2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

you think Faddy was a better player then thatn he is now ? He's mibby not as fit but a shadow of the player :doh:

I obviously haven't seen him in every game, but the times I have watched him play over the last 2 or 3 years, he hasn't come close to the form he showed for us. That's why he has been floating around looking for a club in recent times.

Hammell and Lasley could have been approached by anyone. Hibs and Aberdeen have shite teams until they have a good one. Surely that process is trying to sign players like Hammell and Lasley. Dun Utd might have wanted them. They could offer more money and Europe......but not a testimonial year.

Since the last time we took part in European competition we have slashed the playing budget twice. This year was £200,000 alone. That is BEFORE the Rangers situation but now is the time to get Faddy and Clarkson back for 'reasonable wages' and put them 'in the shop window'? Sure they could offer us a better chance at the money end of European competition but we can't afford to get them in the team let alone face the consequences of getting papped out by a team from a more financially stable league with a much bigger budget with them on the wage bill.

If we draw Liverpool in the EL Playoff Round then Faddy and Clarkson won't make a difference. So do we sign them and release them depending on who we get, or ask them to stay free agents until the draw has been made?

Sorry, David I'm just covinced you don't have a handle on how dire the financial situation isfor us.

• Like 1

I obviously haven't seen him in every game, but the times I have watched him play over the last 2 or 3 years, he hasn't come close to the form he showed for us. That's why he has been floating around looking for a club in recent times.

The SPL is a whole other world from thr EPL or even Championship,. He was never gona look as good as he did when he was first here. I'm more than confident he'll stand out a mile if he gets to full fitness and signs with us.

Has anyone even thought about considering the difference in level?

Yes. When he was younger and fitter he was capable of turning it on even at international level. Injuries and sitting on the bench for extended periods has seen some of that diminish.

Doubt we will be signing anyone given we have absolutely no idea what our budget will be next season except for the fact it will be £200k less than last year. A considerable sum without factoring in what will happen with the whole Rangers scenario.

The SPL is a whole other world from thr EPL or even Championship,. He was never gona look as good as he did when he was first here. I'm more than confident he'll stand out a mile if he gets to full fitness and signs with us.

But is he going to be fit enough when we start our European campaign which is now only a matter of weeks away.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Faddy back with us. But is this the right time to take to take a chance?

I'd have McFadden back in a heartbeat, especially if we can move Murphy/Humphrey on. No big reason, bar that they're our most expendable assets for me (Over Hutchison and Randolph)

Clarkson, I love the guy, but I don't think he's what we need right now.

If the Faddy deal happens is only ever gona be a short term deal to get him in the shop window and get the chance to play in the Champions League with the us.

100% agree on Clarkson.

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want McFadden or Clarkson back. McFadden could have 2 broken legs and still offer more than that donkey Higdon. We saw it when we played rangers in the last game of the season when Ojamaa and Murphy started. Playing with two mobile strikers is far more efficient against good opposition compared to playing an immobile lump who cant hold up the ball.

• Like 1

Sorry, David I'm just covinced you don't have a handle on how dire the financial situation isfor us.

Oh, I do. I'm just looking for something that could convince me (and others I'd imagine) to actually want to buy a season ticket and get excited about our European football this season.

This is our first opportunity for a crack at a tournament that I never thought our club would see in my lifetime, and right now I honestly couldn't give a fuck. I would never have thought such a thing possible.

Folk can argue all day over wether he was better when he was younger or not. Faddy (even a half fit one) still possesses quality and technique which would see him walk into any first team in Scotland.

Agreed !!, apart from that he may also bring in some much needed gate money and a lift to the fans and team. Even on a short pay as you play deal I would jump at the chance to bring him in, just depends how desperate he is to get in the shop window, would be fair to say he doesn't need the money short term.

But is he going to be fit enough when we start our European campaign which is now only a matter of weeks away.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Faddy back with us. But is this the right time to take to take a chance?

It really all depends on the deal, how much it costs us and how long he stays for ?

