2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2280044/James-McFadden-return-home-Motherwell-playing-just-34-minutes-Sunderland.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Scottish winger James McFadden has finalised his move back to Motherwell and may be ready to play as early as Tuesday against Dundee United.

is this for real :blink:

1361063085[/url'>' post='373982']

"McCall said: "We have had Marc Fitzpatrick in with us, we have had Jim O'Brien in with us, I think the young boy (Paul) Slane might be coming in on Monday to train with us. We are just an open house"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21488076

I can understand McFadden and Fitzpatrick (out of contact) and O'Brien (visiting family?), but why would Slane be training with us?

Slane was a badly advised wean when he left. If McCall wanted him back I'd be willing to give him a second chance to see if he matured. If he apologised and said he wanted to try again, he might be a better player (and a better person) for it.

I was more scunnered with the repeated antics of guys like Paul Quinn who, as captain, should have known better and who didn't learn from his mistakes.

• Like 1

Limerick FC have confirmed that Belgian striker Axel Bossekota will join the club ahead of the new Airtricity League Premier Division season.

The 23-year-old has impressed on trial with Limerick during the last couple of weeks and scored a cracker of a goal against Cobh Ramblers last week.

Bossekota joins Limerick after a period playing with Motherwell in Scotland and Stuart Taylor thinks he will cause Airtricity League defences some concerns this season.

“He’s a very forward thinking player,” said Taylor. “(He’s) very athletic and I know he’ll bring a lot to the team. He can play wide or through the middle, is a very exciting player and we look forward to seeing him in action come the league kick off in March.”

As well as a spell with Motherwell, Bossekota played in the Belgian second division and also in Cyprus. He’s Limerick latest signing ahead of the new season after they have already confirmed the capture of Stephen Folan, Craig Burns, Craig Curran, Robbie Williams and Danny Galbraith.

Limerick kick off their season at home to Cork City on Sunday, March 10 - a game that is live on RTE.

The first team travel to Scotland this weekend for a pre-season tour where they will play friendlies against Dundee Utd and Hibernian.