2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Because he's a wee wank. Zero leadership apart from when he's persuading his team mates to go for an all day bevvy session.

Darren Randolph refused to play for Hereford once, simply because they had signed another goalkeeper.

Chris Humphrey broke a curfew on international duty.

James McFadden missed his flight home after winning his first international cap and going out on the razz.

Paul Quinn got arrested for assault whilst playing for the club.

Bob Malcolm was signed after falling asleep at the wheel drink driving, with previous for signing autographs with sectarian content.

As long as you don't/didn't approve of any of them playing with Motherwell, your comments are fair enough.

For what it's worth, I'd take Ferguson in our team on a 6 month loan in a heartbeat. Short term fix that we could be doing with.

• Like 1

Darren Randolph refused to play for Hereford once, simply because they had signed another goalkeeper.

Chris Humphrey broke a curfew on international duty.

James McFadden missed his flight home after winning his first international cap and going out on the razz.

Paul Quinn got arrested for assault whilst playing for the club.

Bob Malcolm was signed after falling asleep at the wheel drink driving, with previous for signing autographs with sectarian content.

As long as you don't/didn't approve of any of them playing with Motherwell, your comments are fair enough.

For what it's worth, I'd take Ferguson in our team on a 6 month loan in a heartbeat. Short term fix that we could be doing with.

Complete and utter pish. So many holes in that statement but to pick one - comparing Faddy missing the flight home after a friendly tournament in Hong Kong, to Ferguson's when he was Scotland captain, is at best ignorant and at worst fucking moronic.

Also quite intrigued about the reasoning for taking Ferguson in a heartbeat - has the six appearances he's made in England's League Two for Fleetwood Town this season impressed you that much?

Final point - someone who knows the rules better than i do might be able to clear this up but since he's already played for Blackpool and Fleetwood, does that not prevent him from playing for another club this season? In which case, Sevco are welcome to him next summer.

People complaining about Barry Ferguson not being good enough as he played for Fleetwood... blah blah blah seem to forget that most of our squad played even in even lower teams in England before moving to the Arc.

Its not that Humphrey, Law, Ojamaa etc have been signed from the Barca academy.... B-)

I would take Ferguson because he would bring some much needed experience into the team. I dont think Lasley as a defensive Midfielder is simply not working.

He turns 35 in February, so why would we want to give a wage to a player that is likely only to want a maximum of 6 months?

I'd rather see someone sign that wants to be here past the end of the season or how about this for a revolutionary idea, give Carswell more game time and develop the lad so he's ready for next season?

• Like 1

I agree, but on the other hand would Carswell not develop more training with a player of Fergusons caliber every day?

I'm not really on either side on this one as I haven't really seen him play for ages and am so certain it's a non-starter that I haven't bothered to look into it. I'm just playing devils advocate.

I see there has been a few players released form other clubs and some others contracts nearly up, mabye mccall sholud get a couple in.

Garry o'connor,Derek Riordan have both been released by their clubs.Dont think we need them though.

While Cammy Bell,Andy Webster,Paddy Mccourt,Willo Flood,David Wotherspoon,Jon Daly and Rudi skacel's contracts are all up at the end of the season and any of these players would help us so hopefully Stuart Mccall can get a few Pre contracts done.

Complete and utter pish. So many holes in that statement but to pick one - comparing Faddy missing the flight home after a friendly tournament in Hong Kong, to Ferguson's when he was Scotland captain, is at best ignorant and at worst fucking moronic.

Also quite intrigued about the reasoning for taking Ferguson in a heartbeat - has the six appearances he's made in England's League Two for Fleetwood Town this season impressed you that much?

Final point - someone who knows the rules better than i do might be able to clear this up but since he's already played for Blackpool and Fleetwood, does that not prevent him from playing for another club this season? In which case, Sevco are welcome to him next summer.

All varying examples of unprofessional behaviour, some worse than others. While I'd say Faddy and Humphrey's incidents are far less unprofessional than Ferguson's, Randolph refusing to play in a game due to another 'keeper being signed is pretty substantial in terms of unprofessional behaviour, with the only saving grace between that and Ferguson's incident perhaps being you could say Randolph was young and naive and there isn't as much "should have known better" than there would be with Ferguson. I'd say Quinn being charged with assault, just after being given the honour of being named club captain after Phil O'Donnell's untimely death, and Bob Malcolm signing an autograph with a sectarian message and drink driving and falling asleep on the wheel are definitely comparable levels of unprofessional behaviour. There isn't one club in the world, in my opinion, who would cite Boozegate as a reason for not signing Ferguson if they felt he could improve their team.

I haven't seen any of his performances this season in League Two being perfectly honest with you, but consider these two things. 2011/12 for Barry Ferguson saw him play 42 times in the Championship, captaining his side to the play-offs. He also has 45 international caps, has experience of playing in the Premiership and the Champion's League. 2011/12 for Simon Ramsden saw him play 18 times in League Two, so well that it lead him to be released. So if bringing up Ramsden on the back of that - to play in an unnatural position - is believed to improve our team, then I'm fairly sure it's logical that bringing Ferguson in would improve the team, especially considering it's been evident in a number of games that we haven't replaced Jennings. Some games we have got away with it when being good going forward has helped compromise his loss. Also, I don't know the ins and outs of Ferguson's move to Fleetwood, but they have are a club on the up and are being bankrolled as far as I'm aware, so them being prepared to match his wages is quite possibly a reason he's on loan there, rather than say at a League One side.

Hope that is a reasoned enough response for me being a fucking moron.

Garry o'connor,Derek Riordan have both been released by their clubs.Dont think we need them though.

Guy I know at Hibs FC told me that O'Connor was at the Hibs v Hearts cup game a few weeks ago and popped in to see him. When asked how things were going in Russia he claimed to be getting released from his contract and something was being lined up (pardon the pun) for him in the States.

He was then questioned if he would be allowed into the country with all the drug stuff hanging over him and he replied that he'd be getting cleared of it all and it wouldn't be a problem.

Then, as was widely reported in the press, the stupid big chunt then proceeded to go out on the piss in Edinburgh after the match and (allegedly...) got caught with narcotics on him again, putting an end to that wee plan :doh:

Good player but a fuckin idiot of a laddie.

I must just have a blind spot when it comes to Ferguson as I see him as an overrated OF player. And I don't think it's Rangers bias as I have appreciated a number of their players over the years. I put guys like Bobby Russell, Souness and even Jim Bett miles ahead of Ferguson in terms of ability.

I'm not saying he's shite - he can obviously play a bit and would likely offer something, but right now, if you offered me the chance of Jennings or Ferguson, I'd take Jennings.

For all that, though, there is no chance of him coming to us.

I see there has been a few players released form other clubs and some others contracts nearly up, mabye mccall sholud get a couple in.

While Cammy Bell,Andy Webster,Paddy Mccourt,Willo Flood,David Wotherspoon,Jon Daly and Rudi skacel's contracts are all up at the end of the season and any of these players would help us so hopefully Stuart Mccall can get a few Pre contracts done.

imagine they two twats in the mega bar after the game they id fit right in

All varying examples of unprofessional behaviour, some worse than others. While I'd say Faddy and Humphrey's incidents are far less unprofessional than Ferguson's, Randolph refusing to play in a game due to another 'keeper being signed is pretty substantial in terms of unprofessional behaviour, with the only saving grace between that and Ferguson's incident perhaps being you could say Randolph was young and naive and there isn't as much "should have known better" than there would be with Ferguson. I'd say Quinn being charged with assault, just after being given the honour of being named club captain after Phil O'Donnell's untimely death, and Bob Malcolm signing an autograph with a sectarian message and drink driving and falling asleep on the wheel are definitely comparable levels of unprofessional behaviour. There isn't one club in the world, in my opinion, who would cite Boozegate as a reason for not signing Ferguson if they felt he could improve their team.

I haven't seen any of his performances this season in League Two being perfectly honest with you, but consider these two things. 2011/12 for Barry Ferguson saw him play 42 times in the Championship, captaining his side to the play-offs. He also has 45 international caps, has experience of playing in the Premiership and the Champion's League. 2011/12 for Simon Ramsden saw him play 18 times in League Two, so well that it lead him to be released. So if bringing up Ramsden on the back of that - to play in an unnatural position - is believed to improve our team, then I'm fairly sure it's logical that bringing Ferguson in would improve the team, especially considering it's been evident in a number of games that we haven't replaced Jennings. Some games we have got away with it when being good going forward has helped compromise his loss. Also, I don't know the ins and outs of Ferguson's move to Fleetwood, but they have are a club on the up and are being bankrolled as far as I'm aware, so them being prepared to match his wages is quite possibly a reason he's on loan there, rather than say at a League One side.

Hope that is a reasoned enough response for me being a fucking moron.

Randolph refused to play to avoid being cup-tied for when he returned to Charlton. He was at the end of his loan at Hereford so that probably justified his decision

How did this barry ferguson rumor start anyway as we will never sign him any way as if he comes back to scotland it will only be for the Sevco.

He has always said he fancies ending his career at Accies. Of course, he wouldn't have expected them to be in a higher division than Rangers.

• Like 1

Not sure what else SMC should have said. We all are aware that it is very likely that we will lose players throughout January and if the price is right it will be more than 1. The question would be if we can get anyone in as well.

I could live with Randolph being sold. Not only is Hollis a decent keeper, at times Randolph did not look as strong as the season before, although I am aware that Randolph kept us in many times as well. I just think at this moment it might be easier if we would replace a goalie.

If we lose Law or Ojamaa we could be in bother. Especially Law seems to be the creative engine in our team. Ojamaa is immense in regards to his work rate.

Murphy I could see leave as well, if the money is right. For some reason his form goes up once a Transfer window is around the corner.

From the Evening Times

Of course, money talks and players want to advance their careers, but it's always encouraging to hear players show some amibtion with the club and express how much they enjoy being a part of this team.

Nicky Law pleads with Motherwell board to avoid a January sale

NICKY LAW believes Motherwell can finish second in the SPL if they can hold on to their star names when the transfer window opens again next week.

Manager Stuart McCall has admitted he may have to sell one of his squad to balance the books and yesterday's 4-1 rout of Aberdeen will have caught the eye of a number of scouts and managers.

Henrik Ojamaa has already been linked with a move to Lech Poznan in Poland, Sheffield United and Rangers have been credited with an interest in Jamie Murphy, while others like Law and Shaun Hutchinson have been the subject of transfer bids in the past.

Law, though, hopes Well can keep the squad together for the second half of the campaign to see how far they can go.

He said: "We're up to joint second in the league now and if we can hold on to all our players it will be interesting to see where this could take us.

"We feel we can finish second this year so the stronger the squad we've got, the better equipped we will be to have a real go at doing that."

Law is one of a number of Motherwell players whose contract is set to expire in the summer, but the former Rotherham man is in no hurry to leave Fir Park.

He added: "We'll get into the new year then sit down and have a chat. I love it here and have had a really good two years.

"Everyone knows the affection I have for the manager so I'm in no rush to get away."

McCall's side bounced back in some style yesterday after Friday night's defeat to St Mirren.

Tom Hateley opened the scoring with a back-post header after Law had hit the bar before Jamie Murphy made it 2-0 just after the half-hour mark.

Aberdeen responded with a fine individual goal from Jonny Hayes, but Murphy restored Motherwell's two-goal advantage with his second of the game right before the break.

Michael Higdon's close-range effort killed the game after 55 minutes and Motherwell even had the luxury of missing a penalty when Murphy's soft effort was easily gathered up by Jamie Langfield.

Law added: "It was probably as good a home performance as we've put in since I came here.

"We know when we play like that we will beat most teams in the league."