2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

170k for a first team player with 2 years left on his contract is utterly shite, whether he was free in the first place or not. The fact that he's on small wages is a reason to keep him on.

IMO Ojamaa brings at least as much to the team as Murphy and we're talking about 200k+ for him when he only has 6 months left!

• Like 4

We need the money in January to ease cashflow problems as every year. But now we are out of both cups and crowds are down times are tough. You can bet your last quid we will be sellin shortly and don't kid on its a surprise when we do .Management team started the sales pitch 4 weeks ago . We need to put our faith in McCall to sell and buy as best the finances allow

Has ZFA even played a full game for us yet? Not 100% sure he has. Maybe one in Europe? Yet you prefer him to the most experienced SPL player ever? Mental. Absolutely mental.

Don't think Zaine should be in front of Hammy, but since you are asking he has played four full league games this season.

Im ok about letting Ojamma go for 160 grand. His career has stalled a wee bit and we need the dosh. But 60 grand for Murphy???? :laugh::wallbash: . We cannae accept that. Im reading we'd take 100grand for him. Aye and the 2 players on loan also. I think they'll both go in January along with Randolph and he BETTER not go for less than 500 grand. Needs must and we're out of europe and both cups. :blink:

I Like ZFA, looks a good prospect, I actually prefer him at LB than Hammy at present!

I'd go along with that, although ZFA is still a bit raw. Stevie has suffered from lack of competition for some years now and has looked weak defensively all season. To be fair though Jamie Murphy in front of him is not the best defender in the world and has not provided the cover Stevie badly needs. Maybe time to show faith in youth!

• Like 2

Randolph is on a par with Forster i'd say and he was bought for £2million. What are the chances of us getting anywhere near that for him?!

Considering they can get him for nothing in the summer I'd say there is nae chance we'll get 2 million for him. If he had 4 years still to run then maybe.

Ojamma's one of the few first team players who isn't out of contract this season so when there's a good chance all that the out of contract players will be off seems it strange to be offloading one of the few still under contract.

Kind of makes sense to me. If we need to balance the books then what's the point in selling the guys whose contracts are almost up? By definition these are the guys whose value is lowest. By selling one player with longer left on his contract, we might make as much as we would selling two players who are out of contract in the summer. We might make as much selling Ojaama as we would selling both Humphrey and Murphy,

Just a thought...

Ojamma's one of the few first team players who isn't out of contract this season so when there's a good chance all that the out of contract players will be off seems it strange to be offloading one of the few still under contract.

It's what we SHOULD be doing - selling high. Hopefully this signals a change in our frustrating transfer policy

Im ok about letting Ojamma go for 160 grand. His career has stalled a wee bit and we need the dosh. But 60 grand for Murphy???? :laugh::wallbash: . We cannae accept that. Im reading we'd take 100grand for him. Aye and the 2 players on loan also. I think they'll both go in January along with Randolph and he BETTER not go for less than 500 grand. Needs must and we're out of europe and both cups. :blink:

His career has stalled a wee bit? I suppose if you look at the goalscoring impact he had last season compared to this. But after an indifferent start I reckon he settled into some decent form and has been a pretty important part of the team.

So I hope it turns out to be garbage and he stays but if we need the money and it is the best offer on the table then so be it.

Kind of makes sense to me. If we need to balance the books then what's the point in selling the guys whose contracts are almost up? By definition these are the guys whose value is lowest. By selling one player with longer left on his contract, we might make as much as we would selling two players who are out of contract in the summer. We might make as much selling Ojaama as we would selling both Humphrey and Murphy,

Just a thought...

Not necessarily, there many other factors. If 5 clubs want Murphy in Jan and only 1 wants Ojamma then could easily see the bids for the former go up. How much cash do the bidding clubs have sloshing around, a club flush with cash might be tempted to bid higher to get their man than ones looking purely for a bit of January bargain hunting.

Contract length clearly plays a big part in player valuation but it not the be all and end all. How much someone wants the player combined with resources and competition for him all come into play.

I still hoping we keep them all together(though if decent fee comes in and we can get a replacement I fine with that) and push on for 2nd place. We'll still likely lose a few in the summer but the financial reward should ease the pain of the rebuilding process.

A lot of the content of this topic reminds me of this type of scenario....

"well Jennings will be away in this window"

*Jennings stays*

"well obviously Jennings will be jumping ship in this window"

*Jennings stays*

"it's a dead cert that we'll lose Jennings in the summer"

*Jennings stays"

"It's not as if Jennings will be here past January"

*Jennings stays*

"we should just accept that Jennings won't be here next season"

*Jennings goes......*

"told you Jennings would be away".

• Like 1