2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Kennedy is decent, pretty combative but doesn't pick up too many cards. I'd imagine if us and Hibs are both in for him, then we'd be second favourite unless his old pal Ramsden can really sell the club to him...

EDIT Scratch that, I was getting mixed up with my dates. Kennedy joined Rochdale just after Ramsden left. Kennedy did play one season with Higginbotham though...

The good thing to take from that article is he seems to have his head screwed on right. He has admitted (if you take his words as face value) that playing regularly on less money is a lot better for his career than sitting on a bench getting splinters on a lot more money

Randolph won't be playing in the SPL for any other club except Motherwell, or maybe Celtic.

Assuming the aim of his career is to earn money and playing games in the earlier stages allows him to progress his skills to potentially earn increased wages in the later stages, at what point does a player decide to change his priorities and just go for the cash?

It doesn't sound as though Randolph is at that stage yet but he he might think differently in a few years.

Sounds like Hateley might want to stay too

http://www.wishawpre...76495-32661022/

As daft as it may sound, I think we could be looking at a similar situation to Murphy with a lot of these guys in the summer, in that a lot of them would be more than happy to stay but the club will be looking to get them off the wage bill and happy enough to let them leave.

As daft as it may sound, I think we could be looking at a similar situation to Murphy with a lot of these guys in the summer, in that a lot of them would be more than happy to stay but the club will be looking to get them off the wage bill and happy enough to let them leave.

I've read the implication a couple of times that Murphy was "forced out" but I don't believe that was the situation at all. I'm far more of a belief that it was a conclusion reached that was beneficial to and agreed by both player and club.

But yeah as much as its a worry at the prospect of players moving on from a financial aspect it is an opportunity for the club with so many out of contract.

From a punters point of view clearly there's a balance to be struck between the club being secure and having as good a team as we can possibly afford on the park.

It seems likely, as was hinted at last summer with Lasley and Hammell, that offers aren't going to be on par with what players have been on previously. We can only hope that if McCall is keen to keep them that they've built up enough affection for club and that a combination of our offer being good enough and other offers not so good that will want to stay on a bit longer.

By that link, I make Higgy only 1 goal away from breaking into the top 10 SPL scorers (on 63) and also 1 away with becoming our record holder for most SPL goals in a season (currently level with Skippy and Porter on 15 each)

Next time the whole 'Is Higdon Any Good' debate sparks off, the Nay camp can chime in with the 'Scored less goals than Colin Nish!' argument. :lol:

Club not offering contracts to players at all, higgy should have been offered one before end of jan, was in his contract according to his agent and still ain't been offered one. Reckon another player will be sold and think it will be Randolph- think we are going to see a bit of a restructure in the summer. Disappointed at the club in the respect that if sold our squad of players could have brought in quite a few quid. Especially when as highlighted earlier players that have hardly kicked a ball for first teams are being sold for 300-400k ie Allan of hibs or Fraser of aberdeen

Disappointed at the club in the respect that if sold our squad of players could have brought in quite a few quid. Especially when as highlighted earlier players that have hardly kicked a ball for first teams are being sold for 300-400k ie Allan of hibs or Fraser of aberdeen

What do you propose ?

Hypnotising clubs with money to become interested in our players ?

1359066729[/url]' post='372611']

What do you propose ?

Door to door.

Get McCall, hateley, hutchy, Humphrey, ojamaa and randy into the team mini bus and on a tour of the uk's training grounds to try and drum up some business.

What do you propose ?

Not really sure why you posted that mate, simple point I'm making is it would be nice to think the club were a little more proactive in extending contracts at the right time or moving players on if they have 6 months/1year left and have no intention of resigning! Appreciate that sometimes keeping players can help us move up the league, but it's frustrating over the last few years to watch good players walk away for nowt, surely we can be sticking players on 1 yr extensions with the understanding that if a club moves in and they fancy it, then we will let them go, bit of protection for both parties and what's better is we won't even need to hypnotize them

There's been a number of clubs in for our players and interested in them over the last year and a half in particular, I know that for sure, they don't make offers though because we are known for sitting back and letting players contracts run down, so those who do make an offer do it in jan are more likely to do it when there's only 6 months left on their contract.

Not really sure why you posted that mate, simple point I'm making is it would be nice to think the club were a little more proactive in extending contracts at the right time or moving players on if they have 6 months/1year left and have no intention of resigning! Appreciate that sometimes keeping players can help us move up the league, but it's frustrating over the last few years to watch good players walk away for nowt, surely we can be sticking players on 1 yr extensions with the understanding that if a club moves in and they fancy it, then we will let them go, bit of protection for both parties and what's better is we won't even need to hypnotize them