2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

You usually deal in facts , disappointed you resort to exaggeration with this subject

It was a typo on the 3 years (I meant 2), but the stats are thus:

He played 8 games on 2011/2012 season, 7 of them as a sub.

He played 8 games in 2010/2011 season, 2 of them as a sub.

A player that I've watched lift an entire stadium of fans many times in the last ten years, and take on whole teams when others were hiding and passing the buck to him

Sadly, I haven't seen much of that in the last 5 years including his last spell at Birmingham.

But yes we need a central midfielder or at least a manager that will at least try and develop a youth player instead of fucking about with defenders in there

On that we agree.

Most importantly, I have seen nothing to indicate he is interested in playing for us right now.

He ran thru the entire macedonian team and scored in late 2009 :blink:

Around 2008 - 2009 he was also in the teams that lost 1 - 0 to Macedonia, 4 - 0 to Norway and 3 - 0 to Wales, drew 0 - 0 with Northern Ireland and drew 0 - 0 with Wales.

Of course he has a load of talent at his disposal, but he has had the kind of injuries that can wreck a career and unless we could get his services at a serious discount (which we couldn't when we tried) I see it as too big of a gamble.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle here and don't expect many people to agree with me. I just think the timing is all wrong for the club and, moreover, McFadden himself.

While we need a Jenno type replacement, in my opinion we also need a naturally left sided midfielder/winger type and if the Belgian guy comes in and can take a man on then so much the better.

I don't want to turn this into a Jamie Murphy or Chris Humphrey bashing session, but on Sunday and in recent games I don't think either of them have been decisive enough when in an attacking position. Too often they either cut inside, or go back to their own full back and the momentum is lost. I accept that they are often given balls when they have no real chance to square up their full back and can only keep possession, but there are also times when we need someone who will take the ball in these situations and commit the full back and either beat him or draw a foul.

I don't want to turn this into a Jamie Murphy or Chris Humphrey bashing session, but on Sunday and in recent games I don't think either of them have been decisive enough when in an attacking position. Too often they either cut inside, or go back to their own full back and the momentum is lost. I accept that they are often given balls when they have no real chance to square up their full back and can only keep possession, but there are also times when we need someone who will take the ball in these situations and commit the full back and either beat him or draw a foul.

totally agree - and it pains me to praise anyone related to that mob, but the best example of this in Scotland just now is James Forrest

Did Noah Dosser not mention in a post something along the lines of "new signing Axel" a couple of days ago.

I took from the lack of take up of that comment that it must have been fairly well known and I'd just missed it. Perhaps not? Also given Noah's knowledge of the U20 set up I presumed he was being considered for the 20's rather than first team, although I could be well off the mark with that.

Looks to me like we have been holding out to see what happens to Faddy before signing this guy.

Wikiepdia (for what it's worth) has him listed as centre-mid.

EDIT: maybe not Wiki, but I found it somewhere earlier in the thread! :P

EDIT EDIT: Found it. Says he's a right footed midfielder here, but no idea how accurate.

Fox in the Box off to Malta........

Francis Jeffers opens talks over move to Malta's Floriana

Former Arsenal and Everton striker Francis Jeffers is in talks with Maltese Premier League club Floriana.

Jeffers, 31, was at Australian club Newcastle Jets last season but has opened discussions with Floriana, who also hope to sign former Fulham keeper Tony Warner, 38.

Who are Floriana?

• 25-times champions of Malta.
  • In 2012 Floriana signed a partnership agreement with British investor Stephen Vaughan.
  • Lost 12-0 on aggregate to Sweden's Elfsborg in the Europa League qualifying round, with the second leg in Malta attracting a crowd of just 266.

"We hope to finalise all contract terms before the eagerly anticipated derby against Valletta on 20 October," said a statement on Floriana's website.

Floriana are seventh in the table.

Jeffers started his career at Everton before completing a £10m move to Arsenal in 2001.

His career has also taken him to Charlton, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle Jets and Motherwell.

In addition, Jeffers has had loan spells back at Everton, Rangers and Ipswich. He made one appearance for England, scoring as a substitute in a 3-1 defeat to Australia at Upton Park in 2003.