2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

If the board budget for a good Cup run and a top six finish each season (which is another argument) then it will be interesting to see what happens if we finish outside the top six. Which is a possibility. By the above criteria this season would be a failure......so does McCall still get offered a contract by the board?

I've always been wary of McCall needing to rebuild, potentially, an entire team.

The same concern could be placed at any manager's door though.

Who would I get? Not sure. My thoughts would likely differ from that of the board but I thought McNamara would have been a contender for our job if McCall walked. Derek Adams IF his contract was up and another team (Aberdeen) wasn't interested. Like it or not I believe Steven Pressley would be interviewed for our post and possibly in the running. Too soon for the likes of Paul Hartley. Derek McInnes could be looking for a way back in. The likes of Phil Brown would probably balk at our finances. As for former lower league managers.......I'm not sure.

What about yourself Netherton?

I've always been wary of McCall needing to rebuild, potentially, an entire team.

The same concern could be placed at any manager's door though.

Who would I get? Not sure. My thoughts would likely differ from that of the board but I thought McNamara would have been a contender for our job if McCall walked. Derek Adams IF his contract was up and another team (Aberdeen) wasn't interested. Like it or not I believe Steven Pressley would be interviewed for our post and possibly in the running. Too soon for the likes of Paul Hartley. Derek McInnes could be looking for a way back in. The likes of Phil Brown would probably balk at our finances. As for former lower league managers.......I'm not sure.

What about yourself Netherton?

First of all I don't think we would go for anyone who was currently in a job. We couldn't afford a compensation fee. Anyone know who the last manager who we brought in from another club?

Do you know what? I haven't a clue, sometimes you're better the devil you know and all that. The Jimmy Calderwoods of this world give me the fear. I'm trying to think of a Scottish manager who worked in the lower rungs of the English leagues who is currently out of work and looking for a chance to prove himself. It's worked well in the past eh? :lol:

Derek McInnes would be favourite.

Anyway, I hope McCall signs his 3 year deal.

EDIT: PLEASE NO CRAIG LEVEIN, EEEEVVVVVEEEERRRR!!!!!!!

i hope and think that we will finish top six.

however if we do end up in the bottom six (which is where we'll be tonight if we lose, st johnstone avoid defeat at dundee and the hibs-killie game isn't a draw) it will have been an extremely disappointing season considering our poor efforts in the cups and will also have a big knock on effect on our budget for next season.

i hope and think that we will finish top six.

however if we do end up in the bottom six (which is where we'll be tonight if we lose, st johnstone avoid defeat at dundee and the hibs-killie game isn't a draw) it will have been an extremely disappointing season considering our poor efforts in the cups and will also have a big knock on effect on our budget for next season.

Steelboy please engage brain before opening mouth :whistling:

on TV against Celtic, i personally think we have just waved good bye to Nicky Law - great performance from him last night but what concerns me most is that this season we moaned about not replacing Jennings - we're 2nd in the league just now! But I think this player is going to be near on impossible to replace

he has been outstanding for us and i think he'll be missed more than Jennings - obviously completely different players, but we have no chance of keeping him, bigger teams will come calling

he's wee, he's braw

In the summer I think we will lose

Randolph, Law, Hutchinson, McFadden, Humphrey, Higdon, Hateley and McCall.

Its very worrying that McCall said his contract was all but signed and then nothing. Not even a peep. It makes me think he has thought that can he really achieve what he already has after losing all of the above?

If this does happen then its just another case of rebuilding and trying to develop another strong group of players.

Its the way football is now and also our risky strategy of holding onto players rather than selling them as it means we can face summers that involve mass exoduses.

Its very worrying that McCall said his contract was all but signed and then nothing. Not even a peep. It makes me think he has thought that can he really achieve what he already has after losing all of the above?

I don't know why people get so nervous over these things. Even the most straightforward contracts take time to sign by the time the club and the manager's agents, lawyers etc. have them analyzed line by line.

Anyway, I didn't hear the interview, but my dad heard McCall on the radio last night talking about the new contract. Apparently he said that it will be signed soon - he's just been running about between the Bradford Cup Final, preparing for Dingwall, preapring for last night etc.

I do, however, think it will be his last deal with us.