2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

This Higginbotham guy would seem to fit the Murphy replacement bill. I take it that would have to be a loan as opposed to a permanent deal?

In theory that makes sense - given how many players we're liable to be losing in the summer, there isn't much point making a permanent signing to plug a hole in our current shape. With so many people leaving we may well see wholesale changes to the way we set up and play, but who knows.

If there was money to bring in Ryan Stevenson, but he rejected us and now on top of this we have sold Murphy and have Page's wages freed up, there is surely scope to bring someone in and McCall did suggest it in his post match interview after Celtic.

Heard strong whispers a few months ago that Axel Bossekota, the Belgian trialist, was set to sign in January as he would then come without compensation, but if that was the case you'd think it would have been a formality that he would have been with us by now.

Nae idea. That's not my fault if its on every site you visit. Either stop visiting crap sites that give you malware or get an ad blocker

Think ive found the culprit . Is it viglink you are using on this site ?I think it is active on this site.Just to let you know its not on my pc apparently its a kickback service . Little bit about it here click .If you havent added it think someone has.

I'm sure that Axel has signed.

Re money available for bringing someone in, I doubt there is any.

Regardless of what was there in the summer I fancy that will have been spent on the day to day running of the club.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for incoming transfers, Higginbotham aside, coz the club just doesn't have the dosh.

Higginbotham was awful at Carlisle, saw them thrashed off Leyton Orient and he put in one of the least interested looking performances I've ever seen from a footballer (and i include Omar Daly) and was hooked early. His three month loan there was actually cut short by Carlisle and he went back to Huddersfield a few weeks early. Hopefully he adopts a different attitude if he does join 'Well.

Incidentally, we were stung over Mike Grella as he had played for Leeds and Carlisle that season, has Higginbotham appeared for Huddersfield this season?

Higginbotham was awful at Carlisle, saw them thrashed off Leyton Orient and he put in one of the least interested looking performances I've ever seen from a footballer (and i include Omar Daly) and was hooked early. His three month loan there was actually cut short by Carlisle and he went back to Huddersfield a few weeks early. Hopefully he adopts a different attitude if he does join 'Well.

Incidentally, we were stung over Mike Grella as he had played for Leeds and Carlisle that season, has Higginbotham appeared for Huddersfield this season?

Nope, his last appearance for Huddersfield was the play off final at the end of last season.

I'm hoping that maybe we can finish in second place, hope tha wud tempt the likes of law and randolph to stay on instead a going tae league 1 or championship clubs

History suggests that a couple of rounds of European football isn't really a great attraction when there's bigger money on the table elsewhere. And let's be honest, any European football we manage next season is unlikely to top their experience of appearing in the Champions' League this season, unless we actually managed to go on and qualify for the Europa group stages (which is, sadly, also highly unlikely with our current squad).

Will I say it? Hmmm Aye might as well, Faddy in to replace Murphy :ph34r::whistling:.

Can't see a queue of clubs lining up to take him after his 'starring' role at Sunderland, imo. He's hardly played any time & the wee bits I've seen he's not shone. Still feel he needs to play at a lower level to regain his match fitness before moving forward again. Why not a short term deal at the 'Ark to do it