2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Not just Hateley. If all our players were Messi and the Manager was Mourinho they would be told to get too f#ck for not winning the champions league every year.

We ARE a small club with a small support, but quite a few fans in hear cannot wait to dish out abuse at the first opportunity.

My Xmas wish is that they get tae France and the players stay. sadly no chance of that happening!

My Xmas wish is that they get tae France and the players stay. sadly no chance of that happening!

i'm sure if you asked the players they would rather the moaners continued handing over their cash.

i'll be suprised if anyone from last night's 11 is at the club in 3 years time, nevermind ten. getting new players in is easier than getting new fans.

1356208980[/url]' post='370120']

I don't think I could cope with this! Please No

Deary me, why wouldn't you want a player of his ability at the club?

Given, the transfer policy of late has tipped a nod to versatility above everything else, his experience could prove vital to the development of messrs Carswell & Hetherington and he's capable of credible leadership on the pitch which has been missing most of the season... Ticks all boxes for me in the short-term.

And while I'm on - still in the mix at Chrimbo when we are not playing well according to others... Imagine where we'll be when we hit peak form?

• Like 1

Deary me, why wouldn't you want a player of his ability at the club?

Given, the transfer policy of late has tipped a nod to versatility above everything else, his experience could prove vital to the development of messrs Carswell & Hetherington and he's capable of credible leadership on the pitch which has been missing most of the season... Ticks all boxes for me in the short-term.

Because he's a wee wank. Zero leadership apart from when he's persuading his team mates to go for an all day bevvy session.

Anybody that's watched us can see we're crying out for a natural central midfielder and knob or not Ferguson would fit the bill perfectly.

I'd be quite happy if we got in a semi decent hardened lower league player from England in Janurary that could 'do a job' let alone a former Scotland captain with experience of Champions League football and who was playing in the Premiership as late as 2011.

Even if he's half the player he was he'd still walk the SPL. The amount of abuse he got for being 'Barry the crab' or 'square ball Barry' was ridiculous. Imagine Scotland producing a player capable of putting his foot on the ball, retaining possession and being able to dictate a game eh? Nah, we prefer our shitkickers who run around the park like headless chickens who boot anything that moves!!

Ferguson was a very good player who if he was up for it could improve our team nae bother. Don't actually think he would come but if he would I'd love to have him at Fir Park.

I'm in the camp that wants someone to put their foot on the ball, but I never saw what others saw in Ferguson. For me, guys like Lambert were far superior.

What we are currently missing though is a bit of dig in the midfield; someone who can break up play and hold up opposition attacks. Even if I was to buy into the Ferguson camp, he does not fit that particular bill.

1356226493[/url]' post='370124']

Because he's a wee wank. Zero leadership apart from when he's persuading his team mates to go for an all day bevvy session.

facepalm.gif Know him personally likes? It's about improving our current lot no?

In my inability to multiquote... Fair points well made by both Well 4 Europe and weeyin. I'd tend to go with "Don't actually think he would come but I'd love to have him at Fir Park".

Anybody that's watched us can see we're crying out for a natural central midfielder and knob or not Ferguson would fit the bill perfectly.

I'd be quite happy if we got in a semi decent hardened lower league player from England in Janurary that could 'do a job' let alone a former Scotland captain with experience of Champions League football and who was playing in the Premiership as late as 2011.

Even if he's half the player he was he'd still walk the SPL. The amount of abuse he got for being 'Barry the crab' or 'square ball Barry' was ridiculous. Imagine Scotland producing a player capable of putting his foot on the ball, retaining possession and being able to dictate a game eh? Nah, we prefer our shitkickers who run around the park like headless chickens who boot anything that moves!!

Ferguson was a very good player who if he was up for it could improve our team nae bother. Don't actually think he would come but if he would I'd love to have him at Fir Park.

Agree with every word you've written. For what its worth when Ive met him he came across as a top bloke, and in my opinion a very very good footballer.

Would be ridiculous if we managed a signing like him and folk were on his case straight away.

facepalm.gif Know him personally likes? It's about improving our current lot no?

In my inability to multiquote... Fair points well made by both Well 4 Europe and weeyin. I'd tend to go with "Don't actually think he would come but I'd love to have him at Fir Park".

Nope, never met the guy in my life but his behaviour when he was Scotland captain provides enough evidence to suggest that he is indeed a wank.

On his day, he was a very good player but he's 34 and currently playing in the fourth tier of English football - I'm all for improving our squad but would much prefer it if we spent what limited cash we have elsewhere.

Not seen Ferguson play recently but you have to admit he had a wee bit of quality.

34 isn't that old these days, surely worth a half season contract to see how it worked out.

I wonder if those not keen on Ferguson would also have been against us signing an old, slow, fat, Rangers reserves winger called Davie Cooper!

• Like 1

Barry Ferguson was a quality player. Anyone claiming otherwise knows nothing about football or has an other agenda. Just dig out the 1999 Wembley game if you need any proof.

Whether he is still any good, would want to sign for us or whether he is the right signing for us are entirely different points.

• Like 1

If we were to sell Randolph, which i hope dosent happen.Mabye play Hollis in goals to the end of the season then get Cammy Bell from Kilmarnock on a pre contract as his contract runs up at the end of the season.

No chance of getting Bell. Far bigger clubs than us will be after him. However worth looking at Samson from St Mirren who is out of contract in the summer...

• Like 1

Barry Ferguson was a quality player. Anyone claiming otherwise knows nothing about football or has an other agenda. Just dig out the 1999 Wembley game if you need any proof.

Whether he is still any good, would want to sign for us or whether he is the right signing for us are entirely different points.

Wembley was the best game in his career.

Had all the ability in the world but he didn't have the determination or mentality to improve himself down south or abroad like Lambert, Collins and McAllister. Yes he's had a very good career but his h*n mentality held him back from being a class act.

Far from a role model IMO and I'd be very disappointed to see him at FP.

• Like 1

No chance of getting Bell. Far bigger clubs than us will be after him. However worth looking at Samson from St Mirren who is out of contract in the summer...

Not a fan of Samson.

Craig Gordon is still a free agent.... And before anyone says we can't afford him I'm sure we can pay more than Sportscene. If Randy leaves in Jan a short term deal until June to put himself in the shop window would be beneficial to both club and player. Even an 18 month deal with a £300k release clause for the summer!

Not sure where this Ferguson talk has came from, and have nae idea how he has been playing recently or whether he would welcome a stint at Fir Park, but the facts of the matter are that we haven't replaced Jennings, McCall doesn't seem to rate Carswell or Hetherington, Ramsden and Hateley don't seem to be the answer, which leaves us so light in the middle of the park it's scary. Law is better wide than in the middle, and I'd imagine that having ferguson playing behind Lasley would be a major comfort to our centre halves who have had to watch us being split right down the middle time and again.

Like most on here a little bemused where the talk has come from but even the most biased well fans cannot argue who the better player in a defensive midfield role surely? a 34 year old Barry ferguson is better than a 33 year old Keith lasley. However the question is purely hypothetical

Yup. I couldn't give to hoots about who a players played for before or how they're percieved when the pull on a well shirt.

For all people dislike him Ferguson was a one point one a top SPL player, and is probably stll more than capable.