If its 6 months for avarage wage. I'll bite your hand off. He''s hardly played or been signed in the last two years, so for him any wage might be good.

Oh, I do. I'm just looking for something that could convince me (and others I'd imagine) to actually want to buy a season ticket and get excited about our European football this season.

This is our first opportunity for a crack at a tournament that I never thought our club would see in my lifetime, and right now I honestly couldn't give a fuck. I would never have thought such a thing possible.

This is the time that Motherwell needs all its fans to go out and buy season tickets and get into the Well Society. Put something back into the club that you support !!

• Like 1

Fed up hearing we took advantage of the Rangers situation to get into Champs Lge. It was Rangers that were taking advantage. Frankly, not happy at them pocketing the poons for finishing second. Gained by nefarious means.

Anyway, that's just an aside. I am away back to spunking over Faddy pics. Don't want to waste this erection.

• Like 3

Folk can argue all day over wether he was better when he was younger or not. Faddy (even a half fit one) still possesses quality and technique which would see him walk into any first team in Scotland.

And yet, he is still without a club.

Saw McFadden towards end of last season play for Everton and he looked alright. I'd take him in a heartbeat on a short term deal.

Clarkson I'd also welcome back, he doesn't have the same quality or glamour that Faddy has but he was excellent for us in last two seasons. However if Jennings goes and the budget is tight I reckon we'd be needing to sell Murphy to create space in the squad and free up budget for him if we needing to get a midfielder in as well.

Short stint for Faddy through the CL/Europa league qualifiers and with luck we land in Europa league and boost the coffers. He walks off to top end Championship lower level Premier league for bigger money and we sign up Clarkson to replace him. :)

As someone above said, we've had to slash the budget by £200k before we've even look at what the Rangers situation is going to cost us. We've lost Craigan, Clancy, Forbes and a whole host of kids. Jennings looks like he's offski and we almost certainly have to sell Murphy, Hutchy, Randolph or Humphrey before we can even think about bringing anyone at all in.

Faddy and Clarky would undoubtably improve our team but based on the above, how the hell do we pay them?!?!

That said, Faddy especially turning out for Motherwell could bring anything between 1500 and 2000 extra bodies through the door.

Might even tempt back the folk who only turn up for the big games to attend more regularly?

There is no doubt we cannot afford Faddy on even what would be termed reasonabl wages and Faddy will clearly want to play at a higher level than us. However.......

he currently has no deal on the table.

he is training with us.

he has a soft spot for the club

playing a couple of champions league/europa league games against decent opposition might just get him the move he is looking for.

terms and conditions maybe an issue but if you dont ask you dont get. tell the boy what we can afford and see what he says.

and ffs let us at least dream it may be possible. fed up with all this negative shite.

lets talk the club up. encourage folk to buy season tickets, invest in the Well Society, buy the third kit, bring pals to the games. Rangers are gone. Lets build our club instead of just accepting that we are f**ked!

I believe!

• Like 1

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want McFadden or Clarkson back. McFadden could have 2 broken legs and still offer more than that donkey Higdon. We saw it when we played rangers in the last game of the season when Ojamaa and Murphy started. Playing with two mobile strikers is far more efficient against good opposition compared to playing an immobile lump who cant hold up the ball.

Well fucking said. That game against rangers was one of our most exciting attacking performances of the season. Does anyone honestly look forward to watching Higdon play next season? He's OK, right, he 'does a job', but if we can replace him with a mobile forward it can completely change our team for the better, especially against higher quality opposition IMO.

• Like 1

Yes. When he was younger and fitter he was capable of turning it on even at international level. Injuries and sitting on the bench for extended periods has seen some of that diminish.

An old saying that is still apt.

Form is temporary class is permanent.

I heard a wee rumour of this a while ago as my extended family is friendly with his wife's family and he wanted to get his op out of the way before deciding on anything. But by all accounts he will do an Ojamma and play for bus fare for a short while to kick start his career again. I think 6 months is very over optimistic by some people tho.