2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

By being arguably the greatest footballing talent in te gistory of football for one. I think it is a fair point that Murphy's slight frame would have put off some.

All that said I think you'll find he stronger than he looks or he wouldn't be hacking in the SPL these last few seasons.

The Messi question was actually rhetorical laugh.gif. I might be thick but no that thick, I was just meaning that because he's lanky doesn't mean he can't or won't make it. I would have put teams off but wrongly on my eyes. I used Messi because he is one of the best players ever.

What about accepting low offers but have loads of addons e.g 20% sell on clause, £xxxx when they 1st get called up for their National team , £xxxx when they make x appearances. We would get a low initial offering but if works out we could reap the rewards in the future.

I know us selling a player to an English club who would get called up to International duties and get a move for silly money would be unlikely just a thought.

The Messi question was actually rhetorical laugh.gif. I might be thick but no that thick, I was just meaning that because he's lanky doesn't mean he can't or won't make it. I would have put teams off but wrongly on my eyes. I used Messi because he is one of the best players ever.

Yeah I realise using Messi as an example was slightly tongue in cheek at best, sure can find a range of talented wiry/small quality players. It not the biggest impediment but certainly think to make it at a high level you need to be really good. Murphy I fear is just good, but it be nice to be proven wrong if he ends up in the premier league in fullness of time.

Would certainly help if we didn't advertise the fact we're skint and need to sell no matter the price, then go and accept the first bid that comes in.

Makes me think twice before shelling out my hard earned next time cos I'll be thinking my extra might not be neeeded if we'd managed to drum up a bit more in transfer fees. Am fucking skint tae yeese know :rolleyes:

You guys are bang on the money about the club not building up our players. It really sickens me to see murphy go for buttons & now Aberdeen are meant to be getting 400k for that wee diver Fraser after only playing about a dozen game.

It's been said before, but transfer fees often reflect the value of a players current conract, and until we start paying our players more we cant expect to demand high fees for them. There is always that exceptional talent who you can demand whatever you want for but they don't come around (in a Motherwell shirt) very often.

You can bet that although Fraser might seem half the player that Jamie is his contract at Aberdeen will be worth much more than Jamie's was with us, and this is reflected in the trasfer fee.

1358449687[/url]' post='372155']

It's been said before, but transfer fees often reflect the value of a players current conract, and until we start paying our players more we cant expect to demand high fees for them. There is always that exceptional talent who you can demand whatever you want for but they don't come around (in a Motherwell shirt) very often.

You can bet that although Fraser might seem half the player that Jamie is his contract at Aberdeen will be worth much more than Jamie's was with us, and this is reflected in the trasfer fee.

Aye? Well, his dozen or so starts up there brought him an offer of £400 p/w, hence, his old fella advising a move southwards...

Information gleaned when I was in Sheffield last week has our man on considerably more before moving.

Something is still annoying me and it reflects what has been said about us always talking ourselves down. McCall said Aberdeen will Finnish 2nd and he has saw nothing so far that will change his mind.What he might be saying to the players in private may be another thing, but personally I don't want to hear stuff like that. It's a defeatest attitude and may account for not beating the old firm for so long. We might not think we can win but don't tell the world ffswallbash.gif

I believe Liam Craig of St Johnstone and Andrew Shinnie of ICT are in the last 6 months of their contracts... I think they would be great additions to the team and if we arent going to sign anyone else in January, lets think about the summer.

Liam Craig has signed for hibs on a pre contract.

I don't think you can demand more for our players in transfers, because other clubs will only bid what they feel the player is worth, and we're not in a financial position to be turning many bids down. Where we can have an influence though, is in how other clubs view the players of ours that they are looking at, which in turn raises their opinion of what they are worth, and that's what brings in slightly higher bids. Unfortunately that promotion of our product (ie the players themselves) is where we fall down badly.

On that topic- it's disappointing to see today that Ryan Fraser is departing Aberdeen for Bournemouth for three times what we got for Murphy as they feared losing him in the summer and only getting £250,000 in compensation. Makes me think we must have had significant cashflow problems to accept £110,000 for Murphy. Surely a guy who has hit double figures four seasons on the trot and made his first team debut seven seasons ago is worth more in compensation than a guy who has played 15 games?