2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Bit annoyed with this from mcall I know that there is hardly any money but I am not buying sky walking away! Doncaster should have been looking into this!

the tv rights must be worth more than 3 million! We must be able to get in two youth players on loan and another foriegn player we got rid of craigan Jennings and Clancy they must be a small contract available I understand if players in the English leagues don't want to come up but seriously Portuguese French south American or eastern Europeans must be out there

So u believe that without rangers we will be worse off?? Are u mad? We will divide up the money more equatably we will get more fans back through thr gates and will finish 1 space higher than normal! We will have short term short fall and long term rise! I don't believe we have loads of money but we can afford two loan players (since there free!) and one foreigner (on a smallish wage) to add to our youth players and players we have here!

So u believe that without rangers we will be worse off?? Are u mad? We will divide up the money more equatably we will get more fans back through thr gates and will finish 1 space higher than normal! We will have short term short fall and long term rise! I don't believe we have loads of money but we can afford two loan players (since there free!) and one foreigner (on a smallish wage) to add to our youth players and players we have here!

smeddum I think you need to wait for the numbers from the club

I think that just meeting the current expenditure will be a problem, let alone spending more

the additional income you are guessing at will help the situation if it arrives

but right now the club is facing a substantial loss the amount of that loss depends on media income which is why the situation needs to be finalised and numbers declared

afaik the club made a loss to date in the current year, hence there was a fair chuck cut out the budget already, and with the Rangers debacle there is another unknown amount that will be missing from the budget due to the potential loss of TV revenue

that unknown amount is what is almost guaranteed to hamper any signings

1342365024[/url]' post='350271']

We can? Loan players are free? Deary me... Take yer nose out that glue bag.

• Like 2

We will have short term short fall and long term rise!

This is called cash flow. If we have short term shortfall and cannot pay our bill / wages, we go into administration. Simple. Doesnt matter about any "long term rise" you speak of.

You predict more fans through the gates, but this is by no means certain. What is certain, is that we are going to be worse off without Rangers in the league. The full repercussions will not be known for some time yet.

• Like 2

This is called cash flow. If we have short term shortfall and cannot pay our bill / wages, we go into administration. Simple. Doesnt matter about any "long term rise" you speak of.

too many of the dreamers on here can't seem to realise that.

we are on a precipice at the moment and if we don't recieve this next television payment we are up shit creek. due to the sheer idiocy of the average scottish football fan a situation that could have been dealt with simply will probably end up killing a few clubs that have done nothing to deserve it.

Tell me how the clubs could not done anything about it. Any cunt and their dog knew Rangers were heading for liquidation on 14 February 2012?

Yet they still went on to agree after this date a TV contract that said if either Old Firm are out of the SPL it can be null and void.

They then went on to vote Rangers out of SPL giving the line Sporting Integrity but it was actually because they'd hope the SFL would rip up 50 odd years of the way they ran their league - after the SPL sent them packing 15 years ago.

I am sick of the teams (and people higher up) blaming the fall on the fall for Rangers when it was obvious back in February that there was no way for Rangers to recover.

• Like 2

The situation is no where near as bad as some folk are suggesting ..its actually a lot worse .FFS its been difficult enough for clubs without further cutbacks, and I for one will be happy if at the end of this season we all still have a club to support. Time some had a big reality check.:wallbash:

• Like 1

MOTHERWELL ARE NOT GOING INTO ADMINSTRATION OR LIQUADATION!

Stop drinking the coolade people what money have we lost two games against rangers and we have gained two full houses against european teams plus dividing the tv money fairly which will hopefully happen on Monday but def will happen this season!

Is anyone telling me we spent money on offiong gunning etc we couldn't afford there wages then! We will have to wait till England gets closer to there season and divide up there squads! But there will be players there to give experience too!

