2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

The only thing that troubles me somewhat is the fact that we're still waiting to see who resigns with us for next season.

We already have one player with 1st team experience quitting after this season, and we still have five players considering new deals. I'd maybe have waited to see who we have signing on again before starting to let players like Forbes, Halsman and Lawless go.

I'm guessing the management team have plans in place though, so we'll see what happens.

remember we are cutting our budget. if we are offering jenno, hammell, las and clancy new deals savings have to be made somewhere to allow us to do that.

I'd agree with that. Especially with the under 19s becoming 20s there will be less need for players between the youth team and the first team.

. I'd maybe have waited to see who we have signing on again before starting to let players like Forbes, Halsman and Lawless go.I'm guessing the management team have plans in place though, so we'll

see what happens

Regardless of who we lose from the first team, if these players are not considered good enough by our mamagement team then they need to go. That simple.

Lawless, halsman, forbes and McKinnon will not be playing part time football, all have offers on the table from full time teams , England & Scotland.

McCall would have liked to have kept a few, but budget dictated things, Best wishes go to all the guys released, and hope they carve out a career for themselves elsewhere.

Regardless of who we lose from the first team, if these players are not considered good enough by our mamagement team then they need to go. That simple.

Well put Finlay. Its hard I know but football is cut throat. I can only assume that SM & KB reckon they can bring in better players either through internal promotion or through the transfer market. The presumption is that Forbes, Halsman and Lawless are not considered by the club to be SPL class.

Lawless, halsman, forbes and McKinnon will not be playing part time football, all have offers on the table from full time teams , England & Scotland.

McCall would have liked to have kept a few, but budget dictated things, Best wishes go to all the guys released, and hope they carve out a career for themselves elsewhere.

Good to hear.

I can only assume that SM & KB reckon they can bring in better players either through internal promotion or through the transfer market.

Yip, think young Nicky Devlin is the one to watch for the future...know it is a lower league, but 4/5 games for Stenny and player of the month...plus, I know his father and what's been said between party's over the season. Hateley better up the ante, it he'll be out on his ear this year to 'Cafu' Devlin...!!

:lol:

It's neither of those things! They didn't get a chance this season for the same reason Hollis didn't get a chance this season. Can you imagine a season where we spend half of it fighting for 2nd, and the trying to secure third and Champions League football, and McCall thinks "hmmm...I think i'll leave Darren on the bench and see what Tom Bradley can do". The fans would have gone apoplectic!

That's obviously a preposterous example.

There is no reason however not to give a young winger a chance when you are 4-1 up at home with 10 minutes to play though.

We had several meaningless matches at the end of this season. Could not one or two young players have been given a chance?

Was it necessary to play Hutchinson today instead of giving young Adam Cummins another chance? Couldn't Carswell have started over Jennings or Lasley.

That's obviously a preposterous example.

There is no reason however not to give a young winger a chance when you are 4-1 up at home with 10 minutes to play though.

We had several meaningless matches at the end of this season. Could not one or two young players have been given a chance?

Was it necessary to play Hutchinson today instead of giving young Adam Cummins another chance? Couldn't Carswell have started over Jennings or Lasley.

Plenty meaningless matches at the end of the season? Are you seriously suggesting that we should have given young players a chance after the decision to let them go had already been made? These decisions will have been made weeks, if not many months ago.

Plenty meaningless matches at the end of the season? Are you seriously suggesting that we should have given young players a chance after the decision to let them go had already been made? These decisions will have been made weeks, if not many months ago.

Where did you read that? If you are going to respond to a post don't make out like I said something I didn't. I mentioned Cummins and Carswell by name neither of whom are going anywhere as far as I know.

I didn't know Cummins was injured but we've offered terms to a bunch of U20 players - could have been a good idea to say to them "you'll get a chance here if you sign on".

Funnily enough Forbes came on today when the decision had already been made to let him go! So if you want to have a go at anyone for 'seriously suggesting' that see Stuart McCall!

Ya Beezer, yer argument is pish. Stop typing.

Giving young players a chance is a pish argument? OK, I'll change my mind. No more young players getting a chance at Fir Park. Except when they are thrown in at the deep end have no experience or previous game time.

Giving young players a chance is a pish argument? OK, I'll change my mind. No more young players getting a chance at Fir Park. Except when they are thrown in at the deep end have no experience or previous game time.

Nobody has said that. Stop being such a drama queen cause folk aren't agreeing with you.

Yet to answer my question by the way...

can you name me one player that has been let go by Motherwell and not given a chance in recent years and actually gone on to have a decent career elsewhere? I can't...

Where did you read that? If you are going to respond to a post don't make out like I said something I didn't. I mentioned Cummins and Carswell by name neither of whom are going anywhere as far as I know.

I didn't know Cummins was injured but we've offered terms to a bunch of U20 players - could have been a good idea to say to them "you'll get a chance here if you sign on".

Funnily enough Forbes came on today when the decision had already been made to let him go! So if you want to have a go at anyone for 'seriously suggesting' that see Stuart McCall!

What? I was referring to exactly what you were talking about....which was giving game time to some of the guys who have been let go, to give them a chance and see if they would have been worth keeping on. You're the one who's all of a sudden changed to talking about young players who are staying.

As for your Ross Forbes point, is that serious? I'm sure you can see the difference between allowing him to take his bow at Fir Park, and bringing on someone like Lawless.

The only reason we've seen Carswell play lately is because Craigan was injured and Clancy had to play in the middle, requiring Hateley at right back.

we've seen carswell because he's got the tools to play in the spl.

if you had paid attention to my posts after the morton friendly in july you would have known bradley, mckinnon, halsman, lawless, smith and howarth were never good enough.

anyone with their ear to the ground would have heard the nasty rumour about our youth development people being disciplined due to the amount of no hopers getting senior contracts.

we've seen carswell because he's got the tools to play in the spl.

if you had paid attention to my posts after the morton friendly in july you would have known bradley, mckinnon, halsman, lawless, smith and howarth were never good enough.

anyone with their ear to the ground would have heard the nasty rumour about our youth development people being disciplined due to the amount of no hopers getting senior contracts.

laugh.gif

If you told me the time i'd double check it.

That's pretty impressive on the basis of one pre-season friendly. Were you one of the posters who wrote off Chris Porter and the Duke after their early performances?

the subs on today should have been players that we are hoping will contribute in the future.

mchugh, page, carswell, josh watt, francis could all have benefited from playing today. i've no idea why forbes came on.

He came on for the same reason Craigan started.

I'm pretty sure there will have been another couple who started yesterday that won't play for us again even though we / they / McCall don't know who that is yet

We do give young players a chance. I take you have forgotten that Hutchinson, Saunders, Ojamma and Carswell have all played this season?

What exactly do you want though Ya Beezer? Do you want to break up a team that has made it to the champions league?

Our youth system works like this. A player leaves ( for example - Lasley) and a guy like Carswell will come in.

Also yesterday was a chance for the team to get a decent send off for the that got us third place. And as for Forbes I thought it was decent of McCall to give him a final run out for the club.