2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Straight from the Football Rumours Site

02 Dec 2012 22:00:27

Derby County are Battling it out with Rangers for

Motherwell Trio who's Contracts are up at the end of the summer.Jamie Murphy,Chris Humpreys and Shaun Hutchinson Both teams are very keen to agree either small fees or Pre contract agreements in January

http://www.football-rumours.com

Good luck trying to sign Chris Humpreys.

• Like 2

If Hearts are forced to get rid of players in January , is mabye worthwhile that Mccall starts Looking at their players.

If any Zaliukas , Grainger or Taouil would improve our team.

McGowan would be a welcome addition, but nae chance of it happening. Taouil has been shite for Hearts though isn't a bad player, but Grainger is brutal.

If Hearts are forced to get rid of players in January , is mabye worthwhile that Mccall starts Looking at their players.

If any Zaliukas , Grainger or Taouil would improve our team.

grainger is utter shite, left back is the only area we are covered in and to top it off he's injured for the rest of the season.

but other than that we should definitely bring him in.

Grainger and Taouil wouldn't improve our team.

Zaliukas and/or Webster are the only Hearts players I'd say would improve our team but we couldn't come close to signing either of them who'll both be on about 5k a week at Hearts.

Edit- McGowan I forgot about is a decent player as well, but he'll be away down south or to Sevco again for far more than we could afford.

I agree there's absolutely no way we could afford him.

However, for anyone to suggest they'd turn down a very experienced centre-back at SPL and international level when all of our current central defenders are very young and extremely inexperienced beggars belief.

I agree there's absolutely no way we could afford him.

However, for anyone to suggest they'd turn down a very experienced centre-back at SPL and international level when all of our current central defenders are very young and extremely inexperienced beggars belief.

Garry Kenneth is an experienced SPL centre half with International experience as is Zander Diamond and both of them are absolutely horrific players. Webster is bollocks and has only one pass in his locker.

• Like 1

Garry Kenneth is an experienced SPL centre half with International experience as is Zander Diamond and both of them are absolutely horrific players. Webster is bollocks and has only one pass in his locker.

I don't disagree with your comments on Kenneth and Diamond. In fact, I'd say you were being generous in your description!

Personally, I wouldn't class Webster as being anywhere near as poor as those two - but hey, I'm maybe totally wrong. He's vastly experienced compared to our current set of centre-backs and an older, wiser head is something I feel we're badly needing.

Anyway, it's a moot point. We won't be signing him or anyone else from Hearts any time soon.

Andy Webster - 27 caps

Gary Kenneth - 2 caps(thanks to Levein)

Zander Diamond - 0 Caps

Bit of a difference.

Not to mention Webster was part of the last team to split the OF, captained Dundee United to 3rd place and the Scottish cup and was nominated for PFA player of the year for the season he had there and has since went back to Hearts and got another 3rd place finish and another Scottish cup.

He's a far better player than the one's you've mentioned and for me a better defender than anything we have. Would love to have him at Fir Park.

However as has already been said we have absolutely no chance of getting him.

Andy Webster - 27 caps

Gary Kenneth - 2 caps(thanks to Levein)

Zander Diamond - 0 Caps

Bit of a difference.

Not to mention Webster was part of the last team to split the OF, captained Dundee United to 3rd place and the Scottish cup and was nominated for PFA player of the year for the season he had there and has since went back to Hearts and got another 3rd place finish and another Scottish cup.

He's a far better player than the one's you've mentioned and for me a better defender than anything we have. Would love to have him at Fir Park.

However as has already been said we have absolutely no chance of getting him.

27 more caps than he should have, more an indication of how terribly inadequate Scotland are at the back. A shite player and I've always looked forward to Motherwell playing a team with him in it as our strikers have been raping him over the course of his career. He has the turning circle of the Emma Maersk, pace of an amputee and can only play a long ball forward in the hope that someone gets on to it, usually causing his side to gift possession straight back to the opposition, but hey, he's good in the air...

• Like 1

27 more caps than he should have, more an indication of how terribly inadequate Scotland are at the back. A shite player and I've always looked forward to Motherwell playing a team with him in it as our strikers have been raping him over the course of his career. He has the turning circle of the Emma Maersk, pace of an amputee and can only play a long ball forward in the hope that someone gets on to it, usually causing his side to gift possession straight back to the opposition, but hey, he's good in the air...

Remind me how many goals our strikers gave managed against him in our last two games.....

Webster is nowhere near the player he used to be first time round with Hearts, injuries have seen to that. Thats when he won the majority of his caps. But he is still a decent player and would be great for Hutch or Cummins to learn from.