2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Anyone else worried hat Murphy will be first of many to go in Jan? We've set a precedent in that we are open to offers for those going out of contract. Board may think no chance of relegation so get some money in and start to build for next season.

Anyone else worried hat Murphy will be first of many to go in Jan? We've set a precedent in that we are open to offers for those going out of contract. Board may think no chance of relegation so get some money in and start to build for next season.

Not really. McCall has said he expected that Murphy would be the one and only and the cash raised would help us keep the others (unless somebody came in with a huge offer).

I think the main worry will be the players leaving cant be replaced with the finances the club have, the likes of Randolph, Humphrey, Higdon, Law, Hutchinson, and of course Murphy, wont come cheap, and while most of the players are still at the club, we need to make the most of them.

For arguments sake, Randolph must be worth at least 350/750 K surely, if not more, but trying to replace him for nothing wont happen.

The Club need money, its simple, Money for Murphy was money which we wouldnt of got in the summer.. so its a great deal for the club orbeit not much of it.

I genuinely think most players will leave in the Summer, but as long as they dont do a Jennings on us, good luck to them.

So fair chance that McCall's idea of a huge offer is somewhat different to what the board may see as a huge offer.

Could this window be a test of ambition and decide if McCall stays longer term?

I think McCall's comments came after conversations with the Board and he appears, in public at least, to be happy with their ambition.

It already sounds like they have knocked backed interest in Ojamaa, for example.

It wasn't a well fan was someone wishing him well in Scotland

I know, I seen a Sheffield reporter on twitter say when Danny Wilson was asked about interest in Porter and a possible move away he said:

"He's injured at the moment, and I'm not going to discuss who it is."

So it seems like Porter is being offloaded according to the media in Sheffield but the only people linking him with Motherwell seem to be Sheffield United fans who don't seem to have much credibility and may just be putting two and two together.

It seems public knowledge that Porter's leaving Bramall Lane but I've not seen anything substantial linking him with a return to Fir Park. And as I said earlier I'm not sure he's what we need at this moment in time with our limited budget.

The harsh truth is, if any player who is out of contract in the summer makes it clear to the club that he isn't interested in resigning with us then I'd have no issue with him being sold if the right offer came in.

Nae idea. That's not my fault if its on every site you visit. Either stop visiting crap sites that give you malware or get an ad blocker

Or both. Just posted on shoutbox, but maybe useful here too. I run adblocker plus noscript and ghostery - and don't have any problems.

It does sound like he has picked up some malware somewhere, so a full scan with malwarebytes or similar might solve the problem.

However, as always, I'd suggest accessing the site on IE once in a while to click on some ads to generate some revenue.

EDIT: sorry to stray offtopic, so feel free to move this elsewhere.

Not unhappy that we"ve got Kerry til the end of the season. Started well, had a few iffy games but there's definitely something to work with there. Only concern is what it does for Saunders' chances. Hope that he can come back and make an impact as he could be a massive player for us next season with Hutchinson away...

Not unhappy that we"ve got Kerry til the end of the season. Started well, had a few iffy games but there's definitely something to work with there. Only concern is what it does for Saunders' chances. Hope that he can come back and make an impact as he could be a massive player for us next season with Hutchinson away...

That's if Saunders stays here as well, he's out of contract in summer too

See McCall has confirmed we're not signing Chris Porter.

No surprise, the rumour never made sense in the first place. We've not got the budget to sign an expensive, injury prone 29 year old striker who's best days are behind him.

And O'Dea won't be signing either, only training here as Stewart Kerr asked McCall if he could to keep him ticking over during the off season in the MLS.