve to be there if we allow this lead to falter. I'm still hoping Rangers might slip up and we can still catch them actually. :whistling:

I don't think we'll do it because quite simply; a) We're on the slide, and; b) Dundee Utd & St.Johnstone are on the way up.

Our slide consists of a loss to Killie who we haven't beaten all year and a loss to Rangers who have beaten us time after time. We haven't dropped points we weren't dropping before.

St Johnstone were unbeaten in six but Hearts were the only team in the top half that they beat. In the last round if fixtures they took 3 points from 15 against the teams they need to play again.

Dundee Utd are the concern but they have a poor record in Aberdeen. If we win two games they need to win four from six to finish ahead of us which includes Aberdeen, both the OF, Hearts and Saints. I really can't see us blowing it if we win on Sunday. Of course, United and Saints will have played by then.

I also think Hearts winning on Saturday is good news as if they have something to hit at they will be more up for it against the Tayside teams and they are all more likely to cut each other's throat.

For all the momentum in the world I wouldn't swap position with anyone just now.

• Like 2

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!

Dundee United manager Peter Houston and forward Gary Mackay-Steven have been recognised by the Scottish Premier League for their form in March.

Houston has been named Manager of the Month, having taken the Terrors to four league wins out of four.

United defeated Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Rangers, Hibernian and Dunfermline Athletic, scoring ten goals and conceding just once.

Mackay-Steven, who has been picked as Young Player of the Month, was a key figure in their success, which has seen the club move into fourth in the SPL table.

The 22-year-old featured in all four matches, finding the net in the 2-0 win over Hibernian. It is the second successive month he has won the award, having also been recognised in February.

Houston is recognised for the first time this season, having last won the manager's award in March 2011.

We are in pole position, but I do think the game against Hibs is massive. If we lose and the other two win then its down to 2 points and its basically anyone's game after that.

If we can go into the split either 5 or more points ahead then I think we have a great chance.

There is a massive incentive for all these clubs and they will all be trying their best to get that Champions League spot.

Also I wouldn't rule Hearts out just yet.

We are in pole position, but I do think the game against Hibs is massive. If we lose and the other two win then its down to 2 points and its basically anyone's game after that.

If we can go into the split either 5 or more points ahead then I think we have a great chance.

There is a massive incentive for all these clubs and they will all be trying their best to get that Champions League spot.

Also I wouldn't rule Hearts out just yet.

Hearts are finished in the race for third. Would require Motherwell/United/St Johnstone drawing their games with each other and Hearts winning all theirs. Hearts attentions will turn to the Scottish Cup (talks that a weakened side will be picked this weekend).

If we match utd and St Johnstones results this weekend then i think we're looking good. Defeat for us coupled with wins for pur rivals will mean it's anybodys though.

I would be pretty gutted to not finish 3rd now after being there nearly the full season and worse still throwing away an 11 point lead in the process.

Hopefully the players want it as much as us.

Our goals and wins have dried up big time. I can see us beating st Johnstone but struggling to see where any other wins will come from after that today. A big factor may be our inability to beat the OF. Utd ad hearts can take points off them but we can't/won't. Maybe down to last day of the season (if we're still in it)

Given the circumstances, and our recent run, it's a point gained today.

Due to our poorer GD, we are effectively 4pts ahead of Saints, (-1 goal), 5pts ahead of Are Shyte, (-7 goals), and 6pts ahead of Jambos, (-9 goals).

That effectively means Saints have a minimum target to win 1 and draw 1 more than us, assuming their 1 goal advantage remains.

While for Are Shyte its win 1 and draw 2 more than us

And for Hearts its win 2 more, or win 1 and draw 3 more than us.

All this to be achieved from a mere 5 games.

Basically 3rd place is ours to lose. This group of players have done themselves, and us, proud this season so far. Thru a twist of fate, and what is perhaps a once in a ifetime opportunity for the club/players/fans, we have a CL place within our grasp.

2 wins from 5 is what I reckon we'll need to secure 3rd place, as I don't see Saints winning 3 and drawing 1, or Are Shyte winning 3 and drawing 2 or Jambos winning 4.

Our goals and wins have dried up big time. I can see us beating st Johnstone but struggling to see where any other wins will come from after that today. A big factor may be our inability to beat the OF. Utd ad hearts can take points off them but we can't/won't. Maybe down to last day of the season (if we're still in it)

You only need to score once to win a game and draws against our nearest rivals may well be enough.

I've already pointed out before that winning Vs the OF is irrelevant if you're not consistant against diddys.

Take Aberdeen out the league and there's a 9 point swing between us and Dundee Utd.

Given the circumstances, and our recent run, it's a point gained today.

Due to our poorer GD, we are effectively 4pts ahead of Saints, (-1 goal), 5pts ahead of Are Shyte, (-7 goals), and 6pts ahead of Jambos, (-9 goals).

That effectively means Saints have a minimum target to win 1 and draw 1 more than us, assuming their 1 goal advantage remains.

While for Are Shyte its win 1 and draw 2 more than us

And for Hearts its win 2 more, or win 1 and draw 3 more than us.

Not often I would argue with your logic big man, especially if you are standing right next to me.....................but

Even with a poorer goal difference that point today means that:

St Johnstone now need to win 2 more game than us or win 1 game and draw 2 more games than us. For their goal difference to matter they need to be level on points.....

Hearts now need to win 2 more games and a draw more than us, rather than just 2 wins.

For DDee Utd today's point is less effective as they still would need to win 2 more games than us which was the same before today's game.

That was a great point to win after being a goal down with 10 minutes left. All in all I thought the team played well (having just watched recorded game) - thanks to in -laws :wallbash:

second half especaiily the team never gave up and played some decent footie. I am quite upbeat....

• Like 1

:drinks: I was at Murrayfield yesterday, up at 4am back home at midnight, 8hrs in a train and hunners of french wine in Cafe Rouge..................so the logic-sektor may be slightly dulled, but essentially these figures above are our comfort zone ............... a comfort zone that I'd hope was secure enough.

Since we never do things the easy way my bet is we need to draw the last game at home to United. We go 2-0 up then with 20 minutes to go they score. Five minutes from time up they score again and we hang on to get third place with the supporters too worn out to celebrate properly when the whistle goes.

Since we never do things the easy way my bet is we need to draw the last game at home to United. We go 2-0 up then with 20 minutes to go they score. Five minutes from time up they score again and we hang on to get third place with the supporters too worn out to celebrate properly when the whistle goes.

Knowing the Fir Park crowd, the team would get boo'd off for throwing away a 2 goal lead.

• 4 weeks later...