2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Might be ghoulish or simply insensitive, but time waits for no man and all that, who from the Dunfermline players would be worth a contract at the 'Ark? Just noticed that Gallacher gas been freed and with Randy probably offski I think he could be worth a shout, even just as back up to Hollis

Well, thinking back to when we were in administration there were teams who were publicly offering support and wishing us well, whilst at the very same time seeking to capitalise on the situation with chance-your-arm offers for our players. I'm sure there will be "vultures" ready to swoop for Pars players too.

Having said that I doubt we would be keen on paying even a reduced fee, even if we are interested in of their retained players though so I don't see us being actively involved on that front.

A player whose contracted has been terminated though? That's a different matter and I suppose they would be fair game should McCall have any interest in any of them.

That I suppose though brings you back to the contract situation with the existing out of contract players though. What's the budget for next season? Who's staying? Who's going? At what, if any, point do McCall and Dempster say "thanks for efforts, see you" if players are humming and hawing and begin to look elsewhere?

Well, thinking back to when we were in administration there were teams who were publicly offering support and wishing us well, whilst at the very same time seeking to capitalise on the situation with chance-your-arm offers for our players.

Interesting that, at this time of year when most clubs are tightening their belts, clubs like Partick and Ross County have spare cash to throw around.

Yes, during our dark days of administration, there were some clubs who displayed double standards, but Stuart Elliott did end up on Humberside and not on Tayside making us an extra £210,000 in the process. :evilgrin:

Might be ghoulish or simply insensitive, but time waits for no man and all that, who from the Dunfermline players would be worth a contract at the 'Ark? Just noticed that Gallacher gas been freed and with Randy probably offski I think he could be worth a shout, even just as back up to Hollis

Why would he be a back up to hollis? Hollis has hardly played any spl games.

Cardle was made redundant and hasn't signed for anyone, of what I have seen he might do a decent job for us.

If by 'doing a job', you mean 'being worse than all the options we have', then yeah, he could do a job.

According to McCall some of our out of contract players have told him they will be leaving which is fair enough but i just hope the remaining ones either sign or do the decent thing & sate they will be leaving. Really don't want another Jennings situation where he keeps the club hanging while he waits to see what else is on offer. Here's what we can give you either take or leave it no messing the club around coz if they are leaving replacements have to be found.

If by 'doing a job', you mean 'being worse than all the options we have', then yeah, he could do a job.

Exactly. By "do a job" I meant thinking of next season when we may not have McFadden, Humphrey, Higginbotham or even Law to play in wide positions and we don't have sufficient budget to replace them with players of the same calibre. He did net 8 times last season in the SPL from midfield for a very poor side, although I do see he has only scored three times this season.

DERBY are the latest side weighing up a summer swoop for Rangers target Chris Humphrey.

The winger is one of several first team stars at Motherwell out of contract this summer and has still to receive an offer to stay at Fir Park.

Gers boss Ally McCoist is keen on the England-born Jamaica international — but a string of clubs down south have also been alerted.

Rams boss Nigel Clough took Craig Bryson from Kilmarnock two seasons ago and has kept his eye on the game up here.

Doesn't seem like there's much substance in those 4 lines!

• Like 1

How does this work then, Gers can't sign anyone until 1st Sept & most contracts end at the end of May, so are players expected to sit around for 3 months just cos the, once, mighty Gers have come calling all players are going to get wet & hang about for them! I really hate the fact that the media still think all players want to play for either half of the Old Firm & if they're out of contract that's where they'll end up

They'll sign a pre-contract agreement and then train with them over the summer before signing on 1st Sept. Not sure they can pay expenses over the summer but I'm sure most players could survive 3 months if they know they'll get a nice fat signing on fee to make up for it.