2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

His recent performances on TV & radio suggest he's greasing the wheels to join the "in crowd" we have in the Scottish media.

He's been a great servant to the club, and I love him as a player, but I have a feeling my respect for him is going to take a hit every time he appears on the telly or radio over the coming years.

If it came down to offering him another year or tying up Clancy, I'd take Clancy every time.

Clancy seems keen to stay

Motherwell star Tim Clancy: Best hope of keeping all our star players is if their phones break

May 7 2012

TIM CLANCY hopes his Motherwell mates’ phones go on the blink – to avoid Stuart McCall’s side being broken up over the summer.

The Irish defender has been a key man in the Fir Park club’s charge to third spot in the SPL and a Champions League qualifying berth.

But he fears success could come at a price and expects vultures to be circling during the close season.

Clancy believes several first-team stars will be hunted, as well as gaffer McCall who has defied all the odds with one of the smallest budgets in the league.

He said: “It might be difficult to keep this squad together. That happens when a team has a great season.

“At our level, clubs might come in to try to pick one or two away. So hopefully all the boys’ phones will be broken over the summer and no calls get through.

“We need continuity. We’ve used the least amount of players in the SPL and have managed to stay clear of injuries which has helped us. Hopefully we can start next season with the same squad.

“Jamie Murphy knocked back a move to Blackpool in the last transfer window because he didn’t feel it was right for him at the time.

“I hope we can keep all the players together and have a crack at these Champions League qualifiers next season.

“Clubs will also be looking at the manager. I know that from being at Kilmarnock last season because Mixu Paatelainen got the Finland national job.

“So it’s just as important that the manager and his backroom team stay as it is for the players.”

Clancy’s contract at Fir Park expires at the end of this month but he’s keen to extend his stay.

He was superb in the Steelmen’s goalless draw at Ibrox and wouldn’t want to miss out on European action next term.

The Irish ace said: “My contract’s up at the end of May so hopefully we can sit down and get something sorted out.

“I wanted to stay here, regardless of whether we’d qualified for the Champions League or not.”

Why should we do that?

even with rangers in the spl we are cutting our budget.

without them we would have to cut it even further which would mean we are unlikely to be able to resign the out of contract players and may have problems paying the players we have contracted for next season.

even with rangers in the spl we are cutting our budget.

without them we would have to cut it even further which would mean we are unlikely to be able to resign the out of contract players and may have problems paying the players we have contracted for next season.

Wot he sed

Steelboy, let's keep the chat in this thread to Motherwell-related transfer talk, eh? You've got other threads to discuss your big team in.

BBC Gossip:

Motherwell forward Jamie Murphy is a summer transfer target for Crystal Palace's Scottish manager, Dougie Freedman. (Daily Record)

Would that be considered a better move than the Blackpool move though?

Probably, given that London is marginally less of a shit-hole than Blackpool is.

Aye, but he's not going on his holidays, he's trying to improve his career. And at Blackpool he could stay beside all the rich footballers in Southport or Lytham.

Steelboy, let's keep the chat in this thread to Motherwell-related transfer talk, eh? You've got other threads to discuss your big team in.

the two issues are clearly related.

my only interest in rangers' situation is how it effects mfc.

All the players are being told today who are being offered new contracts or not.

Some of the players being offered 1st div wages at most. Mass exodus coming soon me thinks.

Mass exodus, signing panic on the forums - is it summer already?

The cold facts of the current climate are that clubs are cutting budgets and there are more players than there are clubs. I'm sure whatever happens by the time we kick off our (brief) Champions League campaign, we will still have a decent team to put on the pitch.

• Like 1

the two issues are clearly related.

my only interest in rangers' situation is how it effects mfc.

This is the ins & outs thread. Rangers are relevant here if we are rumoured to be taking one of their players, or if one of ours is moving in the opposite direction.

If you want to discuss the effect of their financial plight or SPL status on our club, do so in one of the many other threads.

• Like 1

They can still sign out of contract players.

Dawson_says_no_gif.gif

Rangers have been banned from signing players for 12 months by the Scottish Football Association after being found to have brought the game into disrepute during Craig Whyte's period in charge.

The SFA convened a judicial panel to look into Rangers' actions under Whyte, who bought the club from Sir David Murray last May but plunged them into administration. Whyte has also been banned for life by the governing body from holding any position in Scottish football.

The transfer embargo, which applies to everyone besides youth players, was imposed by the SFA after it found Rangers and their owner guilty of a series of charges. There were further punishments of fines totalling £160,000 for the club – payable within 12 months – and £200,000 for Whyte – due within 30 days. Rangers are almost certain to appeal against their sanctions.

• Like 2