James McFadden Motherwell Goals

'WellDone

Faddy is my absolute hero but the problem is, whilst I can find most of his Scotland goals, I can't find videos of many of his Motherwell strikes. sad.gif

I'd love to see his audacious penalty chip and outrageous run against Livi, his sublime effort into the top corner v Partick, free kick against Killie amongst many others.

I know there's guys on here that do dvds etc, but I'm really just looking for anything kicking about on the internet.

Cheers if anyone can be of help. cheers.gif

His goal in the 4-2 win against Dundee in January 2002 was one of his best IMO. That was the one where he picked up the ball out wide, beat two or three defenders and curled it beautifully into the corner. That was the goal where he really showed his quality for the first time. He was superb that night.

edit: His goal at Hampden against Rangers in the 2003 Scottish Cup Semi Final was another tremendous strike, both for the sheer quality of the goal itself and for the celebrations in the Motherwell end as a result of it. In the build up to that, Pearson was fouled in the box and everyone, players and fans alike shouted for a penalty but 'Faddy' just coolly curled it right into the top corner past Klos. An unbelieveable goal and moment.

• Like 2

His goal in the 4-2 win against Dundee in January 2002 was one of his best IMO. That was the one where he picked up the ball out wide, beat two or three defenders and curled it beautifully into the corner. That was the goal where he really showed his quality for the first time. He was superb that night.

edit: His goal at Hampden against Rangers in the 2003 Scottish Cup Semi Final was another tremendous strike, both for the sheer quality of the goal itself and for the celebrations in the Motherwell end as a result of it. In the build up to that, Pearson was fouled in the box and everyone, players and fans alike shouted for a penalty but 'Faddy' just coolly curled it right into the top corner past Klos. An unbelieveable goal and moment.

My two favourite Faddy goals for Motherwell. That performance came during a spell when him and Elliott were dynamite together. By that time there was little doubt that he was destined for the top.

Then that goal at Hampden, without doubt one of my favourite moments supporting Morherwell, the celebrations were mental. We played Rangers off the park for most of that first half and his goal was magical. If Clarky hadn't fucked up it would probably have been one of the finest days in our history.

His final goal against Thistle wasn't too shabby either.

I miss Faddy.

Anyone remember his debut off the bench (was it vc Aberdeen?) IIRC his first touch was receiving the ball with a defender at his back, lifting it over both their heads then nipping round the back to collect. Bergkamp couldn't have done it better :D

Was that not the 3-2 game under Eric black?

I recall him playing left back against Rangers, I thought that was his debut.

His debut was against Dundee on Boxing Day 2000.

To add to the goals already mentioned, his right footed effort against Clyde in the cup, that superb run against St. Johnstone Reserves and one of his double against Partick on his last game deserve a mention.

Anyone remember his debut off the bench (was it vc Aberdeen?) IIRC his first touch was receiving the ball with a defender at his back, lifting it over both their heads then nipping round the back to collect. Bergkamp couldn't have done it better :D

I remember that flick in the Dundee game rather than Aberdeen but it could well have been in both! He scored the winner against Aberdeen with a powerful downward header after a similar earlier effort had been saved.

After the game when he ran Celtic ragged the media declared it as his best ever game. People I spoke to wouldn't believe me when I said he had had several better games. Obviously if it's not against the Old Firm it doesn't count.