2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Hutchy moving on won't be a major surprise. We also have the luxury of a contract round his neck.

Supposedly we were not willing to let him leave for peanuts in the summer, cant see there being any change in January. As much as it would be a kick in the baws to lose him, selling for a £1m might allow us to keep the rest of the team together till the end of the season.

Well I got the .25 bit right evilgrin.gif

Aye, that too. But for that. We can't exactly shoot down his rumour. It would be different if it was Gianfranco Zola trying to sign him for Watford, or Gus Poyet for Brighton as they have no previous connection. Personally, Martinez taking him to wigan seems more likely than him to palace given palaces financial woes of late.

I'm no really shouting down the rumour it's more the site that it came from. If it came from somewhere else I would have shown silent scepticism. The site is utterly rank though.

From today's Scotsman.

Sheffield United make progress on Jamie Murphy move

Jamie Murphy could yet be on his way out of Fir Park in January after Sheffield United hinted that they had made progress in their attempts to lure the attacker away from the SPL. The Blades have made a winger their priority for the January transfer window and are just one of a number of interested parties, but the League One side, who held talks with the Steelmen midweek, have admitted that there are a number of hurdles yet to be negotiated before they can table a bid.

Motherwell have informed United that it would set them back £200,000 to secure the winger’s services but the Bramall Lane side believe half that amount would be a more realistic figure.

The list with up to date league stats START+SUB (GOALS)

Aberdeen

Russell Anderson 19, Gavin Rae 17 (3), Isaac Osbourne 13+1 (1), Ryan Fraser 12+2, Josh Magennis 11+8 (3), Chris Clark 6+4 (1), Gary Naysmith 5, Rory Fallon 4+4, Mitch Megginson 1+2, Jason Brown 1+1, Rob Milsom 0+2, Danny Rogers 0.

Celtic

Paddy McCourt 2+6, Thomas Rogne 2+1.

Dundee

Rab Douglas 19, Gary Irvine 19, Jim McAlister 19, Iain Davidson 18 (1), Kyle Benedictus 15+2 (1), Matt Lockwood 15+1 (1), Ryan Conroy 12+6 (3), John Baird 11+6, Kevin McBride 11 (1), Nicky Riley 10+3 (2), Declan Gallagher 9, Steven Milne 7+3 (1), Davide Grassi 6, Mark Kerr 5, Neil McGregor 5, Stephen O'Donnell 4, Mark Stewart 3+5, Brian Easton 2, Martin Boyle 1+7, Graham Webster 0+3, Alex Baird 0, Carl Finnegan 0, Jamie McCluskey 0.

Dundee United

Willo Flood 19 (1), Jon Daly 17+1 [8], Barry Douglas 12, Steve Banks 0.

Hearts

Marius Zaliukas 18 (2), Darren Barr 18, Ryan McGowan 18, Andy Webster 16, Danny Grainger 13 (2), Andy Driver 11+6 (1), Arvydas Novikovas 11+5 (3), Scott Robinson 5+4, Kevin McHattie 5, Dylan McGowan 4+3, Dale Carrick 2+5, Gordon Smith 2+2, Jack Hamilton 0, Brad McKay 0, Fraser Mullen 0.

Hibs

David Wotherspoon 20 (3), Eoin Doyle 19+1 [8], Alan Maybury 16+1, Gary Deegan 10+1, Lewis Stevenson 8+4, Ivan Sproule 2+8, Shefki Kuqi 0+12, Danny Galbraith 0, Pa Kujabi 0, Sean Murdoch 0.

Inverness

Aaron Doran 20 (1), David Raven 20, Andrew Shinnie 20 [8], Gary Warren 20 (3), Owain Tudur-Jones 16 (2), Ross Draper 16+1 (4), Antonio Reguero 13, Shane Sutherland 5+9, Gavin Morrison 2+7, Nick Ross 1+3 (1), Scott Mathieson 0.

Kilmarnock

Liam Kelly 17 (5), Ryan O'Leary 16+3 (1), Cammy Bell 13, James Dayton 12+3 (1), Borja Perez 10+1 (1), Danny Racchi 7+4 (1), Kyle Letheren 6+1, Mohamadou Sissoko 3+2, William Gros 0+6, Garry Hay 0, Anssi Jaakkola 0.

Motherwell

Michael Higdon 20 (12), Nicky Law 20 (3), Tom Hateley 19 (2), Darren Randolph (19), Jamie Murphy 18+2 (9), Chris Humphrey 17+1 (1), Simon Ramsden 11+1, Zaine Francis-Angol 5+8, Omar Daley 2+8 (1), Robert McHugh 1+10 (3), Steven Saunders 0.

Ross County

Scott Boyd 20, Iain Vigurs 20 (4), Grant Munro 19+1 (1), Richard Brittain 19 (4), Marc Fitzpatrick 18+1, Stuart Kettlewell 16+2 (2), Rocco Quinn 16 (4), Michael Fraser 15, Mark Fotheringham 11, Mihael Kovacevic 10+2, Sam Morrow 6+5 (1), Mark Brown 5, Alex Cooper 4+4, Steven Ross 4+2 (1), Mark Corcoran 2+3, Paul Lawson 2+2,

St Johnstone

Alan Mannus 20, Liam Craig 20 (2), Frazer Wright 19 (1), Chris Millar 15+1, Gary Miller 12+3, Rowan Vine 11+6 (3), Pat Cregg 10+2, Callum Davidson 9+1, Dave MacKay 9+1, David McCracken 4+1, David Robertson 1+5 (2), Jamie Adams 0+4, Craig Beattie 0+2, Kevin Moon 0+1, Liam Caddis 0, Zander Clark 0, Jonny Tuffey 0,

St Mirren

Craig Samson 20, Steven Thompson 19 (9), David van Zanten 18+1, Marc McAusland 17+1, Gary Teale 11+7, Graham Carey 11+3, Paul McGowan 8 (1), Sam Parkin 7+9 (2), Graeme McGregor 0, Chris Smith 0.

Looking at the list I think realistic signings that I think would be good additions would be Iain Davidson, Craig Samson, Scott Boyd.

copy and pasted from stv news.

i don't think there is much to interest us there. the only players who strike me as in our price range and not utter shite are iain davidson, darren barr, dylan mcgowan, nick ross, tudor-jones, aaron doran, james dayton, richard brittain and chris millar.

Dayton?!!!

He is phish and couldn't lace majority of the other killie players on the lists boots.

I'd pay his taxi fare for you to take him.

Dayton?!!!

He is phish and couldn't lace majority of the other killie players on the lists boots.

I'd pay his taxi fare for you to take him.

Yep anytime I've seen him he's looked gantin! Also, has Dylan McGowan even been playing for Hearts??? His brother is decent but I'm not sure I've ever seen him play.

From today's Scotsman.

Hope the hurdles are McCall wantin a couple of their players on loan but dont be surprised if Celtic is his last game for us.Would hope Hutch stays and improves even more then we get more for him in the summer .Manager says hopefully only one movin in Jan hopefully its just Muprhy.We will just need to let the manager do his job thats what he s paid for.

Just out of interest, since we know we are defo selling one player who would everyone rather we sold Murphy or Ojamaa?

Their are pros and cons for both of them.

Here is my opinion on both.

Ojamaa

Has a longer contract and will be on less wages than Murphy. When he's on form he gives a lift to the whole team as we seen against Aberdeen. His goal count is low but his assists and creativeness makes up for it. On the other hand when hes off form it can be enfuriating but his commitment and effort can't be questioned.

Murphy

His goals will be missed and is a player that will have to be replaced, we can't see out the season without replacing him in my opinion. Will loose him in the summer for peanuts. Should command a higher price tag by rights but as is with the lack of respect for Scottish football we can't really expect to get his true value.

Don't think many would argue that with both of them we would more than likely finish higher up that table, is it worth the risk holding onto them and gunning it for 2nd place?

Just out of interest, since we know we are defo selling one player who would everyone rather we sold Murphy or Ojamaa?

Ojamaa

Has a longer contract and will be on less wages than Murphy. When he's on form he gives a lift to the whole team as we seen against Aberdeen. His goal count is low but his assists and creativeness makes up for it. On the other hand when hes off form it can be enfuriating but his commitment and effort can't be questioned.

Murphy

His goals will be missed and is a player that will have to be replaced, we can't see out the season without replacing him in my opinion. Will loose him in the summer for peanuts. Should command a higher price tag by rights but as is with the lack of respect for Scottish football we can't really expect to get his true value.

Don't think many would argue that with both of them we would more than likely finish higher up that table, is it worth the risk holding onto them and gunning it for 2nd place?

If we have a bit of intelligence as a club and a bit of balls then we would get as much for Murphy in the summer as we would now. Therefore, from a financial point of view, selling Ojamaa would make sense. However the figures being quoted for him are derisory in my opinion. Having said that if it was sell Ojamaa or face serious financial hardship then it's a no brainer.

If we have a bit of intelligence as a club and a bit of balls then we would get as much for Murphy in the summer as we would now. Therefore, from a financial point of view, selling Ojamaa would make sense. However the figures being quoted for him are derisory in my opinion. Having said that if it was sell Ojamaa or face serious financial hardship then it's a no brainer.

This, 100%. For the fees that clubs are going to be willing to offer for him, selling Murphy in January will have no benefit to Motherwell whatsoever.

Ojamaa

Murphy

Finances aside, I'd rather keep Ojamaa. I think Murphy has improved as much as he can with us and we've been very lucky to have a very good player at our club. He is however prone to a bit of inconsistency/lack of confidence that I thought would have been gone after 3/4 years of regular first team starts. I know Ojamaa is also inconsistent however he's only just started playing at this level, has only just started getting regular starts and I believe he has the raw skills, confidence and desire to be a truly great player for us.

This, 100%. For the fees that clubs are going to be willing to offer for him, selling Murphy in January will have no benefit to Motherwell whatsoever.

Except maybe being able to pay the wages of the other players (or other debts), for example. For a wee club like us, it's all about cashflow. We have done well in holding off bidders for our better players in the past few seasons, but everyone on the Board, plus the gaffer himself, seem to think that we need to raise some cash this window.

Kerrs loan deal was only published as 6months

McCall doesn't rate Saunders

So that would leave Cummin and

Where does the "McCall doesnt rate Saunders" come from?

Seen it posted a couple of times but Ive never read any direct quotes myself.

Was it in the press or was it a more reliable source?

Would have thought given the way the centre of defence has been this year Saunders couldnt be any worse?

1356739218[/url]' post='370528']

Where does the "McCall doesnt rate Saunders" come from?

Seen it posted a couple of times but Ive never read any direct quotes myself.

Was it in the press or was it a more reliable source?

Would have thought given the way the centre of defence has been this year Saunders couldnt be any worse?

Erm, the player himself...