2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Stu, please read my post again, including the part quoted from Muzz .............................. I said nothing about it being OK to castigate our own players, and the reference to the quality of a side from decades ago serves to highlight the alarming decline in the beautiful game. Lastly, as a lifelong Motherwell fan why on earth would I refuse to celebrate any achievement ? Beit the SPL, the Isle of Man Tourny, the Lanarkshire Cup, or anything else. No matter the quality on offer, finishing ahead of the opposition is the end game for a professional FC surely.

His post was about how embarrassing it is that some our players are treated so poorly, especially considering all we achieved last season. Still don't see how you mentioning the quality of past Motherwell teams has ANYTHING to do with Muzz's post.

Not really interested in debating it either as it's detracting from Dazzer's spectacular efforts in this thread...

If Ryan Stevenson joins he should provide a strong physical presence and a goal threat. Quite impressed that we're going for this.

The Humph story looks less likely. However if he goes hell be missed. He seems a great lad and he appears to have genuine affection for the support. And he'll go to them at the end of the game win, lose or draw.

I actually think that with the pace Celtic have in attack he may prove to be a tad more effective than he is here.

Hugely disappointed. Thought the 'offensive' post was actually going to be offensive. Let down.

laugh.giffacepalm.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing! Opened up the thread after I saw Dazzer greeting in the Shoutbox and spent a few minutes looking for another post by Frazzle as that surely couldn't be it... laugh.gif

I'm on my mobile so can't get the shoutbox. Slightly bemused that I've caused a stir. Ho hum.

According to the Bugs & Glitches forum, you are now also called Frazzie.

I was also Gutted to find out we didn't have a member called frazzie

frazzie.JPG

It's obvious now that everyone knows I wasn't being racist, but my last word (maybe) on the subject is that I was not bashing Humphrey either. He seems a good guy and think he does a decent job for us.

As someone rightly pointed out, I was having a light-hearted pop at the OTT nonsense that players who sign for Celtic always pedal to the media and their gullible fans love to lap up.

So, just to clarify the post beyond all doubt....

Things Frazzle likes: Chris Humphrey, Jamaica, Wooden huts.

Things Frazzle dislikes; Celtic.

Comprende?

• Like 4

It's obvious now that everyone knows I wasn't being racist, but my last word (maybe) on the subject is that I was not bashing Humphrey either. He seems a good guy and think he does a decent job for us.

As someone rightly pointed out, I was having a light-hearted pop at the OTT nonsense that players who sign for Celtic always pedal to the media and their gullible fans love to lap up.

So, just to clarify the post beyond all doubt....

Things Frazzle likes: Chris Humphrey, Jamaica, Wooden huts.

Things Frazzle dislikes; Celtic.

Comprende?

No one cares about that shite, just you get yer name changed to Frazzie

It's a bit of a stretch but the only explanation for Dazzers offense I can come up with is that he doesn't realise that Humph is actually Jamaican, and sees the mention of Jamaica as some sort of reference to the colour of his skin?

It's not like a polis to be that thick or ignorant though so it's unlikely whistling.gif

Ryan Stevenson would be a great, if strange signing for us given that he'd have been earning far more than we could offer at his two previous clubs. Scored a fair few goals from midfield when he was at Hearts as I remember.

I don't think we'll get him though and wouldn't be atall surprised to see him sign for Aberdeen or even return to Hearts.

• Like 1

Must be like all of his birthdays rolled into one when we sign a decent player though....

Considering some of the nonsense that the eternal optimists have been getting all moist about, I think I'd rather side with the pessimists and enjoy whoever we can get, whenever we can afford it.