2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Fight for second and even top 6 well & truly fucked now if this is true. Ojamaa & Murphy gone for peanuts to be replaced by Omar & McHugh and that's before Randolph,Hutch,Hateley,Humphrey & Law are sold in jan. we bring any new signings in of our own. Gutting!

No' sae gutting! We're Motherwell, players move on and we move on

No' sae gutting! We're Motherwell, players move on and we move on

Agree with you there, but if its more than one or two players then it will be a real kick in the baws and a struggle for the second half of the season.

£160k is a decent profit for Ojamma, but given we are probably going to lose Higgy in the summer it would be nice to see an on the deck strike force of Henrick and Boab in 2013.

Given that Henriks contract doesnt run out until August 2014 and we are still in the running for 2nd place and the money that goes with it, there is no way we should be accepting such a derisory amount. That would be very poor business indeed.

• Like 1

I'm resigned to losing our best players, it's that nature of the beast for Motherwel, and coupled with the early exit from the cup combined with the fact we haven't sold someone for quite a few windows, it's inevitable.

It's just frustrating and disappointing the fees involved are always such a pittance.

Someone hinted a few posts/pages up that cashflow is going to be an issue in the next couple of months.

Cashflow problems are what put the majority of businesses out the game!

If selling Henrick keeps the wolves from the door then thats what its got to be.

Still a kick in the baws though, particularly if we also lose another few first teamers.

Fight for second and even top 6 well & truly fucked now if this is true. Ojamaa & Murphy gone for peanuts to be replaced by Omar & McHugh and that's before Randolph,Hutch,Hateley,Humphrey & Law are sold in jan. Gutting!

You been hanging around MJC? Whilst I expect nearly if not all those players to move on at the end of their contracts I seriously can't see us selling them all in January. If money is tight and bids come in I can see us selling one or two and bringing someone in to replace them in January but selling them all would require clubs offering stupid fees.

Fight for second and even top 6 well & truly fucked now if this is true. Ojamaa & Murphy gone for peanuts to be replaced by Omar & McHugh and that's before Randolph,Hutch,Hateley,Humphrey & Law are sold in jan. Gutting!

What would be gutting would be going out the game because we had no cash to pay our players or the bills. Perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic there but who knows? I don't think the club would even consider a derisory offer like 175k for Ojamaa if they had a choice so if they do accept it then they probably don't. Motherwell being financially stable or Henrik Ojamaa? It's a no brainer eh?

Who says they are gone? Who says they won't be replaced?

We have lost better players than those 2 and gone on to not only survive, but improve.

It's not like this is a new situation for us and we seem to cope. Financially we have taken a hit recently because of our lack of selling, so it's inevitable that sooner rather than later we need to shift some bodies out the door.

I thought Ojamaa's form was poor at the start of the season (for example Panathanikos home saw 10 passmarks and him for me) but I reckon since he was benched and came back into the side he has been very good. He is the best foil for Higdon at centre forward and he has been highly creative, I'd like to see many he has assisted. When he arrived, he wasn't touted as much of a goalscorer, more of a creator and his early purple patch probably served to raise expectations. Taking all of that into consideration, accepting less than £200,000 when he has eighteen months left on his contract would lack ambition my part. He is not a tenth of the player David Goodwillie is. But if the cash injection really boosted the club then so be it. I just wish like others have said, that we had better negotiation skills regards selling our players, perhaps similarly to Dundee United. Goodwillie has not made an impact whatsoever down south yet they managed to make a pretty penny off him, I wish we had more of a brass neck.

That said, if you look at it from a business perspective- if you had said this time last year that we would sign a forward who would score 9 goals before the end of the season and resurge the seemingly stagnant season and have a selling value of £165,000 in a year, it would seem a good move.

Its funny, the older I get, the less I care if players leave or not.

I can remember worrring myself sick about Faddy leaving, but now the prospect of Murphy, Ojamma or any of the other players, bar none, leaving doesnt worry me in the slightest. Maybe its because of our recent success in the transfer market (in terms of replacing players who have left) but I'm happy to let the Club do what they believe is best for MFC on and off teh park during the transfer window.

• Like 3

If im honest, I cant see anyone leaving in the Jan window, yes some might have there suitors, but for the sake of a few months they can get them on a free. times are hard, unless Motherwell are ready to accept peanuts in January. ie Bids like 60 k for Murphy, it wont happen.

Motherwell undoubtedly will lose 60percent of its first team squad in the Summer.

Now the question is if they turn down silly money (ie 60k) for Murphy, with a chance of getting nothing for the lad in the Summer, they must way up the financial benfits either keep him therfore rejecting bids in the hope that Motherwell will qualify for Europe next season, or accept the money and have little or no chance of getting anywhere in the league.

I can see a number of daft bids coming in, within the window on the off chance of Motherwell accepting a 85% January sales value. The decision will ultimately lie with the board.

Players that will be impossible to replace on the budget Motherwell are expected to have (As i dont know) just guessing.

OJ,Murphy,Randolph, Humphrey I would say each of those players could merit a bid from someone else.

Murphy and Randolph and Humphrey in real terms could be valued at (between 200k and 400k) maybe more, but clubs wont pay that, when they are free in the Summer.

I say if we lose three of the fours stated above, Motherwelll will struggle to finnish in the top 6.

Im not sure how much money Motherwell made through Europe, but im guessing it isnt much.

OJ, Murphy, Randolph, and Humphrey are pretty much the back bone of the McCall starting eleven.

Will Motherwell be able to replace those players above for 60k each, I very much doubt it, but would having 300k for the lot help the kitty in the short term, very much so.

Decision time for the board! Ouch :blush: