2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

He would be off his head going to league 1.

While Im not sure he's good enough to feature week in/week out in the championship, there will defo be Championship teams interested in picking him up for free in the summer.

League 1 = English 3rd division, you have to hand it to the marketing folk down south, their product is served to folk in an attractive way, but ffs it's the 3rd tier.

Personally, I think Murphy needs a good team around him and a bit more bulk to fulfil his potential

200k for murphy would be shite considering the prize money up for grabs if 2nd is achieved. I expect us to lose a player or two in January but really hope we don't fuck this up considering.

And with all respect, the youngsters they are offering dont fill me with confidence. Youngsters who can't get a game in the premiership, aye maybe.....youngsters who can't get a game in league 1? Hmmm....

Or what if we sold him for £200k and still finished 2nd?

League 1 = English 3rd division, you have to hand it to the marketing folk down south, their product is served to folk in an attractive way, but ffs it's the 3rd tier.

Personally, I think Murphy needs a good team around him and a bit more bulk to fulfil his potential

it may well be their 3rd tier - but they can offer loads more that what we can, playing in front of 15-20k every week

Sheff Utd are huge in comparison to us - they have looked good this year, and chances are they will go up - so he goes to them, plays in League 1 and helps them into the Championship - is that really that bad?! me thinks not!!!

what concerns me........what is HE looking for? why did he not fancy Blackpool?

wherever he goes, and he should go, for the sake of his own career - he goes with our best wishes

as long as he doesn't end up at either of the ugly sisters!

I had heard that Sevco were very keen to snap him up on a pre contract. Sally McMoist is a big fan of Murphy, but I am not sure if he would be happy to play in the Scottish lower leagues for a few years. The money on offer might persuade him though.

I'll be sad to see Jamie murphy go, so many memories from our top european goalscorer of all time, my favourite goal had to be the one against st johnstone in the semi final of the cup.

He has been a credit to the club and no matter where he ends up (including the old firm) i wish him all the best, an excellent and loyal servant to motherwell football club.

I hope if he goes he gets to reap the rewards of one of the best young football talents to come out of motherwell in recent years.

Heres hoping we see you in a scotland jersey soon.

• Like 1

The new goal machine:

https://www.facebook.com/donkor.striker

Get him signed up. He'll play for dinner and a plane ticket for him and his family.

i am very respectfull boy and i love people and jesus, christ, i am very cool boy and love football and i want to a great player,God is in control. amen.GOALS ARE MY BUSINESS. i play both left and rigth,i am striker donkor douglas, the next diego maradona, watch out. goals machine and am dangerious striker, very strong, speed and dribbling. from ghana, the next maradona. My mobile number 00233247711665 or 0247711665 stay bless

Just shows you what can happen due to bad management/bad luck.

If we had allowed Reynolds go to Rangers and if Murphy has chosen to go to Blackpool last year, we'd have received around £1.25m-£1.5m.

Now seems we'll get £200k for the pair.

I've never been Jamie's biggest fan, but I'll wish him all the best when moves on. A good servant to MFC.

Will be sorry to see Murphy leave. Lot's of good memories of watching him. These things happen though.

Will be really disappointed if it's for less than 200k also to be honest. The money that's floating about in the English leagues is insane and when you consider what Aberdeen got for that donkey Foster....

Just shows you what can happen due to bad management/bad luck.

If we had allowed Reynolds go to Rangers and if Murphy has chosen to go to Blackpool last year, we'd have received around £1.25m-£1.5m.

Now seems we'll get £200k for the pair.

I've never been Jamie's biggest fan, but I'll wish him all the best when moves on. A good servant to MFC.

If Rangers had paid us big IF there. Never believed that was genuine bid anyway

I don't understand why we have set an asking price of 100k for murphy. How would we not get more than that in compensation, given that Aberdeen got 200k compensation for grimmer?

Where does it say we have set £100k as the price for Murphy?

Wilst the club need to sell players every so often to balance the books, letting them go for a pittance is counter productive, especially when we are surely entitled to a decent wedge in compensation for a player thats been at the club around 10 years. Thats 10 years of investment in his career. Not much point in continuing our youth production if the top men at the club value the time and effort in developing these players so lowly.

We say it every time a transfer window arrives, but our club really needs to grow a set when negotiating, especially when we constantly asking the fans to keep providing additional monies. Sell on fees are a gamble, and given our club only seems to deal with the present funding, then its strange they even entertain such deals.