2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

None of our first team players will be playing for Hibs next season unless we refuse to offer them a contract

Probably could still offer more money even if they are in the 1st Division.

McCall stated on MFCTV that players have been offered new deals on lesser terms/wages. A sign of the times perhaps, but can understand them considering other offers were that the case.

His comments that Europe is not as lucrative as a Scottish Cup Final bear some closer inspection. Take last year for example we got to a Cup Final but finished 6th in the SPL.

This year we may finish 3 places higher and get 2 home games in Europe. 3 places higher in the SPL = approx £240k extra and 2 home games in Europe, could be depending on opposition as much as combined crowd of say 17,000+ = gate recepits of say circa £300k. Reckon we could easily get 9000+ for Champions league. Add in extra revenue from UEFA of approx 260k Euros assuming we only get 2 rounds. That adds up to £740k.

I would say that is no less than reaching the Cup Final....just my humble opinion mind dry.gif

It does indeed. They can offer at least double what we could table. In short they could take their pick of our out of contract players unless an English lower division club is sniffing about.

How much are our top earners on and what are Hibs paying?

Many Hibs players are earning between £3k and £5k basic which is way above our level - I'm not 100% sure what it is but am confident its well below £2.5k.

Are you sure about Hibs figures? Would surprise me if true.

Many Hibs players are earning between £3k and £5k basic which is way above our level - I'm not 100% sure what it is but am confident its well below £2.5k.

at the meeting i attended about the well society derek weir said our annual playing budget is currently £1.8m.

that works out at £34,000 a week which suggests there a number of players earning £2,500 plus.

There`s no way any Well players are on £2.5K a week and that is FACT, £1.5k -£2k is the top earners down to £300 per week.

Some guys are being offered more bucks from 1st Div clubs to sign at end of season. 3 or 4 guys already told they can go and others will find out very soon.

Some guys are being offered more bucks from 1st Div clubs to sign at end of season.

You might well be right, I don't know. However, if these guys are established first team players or even fringe players then serious questions need to be asked of those who run the first division clubs in question, or their judgement questioned.

The long awaited return of "I know something you don't know"

Not to be confused with "I've made something up so that it sounds like I know something you don't know"

Not really, more of a mate told me he had heard the following : "one of our out of contract players, who has been offered a new contract, but isnt happy with his new terms and Hibs are interested in him"

Now I dont have MFC tv, so I couldnt tell you if the below is true, but I suppose it could possibly back up what I have been told

McCall stated on MFCTV that players have been offered new deals on lesser terms/wages. A sign of the times perhaps, but can understand them considering other offers were that the case.

Or maybe its his agent trying to get Motherwell to up the terms by saying other clubs are interested - i honestly dont know!

Re: Hibs.

Heard a bit of chat earlier in the year that Osbourne is the highest paid non-OF player in Scotland. Genuinely no idea if its true, but my pal isn't one to spout pish, generally.

According to some Hibs fans on P+B and one I used to work with, the Osbourne story is true. They have all quoted 5.5k per week. I never know how people claim to know exactly what certain players are earning so I take it with a pinch of salt, its definitely a popular rumour though.

According to some Hibs fans on P+B and one I used to work with, the Osbourne story is true. They have all quoted 5.5k per week. I never know how people claim to know exactly what certain players are earning so I take it with a pinch of salt, its definitely a popular rumour though.

Exactly. There must be some right careless bastards currently plying their trade in the SPL leaving their wage slips lying around for all to see.

Aye, like I said, no idea whether or not it is legit or not, but if we all only posted facts then there'd be about 2 threads on this board, both of them boring.

Clarkson freed. In first to claim he's signing, based on nothing whatsoever.

Aye, like I said, no idea whether or not it is legit or not, but if we all only posted facts then there'd be about 2 threads on this board, both of them boring.

Clarkson freed. In first to claim he's signing, based on nothing whatsoever.

you could base it on the fact that this is technically his home having came through the ranks and may see this as the only place to play now as he is unwanted down south evidently