This negativity is shocking I am not expecting 10 world class players coming in just for our manager to say the league tv money will fall to 3 million is embarrassing IMO. Did anyone see sky sports on Friday they switched over from the biggest story in Scottish football for a trial on 1 player! They don't care about Scottish football neither do 99% of English people and this includes the old firm there tiny clubs in the scheme of things! The tv will prob shrink slightly but we will get more of it fans will come back to the gates and hopefully with a 16 team league!

But in the short term we will be negligible to slightly worse off. But would be disappointed if we don't show a small amount of ambition and get a couple of players in!

Stop drinking the coolade people what money have we lost two games against rangers and we have gained two full houses against european teams

We've never managed a full house against a European team before, even when we were 90 minutes away from the group stages... what makes you think we'll manage two this time around?

Nobody knows what the eventual outcome will be.

The club expect to lose several hundred 000 £'s for Rangers being out the SPL, from hospitality and the 2 home games we would ordinarily budget for. We can survive that with the help of 2 home Euro ties (probably only 2) and the fact we have made no signings and got rid of 10 players.

But if SKY re-nogotiate anything like to the level that Regan and Doncaster have been forecasting, then a handful of clubs in the SPL will be facing administration and one of those clubs could be Motherwell. We have the Well Society money and that + extra pledges from fans may see us to the end of this season.

My hope is that Sky stick with what is on the table and we move on. If they reduce the deal then only by a small %, so that a more equitable distribution amongst the SPL mean any more reductions in income can be kept to a minimum.

Sadly right now Sky + ESPN are calling the shots. It is annoying and depressing, but my hope is the damage to their brand and subscription numbers north of the border will mean they will take a pragmatic view.

• Like 2

I'd blame Rangers rather than Scottish football fans. If they hadn't ripped the pish then they would have to be dealt with so heavily.

i blame the people who insisted that the appropiate response to rangers' financial irresponsibilty was to force other clubs into effective insolvency. stupidity met head on with more stupidity.

i sincerely hope we somehow avoid admin but if we do end up going down that road there are a lot of fans who need to take a good look themselves.

i blame the people who insisted that the appropiate response to rangers' financial irresponsibilty was to force other clubs into effective insolvency. stupidity met head on with more stupidity.

i sincerely hope we somehow avoid admin but if we do end up going down that road there are a lot of fans who need to take a good look themselves.

So you blame the owners of the clubs. Glad we agree :thumbup:

There are many directions fingers could be pointed but towards genuine fans sick of hanging onto the Old Firm coat-tails? Nah, Rangers first, suits who signed stupid contracts, weak minded club chairman who allowed us to get into the position of erlying on TV and Old Firm cash in the first place....oh aye, whole long list before you get down ordinary fans looking for the right thing to be done for the good of the game.

• Like 1

i blame the people who insisted that the appropriate response to rangers' financial responsibility was to force other clubs into effective insolvency. stupidity met head on with more stupidity.

A lot of fans were were very vocal not because of any " sporting integrity" bullshit and more to do with religious bigotry [especially celtic fans] and a hatred of all things Rangers. :nod:

David Murray, Craig Whyte, Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster, Campbell Ogilvie etc etc need to look at themselves.

I'll never spend another penny on a rigged football game and I'm scunnered that so many that I payed into in the past were rigged. As if any of the old firm teams needed to fuckin cheat. Fuck sake for them it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Stupidity is paying yourself in to a rigged football game. Then begging to do it some more

So when it comes to cause and effect you blame the effect rather than the cause. That is like when David Cameron blamed the police for the London riots, ignoring social inequality, poverty, racial tension, a failing inner city education system and the growing divide between the rich and the poor. You would make a good politician.

• Like 1

David Murray, Craig Whyte, Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster, Campbell Ogilvie etc etc need to look at themselves.

I'll never spend another penny on a rigged football game and I'm scunnered that so many that I payed into in the past were rigged. As if any of the old firm teams needed to fuckin cheat. Fuck sake for them it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Stupidity is paying yourself in to a rigged football game. Then begging to do it some more

what 'rigged games'?

you've lost the plot.