Celtic Online Fanzine Worried About Our Reputation !

WELLDAFT

I saw the guys having "banter" with Blackman and stokes, it looked good natured from where I was standing, although I couldn't see the guys, just the reaction of the Celtic players.

I'm sure if they were getting racist abuse so openly something would be done about it.

It doesn't suit their story, but the east stand is not the family stand, not that it's overly relevant.

I saw the guys having "banter" with Blackman and stokes, it looked good natured from where I was standing, although I couldn't see the guys, just the reaction of the Celtic players.

I'm sure if they were getting racist abuse so openly something would be done about it.

It doesn't suit their story, but the east stand is not the family stand, not that it's overly relevant.

There weren't any monkey chants I could hear and I wasn't too far away from the 'banter', so how any Celtic fan could hear monkey chants is a mystery.

Basically, the story is completely made up.

Blackman was dancing and smiling over laughing at/with the guys, I don't think he'd have done that if they were racially abusing him??

Correct. To be fair, I'm not going to claim it was entirely good-natured from the couple of 'Well fans - there were a few wanker signs and middle fingers, and can't say for certain whether there was any real malice in it. However, there were plainly no monkey chants.

Either it was good-natured banter between Blackman and a few 'Well fans (it was only him involved contrary to that nonsense article), or a few 'Well fans tried to abuse him and he reacted like most footballers do by laughing at them.

The story, however, is fiction. I'm not suggesting a Celtic fan rushed home in order to deliberately lie about Motherwell fans, I simply think he/she has seen a few 'Well fans interacting with a Celtic player who just happens to be black and have jumped immediately to the conclusion that it was racist abuse (perhaps throwing in made-up monkey chants for that sensationalist feel). That says far, far more about Celtic fans than it does about Motherwell fans.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

• Like 3

They really are such a deluded bunch...see all this hating celtic and rangers equally? I'm no scared to admit it, i hate celtic much more than i hate Rangers with the reason being there fans. The whole carry on, on that page just grinds ma gears!

Scum of the earth.

• Like 1

Whenever Celtic fans bring up racism I can't help but remember the friendly welcome they gave Mark Walters on his debut in Scottish football way back when.

Or does throwing bananas at a black guy constitute some kind of charitable act down Parkhead way?