2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Improve in what way?

The elimination of Scottish teams from European competition before the end of August represents the worst set of results for the nation's clubs since continental competition began.

I dont know the answer, if im honest but working from grass roots and football in schools might have something to do with it.

The way kids train, the conditions they train in,

the support from the government.

German grass root football teams have the full backing of the government, from the early days of pre school untill they are adults.

Giving them support and training facilities, which are of a high standard, and use of qualified football coaches.

Get these issues right and Scottish football can move forward.

Rangers situation only compiles the problems even further.

And currently not having a dedicated Reserve Team football League, is detrimental to the Scottish game.

The elimination of Scottish teams from European competition before the end of August represents the worst set of results for the nation's clubs since continental competition began.

That in no way remotely answers my question.

EDIT: Just noticed you added more. The whole grass roots and changing of how we bring young players through is supposed to be underway with Mark Wotte bring brought in. However, if we ever want to see any improvements in the Scottish game as a whole, we need to start by getting rid of Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

Highlights the difference in quality if you ask me, all Scottish clubs were knocked out early doors while the likes of Huddersfield and Brentford lit up european football last season.

A very good point, but of course the likes of Huddersfield and Brentford play much further down the League pyramid and have next to no chance of qualifying for Europe.

Dont get me wrong im sure Everton have done the same as Rangers and Celtic in the past and been eliminated before the competiton has even started.

Finances are obviously a major factor, and im sure you will agree, Out with Celtic and Rangers (Before investigation) Scottish clubs compete with Conference League teams on a financial footing.

A very good point, but of course the likes of Huddersfield and Brentford play much further down the League pyramid and have next to no chance of qualifying for Europe.

Dont get me wrong im sure Everton have done the same as Rangers and Celtic in the past and been eliminated before the competiton has even started.

Finances are obviously a major factor, and im sure you will agree, Out with Celtic and Rangers (Before investigation) Scottish clubs compete with Conference League teams on a financial footing.

League one teams can't qualify for Europe through their league? Every day is a school day :dash2:

Imagine the doing Tranmere would give Celtic at Parkheid. It would be humbling!

Another good point (Tranmere would equally exit European Football at the same stage Celtic would.

League one teams can't qualify for Europe through their league? Every day is a school day :dash2:

I know that! hence the next to no chance of being in Europe point!

Of course they could always win the FA CUP or League CUP.

I think the point is you started by saying Celtic and Rangers are maybe top end League 1 standard and the rest are League 2 standard then tried to justify that absolute nonsense by looking at European results. :blink:

Unfortunately this is what happens due to a serious lack of any ins and / or outs but thankfully it appears that you are the only person on the planet who believes these ramblings.

• Like 1

Another good point (Tranmere would equally exit European Football at the same stage Celtic would.

No they wouldn't as they would enter before Celtic and get rattled off a seeded team.

However even discussing Tranmere's chances in Europe is beyond mental.

I think the point is you started by saying Celtic and Rangers are maybe top end League 1 standard and the rest are League 2 standard then tried to justify that absolute nonsense by looking at European results. :blink:

Unfortunately this is what happens due to a serious lack of any ins and / or outs but thankfully it appears that you are the only person on the planet who believes these ramblings.

laugh.gif

I may live in dreamland, but am I the only one who thinks we wouldn't be relegated from the premier league? Not saying we could beat every teams - because we cant - but we are better than the dross that went down last year surely?

Although, this is all highly off topic.

Hopefully we sign someone soon for Dazzer and DEWELL to have a right winge and class them as "another Casagolda"

Ramsden will be hopefully shine for us tomorrow. Another experienced head is NEVER a bad thing.

• Like 1

I may live in dreamland, but am I the only one who thinks we wouldn't be relegated from the premier league? Not saying we could beat every teams - because we cant - but we are better than the dross that went down last year surely?

I doubt it, I think the main differenece is the pace of the prem is A LOT faster than anything up here. As much as they talk about our game being really physical and gritty, the prem is full of proper athletes - you have to have the strength and stamina to survive there.

You never know, someone League 1 or 2 might fancy putting in a bid for Omar Daley.

Edit: Oops, sorry posted this in the wrong place I think! Was looking for the transfer thread, mods can remove my off-topic post if they wish.