2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Where is this nonsense coming from about Ferguson?

If we're getting rid of players of the calibre of Murphy and OJ just to bring in Ferguson I'll not be happy.

Barry "the crab" Ferguson isn't what this team needs.

We need someone that's interested in actually playing football and is able to pass the ball forwards not sideways or back.

I'd imagine if Ferguson is coming in, it would only be until the end of the season so he can join Sevco in September.

I can't see us signing Ferguson but he would be a pretty decent signing for us as long as he stayed fit. He may be 35 but he was/perhaps still is a top class midfielder and given that we have badly missed Jennings this season, then this could be just what we need. Him and Lasley in central midfield allowing Law to move out left where he is far more effective.

Like I said, can't really see this happening but if it were a straight choice between Barry Ferguson or Tom Hateley playing in central midfield in the second half of the season then I'd choose Ferguson any day of the week.

1355972548[/url]' post='369913']

It's what we SHOULD be doing - selling high. Hopefully this signals a change in our frustrating transfer policy

Totally agree its what we should be doing but 170k for ojamaa is hardly high. But we might be forced to accept it. Under normal circumstances we should be looking for 3-4 times that surely?

I read in the paper today at lunch that we would not be due compensation for murphy can't find an Internet link though. Anyone know if that's true?? I automatically assumed we would be due it but don't actually know if I'm honest.

Compensation would be due. As long as he is offered no worse terms and the offer is made within a certain time of the last game of the season.

Be worth keeping him to help finish as high as possible and look for 100k plus addons in compensation. Stuff 60k and 2 kids who have never played mens football!

Fuck me! One random anonymous guy none of you know has said he heard that Hateley might be away and suddenly he can go, we'll drive him to Ibrox and fuck it he can leave!

There's a reason he's played the number of games for us he has over the last few years. Tom Hateley on his game is a great footballer. A few weeks of bad form and the outcome on here is unreal!

• Like 5

The way he gets abused by some of our support, September probably cant come quick enough for him.

He has undoubtedly been poor all season, but he has been getting stick a lot longer than that.