2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I can't see the sense of us inviting offers if we would get compo at the end of the season.

Am I missing something?

Regardless, I hope he gets a move that fulfils his potential. Would love to see him in a Scotland jersey.

I m sure I read somewhere that at one of the Well Society meetings it was discussed that if we went out the cup in the 4th Round and we failed to sell a player in January that we would have a cash flow problem by March. Well we went out the cup so that only leaves one option.

Why such a shortfall? given the tv monies is much the same, squad cutback and rangers league cup revenue, extra monies from europe? Whilst i appreciate it aint cheap running a football club, it seems we are losing a hell of alot of money somewhere. Also how can there be cash flow problems when the society raised £300k?? One of the reasons for the society being setup.

Why such a shortfall? given the tv monies is much the same, squad cutback and rangers league cup revenue, extra monies from europe? Whilst i appreciate it aint cheap running a football club, it seems we are losing a hell of alot of money somewhere. Also how can there be cash flow problems when the society raised £300k?? One of the reasons for the society being setup.

Yeah couldn't 't the well society funds get us through to the summer knowing that Murphy would get us decent compensation.

If funds are so tight, our cup performances bewilder me.

I'm sure the tv payments are scattered throughout the year and timing is just bad, Don't get me wrong I am surprised we are having cash flow problems too.

I too have wondered why the club don't use the Society funds, perhaps it's not allowed at this moment in time or perhaps that's just what they'll do.

Interesting news on twitter:

BREAKING: http://Poznan.sport.pl say they are about to announce the name of a player Lech Poznan are supposed to have just bought.

The player is supposedly Estonian Henrik Ojamaa from Motherwell. Supposed to be coming over for 200k euro. #Lech #Ekstraklasa

http://www.poznan.sport.pl/sport-poznan/1,124479,13075298,Lech_Poznan_kupil_reprezentanta_Estonii__Szkoci_potwierdzaja.html

Most clubs suffer cashflow problems during the January - March period. Season ticket monies have been used up and prize monies won't be paid out for some months yet. Probably the Society is not quite in a position yet to plug the gap.

Interesting news on twitter:

BREAKING: http://Poznan.sport.pl say they are about to announce the name of a player Lech Poznan are supposed to have just bought.

The player is supposedly Estonian Henrik Ojamaa from Motherwell. Supposed to be coming over for 200k euro. #Lech #Ekstraklasa

http://www.poznan.sp...twierdzaja.html

Ojamaa has not been scoring this season, but he has been creating, which is what he was brought in to do. He has constantly been one of our best players on the park. With a season and a half left on his contract he cannot be sold for £160,000 surely? Not with what is up for grabs this season for 2nd place. If someone wants Ojamaa I think we should be asking for £500,000 +

ojamaa has been murder this season.

it has never been easier to score in this league and he has 1 goal in 24 appearances. he looked better when he was playing a bit deeper in the final half hour on saturday but has been largely ineffective up front. if we get the chance to cash out we should bite their hands off.

• Like 1

Also rumours of a sell on clause.

And sure to have a sell-on clause in the contract should he be making a move after Lech.
Appreciate all the responses. A bargain at 200k if true. Of course Lech will hope to sell him on in a few years for much more.

If the fee for Ojamma lets us keep Law or Randolph then it isn't so bad a deal. Not sure likely to be the case. I like Ojamma and think despite not being as prolific this season he still offers something but I'd certainly hope this deal had add on's if he does well. It a bit of a snip for a promising young player.

whilst all this stuff is just rumours

it would be nice for everyone to remember that during the summer some very real financial figures were put to the fans

the board has been realatively open with how it is

and have been very clear for a number of years , that players must be sold,

the transfer marker hasnt been kind to us for a long time, but reality is the club were heading for a loss before the cup exit and bills have to be paid

couple hundred thousand with sell on clauses for a player that signed up a year ago for expenses would and should not be sniffed at imho

edit: besides, we've got a couple of players readily available, that can match his performances to date as good as they were

• Like 1

whilst all this stuff is just rumours

it would be nice for everyone to remember that during the summer some very real financial figures were put to the fans

the board has been realatively open with how it is

and have been very clear for a number of years , that players must be sold,

the transfer marker hasnt been kind to us for a long time, but reality is the club were heading for a loss before the cup exit and bills have to be paid

couple hundred thousand with sell on clauses for a player that signed up a year ago for expenses would and should not be sniffed at imho

edit: besides, we've got a couple of players readily available, that can match his performances to date as good as they were

Cometh the hour, cometh the Boab...

• Like 2