Motherwell Vs St Johnstone Discussion Thread

David

Nonsense. The English playoffs are a good example of momentum winning out over a team that attained their positioning due a goid run at the START of the season.

Momentum is a winning run. We didn't have it when we played Aberdeen? Bar a Cup defeat and losing to the Champions we had been on a great run since Jan.

I'd rather have a three point cushion than not......but that was 11 points a few weeks ago and I'd rather have their form and momentum than hours. Lets not forget that as well as being six points clear on Saturday night we could well be sitting in fourth due to our inferior goal difference.

As I have said fourth is not a disaster but we still need to aim for third. The fact Dun Utd are the form team in the Country right now shows that we will need to up our game considerably.

I'd rather be sitting three points clear, with only one Old Firm team to play than sitting three behind with both Celtic and Rangers still to play, that's for sure.

We're in the driving seat, simple as that. Enough of the negativity, this is the kind of season finish that football was made for.

I'd rather be sitting three points clear, with only one Old Firm team to play than sitting three behind with both Celtic and Rangers still to play, that's for sure.

We're in the driving seat, simple as that. Enough of the negativity, this is the kind of season finish that football was made for.

:doh:

Discussing how well Utd are doing, that they are the team in form etc. isn't always being negative about Motherwell.

I'm talking about the people who have us finishing fourth behind United before we even kick a ball this weekend.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm looking forward to the run-in this season :yahoo:

I am as well. :ph34r:

It's going to be nerve shredding, even utter torture at times but if we manage to pull this off and finish 3rd then it is a terrific achievement. I have my doubts but I just hope we can do it.

It's going to be an exciting last few weeks, that's one thing that's for sure.

I know we are in the driving seat to secure third place but i'd gladly take any help from the other teams.

A lot of conversation has been concentrating on how good Utd are and how they have momentum etc etc but we can take that out of the equation if we can grind out 2 results against St Johnstone and Hearts. Doesn't have to be pretty just get the points.

Realistically I see Utd ( even with their momentum ) getting a max of 4 points before they play us so they go into the last game with 56 points. So even if we royally screw up over the next 3 games we should still have one last chance at home to redeem ourselves.

On a more positive note if we can beat St Johnstone and Hearts it's celebration time at fir park and we can clap ourselves onto the field

So it's not about Utd it's all about us and can we do the business against St Johnstone and Hearts. I think we can.

:thumbup:

It would be nice if we could repeat the semi final performance with 3 first half goals and the breeze through the second half but it's probably not going to be like that.

I hope to God we get the first goal because if we don't you can see it turning nasty in the East Stand and that's not what we need right now.

Really looking forward to this game. Just hope i dont fall a sleep during the game after finishing nightshift at 8.30 on the day of the game. 2-0 win with Law and Murphy scoring the goals. Win this and a hope hearts draw and i cant see us finishing out the top 3.

I'm an extra in that awful movie :lol:

So are half my factory, day out at hampden when we opened the coke kiosks, my old man met Robert Duvall that week and hadn't a clue who he was until he saw him at the Killie game.

on topic - Henrik needs to relax a bit,think he's trying too hard for it to come off recently